PDA

View Full Version : buying new car

mr
April 26th, 2005, 07:09
A friend of mine is planning to buy a toyota supra mk III.

well .... we had hours of discussion about that car; I'm just tired of that so please tell me what you think of that car.

My personal thougts about it (pls correct me if i should be wrong):

too big turbo lag (3500 rpm)
EXTREME fuel consumption for too few driving joy
too soft suspension
cylinder head gasket needs a lot of attention

-> don't get me wrong -> i don't want to start a campain vs. the supra mk III, ... i just want to have thougts about the car and if my thougts should be confirmed, prevent a friend from buying a crappy car.

thx in advance
mr

JavierNuvolari
April 26th, 2005, 13:41
If the car gives such a hardtime...why not get a Nissan Skyline R33-R34?? I think that the RB26DETT

JavierNuvolari
April 26th, 2005, 13:45
(sorry my sister pushed the enter button) as I was saying the RB26DETT has as much as potential as the 2JZ engine. but then again it might be hard to take care of.

Cheers :bye: ,

Javier

mr
April 26th, 2005, 16:28
thx for your comments javier;

any other thoughts???

Bingocaller
April 26th, 2005, 17:37
Originally posted by mr
thx for your comments javier;

any other thoughts???

Depends on the price?

Tobbe Nukem
April 26th, 2005, 22:09
I dont think you can directly compare a R32/R33 to a Supra MK3. Well, I'm not sure about the price difference but I think the MK3 is far more cheaper.
I did acctually plan on buying a MK3 Supra, but with the car prices here in Finland and the lack of a proper job messed it up. ;)

You acctually mentioned most of the problems with the MK3 but it sure is a nice GT cruiser for the money, in my opinion at least. :)

Today I would rather go for a M3 3.0 or 3.2 although they are 8.000€+ more expensive. :thumb:

mr
April 26th, 2005, 23:03
Depends on the price?

well ... the one he's planning to buy will be around 4,5 k € with loads of km on it (at about 160-180k).
The problem with that special car is (in my eyes) that it's in a rather poor condition (worn out leather seats with tears), generally bad interior condition, ...

hmmm -> maybe I'm just too partially about the supra MK III ... hmm noone on the forum that owned one once ?????
Erik -> didn't you once one one????

JavierNuvolari
April 27th, 2005, 02:50
Today I would rather go for a M3 3.0 or 3.2 although they are 8.000€+ more expensive. :thumb: [/B][/QUOTE]

that's a good choice ;), as matter a fact I would take an M3(E36-E46) over the other 2.

Cheers

Ps. yes actually they are different cars, but they are both great .