PDA

View Full Version : Would you try to park between these two cars?

Aronis
April 24th, 2005, 14:09
Well some did.....and I cought her in the act.

Some drivers need not apply for license renewel.

There's poor judgement and there's REALLY POOR JUDGEMENT.

Aronis
April 24th, 2005, 14:16
of course she hit my car and not then 20 year old Ford Taurus

GoFastKindaGuy
April 24th, 2005, 15:05
Bummer.

It is so rare to catch 'em anymore. Now, I hope she was insured.

I had a minivan door thrown into mine by an impatient teenager two weeks ago -- big dent -- right on the body accent crease. I caught her as I came from the grocery store; actually, there was already a note behind the wiper with the phone number. All fixed and paid for.

Judgement is preferred, but I'll accept accountability as a close second.

:noshake:

CornersWell
April 24th, 2005, 16:44
It's not a happy event, I know. I've been there. Stupidity runneth over!

In the last three years, my vehicles were hit a total of 5 times. The now gone E55 was the victim of a stone-throwing incident (got the kid...10-year old) and two hits while it was parked on the side of the road (both drivers fessed up and were insured). My now gone 1983 Ferrari 512BBi also had a rear-ending incident (driver was insured, thankfully...$12K that I had to submit through my insurance company for subrogation, though...and it was a light hit with no metal damage). Finally, my 996 Ducati was knocked over in a hit and run (no one got her license plate, just got it back after 6 months after $3500 of cosmetic work). Fortunately, I wasn't on it.

Needless to say, I'm quite tired of dealing with different insurance companies. I feel for you, but life moves on. It's only a car, and in a few years, you'll probably want the latest and greatest new toy anyway. If it's a daily driver, just have a drink and try to put it behind you. Once I did, the E55 just became another car to me.

On the plus side, it doesn't look like there was much, if any, sheetmetal damage. Just paint work. Still annoying, but a good body shop will make it as new.

CW

jgun81
April 24th, 2005, 18:34
My experiences were worse.
Parked on street over night and i guess it snowed that night.
Next morning, I was walking to my car and noticed something
was odd. My car was surrounded by police officers.
well...a truck that cleans up snow, hit
my car and damaged hood. I had it replaced.

2 weeks later, I was walking to my car in school parking lot.
Then I noticed a small crack in my front bumper. No note, numbers. I had to pay to get it fixed. Wasted $530.

I was pretty pissed off, but what can i do.
Shlt happens and we gotta deal with it.
Good thing is you don't have to pay for it.

J0X
April 24th, 2005, 19:16
I've always used two spots (i see you're doing it too!), and I've managed to keep the sides fairly undented.

Unfortunately I live in a place where it's standard procedure to actually hit the two cars you're parallel parking inbetween – intentionally!! "*Bonk* Alright, time to turn the wheel *Bonk* Almost outta here! *Bonk* And I'm out!"

I kid you not.

Aronis
April 24th, 2005, 20:16
It's one spot!

It just happens to be wide due to the way the lines were painted.

I now park at even more of an angle.

The damage is not a big deal.

It's "I don't give a shit about your personal property" attitude you get from people.

It's only a scratch! Say that about the front windows of you house!

For me to get something like this fixed (correctly, at a place that has painted a multiple-layered-paint car) it is going to take a 5 hour each way trip, two or three days off from work, etc.....I could I suppose pay someone to drive it there and take it back, that will add more to the cost of the repair. I am going to leave it as is! I'll buff it out as best I can and I am getting Orange Cones now to place next to my car like George Burns used to do! LOL.

I may try the local repair shop. who knows perhaps they are Great! I have no experience having a car repaired, never needed to.

I have never hit another car in 25 years of driving! I have also been lucky in that no one has ever hit my parked car before either.

Oh well, just thought I ask if anyone would squeeze in between two cars like those in the picture!

Mike

SpinEcho
April 25th, 2005, 00:06
:vgrumpy: :vgrumpy: I am truly sorry to see that damage on your Beast - hope you can touch it up OK.

With some, as you point out, it's the "I don't care about your personal property" attitude. With others, it's the "oh, look, it's an expensive car - lets ding the b@st*rd". Thankfully the RS6 is subtle enough most people have no idea what it is.

JAXRS6
April 25th, 2005, 06:35
Originally posted by jgun81
...I was walking to my car in school parking lot.
Then I noticed a small crack in my front bumper. No note, numbers. I had to pay to get it fixed. Wasted $530.

Did you call your insurance agent? Mine said that when my car is hit while parked, it's always covered, no deductible & no questions asked.

Aronis
April 25th, 2005, 14:41
my insurance company said they would not EVEN BOTHER GOING AFTER THE OTHER GUYS INSURANCE if the damage is less than the $500 deductable.

Thus if less than $500 regardless of who is at fault, I have to pay.

Friggen insurance companies!

They exist to MAKE MONEY, be it health insurance, fire insurance, auto insurance, what ever.....

Mike

Benman
April 25th, 2005, 15:27
Couldn't see the second pic so can't tell if it will be more than $500.00.

Sorry to hear though as that SUCKS. I always try to park as far away from humans as possible!

Ben:addict:

Aronis
April 25th, 2005, 15:32
how come you could not see the second picture?

Mike

Benman
April 25th, 2005, 16:22
Originally posted by Aronis
how come you could not see the second picture?

Mike
Not sure why my computer blocks it. There's a small box with a red X in it. So it's a No Go.:confused:

gjg
April 25th, 2005, 16:25
I have the same problem with second pic

Aronis
April 25th, 2005, 16:38
How about this one? Does it show up? I made it smaller....

Aronis
April 25th, 2005, 16:41
Originally posted by J0X
I've always used two spots (i see you're doing it too!), and I've managed to keep the sides fairly undented.

Unfortunately I live in a place where it's standard procedure to actually hit the two cars you're parallel parking inbetween – intentionally!! "*Bonk* Alright, time to turn the wheel *Bonk* Almost outta here! *Bonk* And I'm out!"

I kid you not.

No space hogging here, it happens to be wide!

LOL

Benman
April 25th, 2005, 22:52
" I can see clearly now..."

Seems to be very minor. No dents?

Sucks that like you state, people seem to care not one lick about others property.

And NO, I would not try to squeeze into that spot. Unless of course I drove a beat up Pinto (bad joke, sorry).

Aronis
April 26th, 2005, 13:36
A Pinto would at least fit, not a Ford Taurus! LOL...

There is a slight dent, but I am going to fill it in with touch up paint....

Oh well...

Pinto....with or without exploiding gas tank? LOL..

Mike