PDA

View Full Version : RS6 --> TDi

Snow
January 29th, 2003, 23:08
Just a bit of useless information which I thought was quite funny.

A friend of mine has a friend who owns a RS6. To keep filthy fingers off of his car he's got rid of the RS6 logo's and put a TDi logo at the rear. Hmm... I guess those alloys and the rims (etc. etc.) won't say a thing about what's really underneith the hood, right? :rolleyes:

I would love to see a "TDi" outrun a Porsche on a strip. :hihi:
//Rock on!

Benman
January 30th, 2003, 19:53
now thats what i call a sleeper!:D

:addict:

Xiancorp
January 31st, 2003, 18:53
I'm not so sure I would remove the RS6 logos and add a TDI instead..

First of all, most Audi-fans would recognize a RS6 in a parking lot, even if it had a TDI logo on the back..

After all, it isn't exactly looking like a normal A6.. With the chrome mirrors (and rails), dual enormous exhaust pipes and the RS front and rear..

And personally I would stydy closely an A6 TDI if it looked as fat as an RS6 even if it was fake.. :D

:addict:

Erik
January 31st, 2003, 19:00
I've seen a S8 with 1.9 TDI logo. It did NOT look good.

Any car thieves will have no trouble in recognizing an RS6, I think the owner is only fooling himself.

Snow
January 31st, 2003, 19:49
I know, it's easy even to tell the difference between a S6 and a RS6... And no, i wouldn't switch logo either.

Someone said something like "anyone would recognize it in a parking lot", hell my RS6 (if I had one) wouldn't be standing still for a second.. :incar: :rolleyes:

taipan
February 1st, 2003, 11:59
You'd need a lot of work to transform the looks of an RS6 into a stealth V6 TDI with "oversized wheels from a tuner" ...

Probably the easiest/cheapest way to give it a lower profile/camouflage would be to give it the S6 look by replacing the wheels with the well-known 17" S6 standard ones and found some smaller circle exhaust-ends.
That'd probably fool a bunch of "so-so fans" who'd wouldn't go any further to "eliminate" it as a member of the S3/S4/S6/S8 family (if they don't get too close).

But you may not want to go that way... ;-)

Eric

Snow
February 1st, 2003, 13:53
True true...

But I stil think that the easiest way to keep fingers off of a car is to buy a simple sticker (which you do want to be able to remove =) with: "Nevermind the dog, beware of the owner!" :devil:

Xiancorp
February 2nd, 2003, 01:46
Originally posted by Snow
"Nevermind the dog, beware of the owner!" :devil:

Ha ha nice one :0: