PDA

View Full Version : NE Spring Meet anyone?

nyrs6
April 18th, 2005, 15:09
We have to plan one soon. We need a date and place. :rs6kiss:

mike03rs6
April 19th, 2005, 16:04
i'm in! anywhere in tri-state area.

nene
April 19th, 2005, 16:38
In!

Aronis
April 19th, 2005, 17:44
Sounds Fun...

Can we do the meet at the Northern End of NY STATE? LOL....

How about at Lake Placid?

Mike

smeeg
April 19th, 2005, 18:55
im sure incognito and his brother(e55amg) are down to go..

rks838
April 19th, 2005, 22:53
Although I have no chance of going, I go to Lake Placid every summer. The roads are amazing - some tight and curvy, most with some curves and some straights. Well paved, too, but quattro helps deal with that anyway. The town is a great place, too. Great dining, too, especially at the golf clubs bec:) I'd highly recommend Lake Placid.

nyrs6
April 20th, 2005, 05:06
Originally posted by Aronis
Sounds Fun...

Can we do the meet at the Northern End of NY STATE? LOL....

How about at Lake Placid?

Mike

I am shure Finnus wouldnt, mind i think he lives up state. I think most of us would not be able to make it that far. Maybe we can do it in Kingston like last spring meet. Is that too far for you?

Last spring meet was shure alot of fun i hope we can get something together and do it again.

JA
April 20th, 2005, 10:43
...I'm in.

Just a suggestion, but maybe start out somewhat early on a Sat or Sun for those who need to make it back for any evening plans they may have.

While I love Lake Placid as much as the next guy, perhaps something further south along the lines of the Kingston meeting last time would allow more people to attend.

It would be great if we got many here and on the RS6 board over at audiworld.com to make it.

Jeff

nyrs6
April 20th, 2005, 16:16
How about a sunday in May? Maybe the 8th. I think kingston (where we had it last time ) Is a good idea.

Hopefully everyone that was there last time can attend. Sprint Blue,Btumble, finnus, speedracer, Robert V.

Here is a link for last spring meet.

http://www2.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=3554&highlight=Spring+meet

Finnus
April 20th, 2005, 21:46
I'm in!

Not only are the roads fun around Lake Placid, the scenery in the High Peaks area of the Adirondaks is pretty spectacular.

Finnus

:addict:

Aronis
April 20th, 2005, 23:31
Um, Kingston NY, Found it....280 miles.....umm... but Lake Placid, 40 minutes away! LOL

Hey, May 8th is MOTHER"S DAY!

Becareful with that date!?!?

We have a very busy weekend planned...

Sat May 7- Baby's Baptism
Sun May 8- Son's First Communion
Sun May 8- Mother's Day Brunch-Malone Golf Course. In-Laws and In-Laws together in one room....LOL...

I'll make it to one of the GTG, someday!

Mike

nyrs6
April 21st, 2005, 01:03
Originally posted by Aronis
Um, Kingston NY, Found it....280 miles.....umm... but Lake Placid, 40 minutes away! LOL

Hey, May 8th is MOTHER"S DAY!

Becareful with that date!?!?

We have a very busy weekend planned...

Sat May 7- Baby's Baptism
Sun May 8- Son's First Communion
Sun May 8- Mother's Day Brunch-Malone Golf Course. In-Laws and In-Laws together in one room....LOL...

I'll make it to one of the GTG, someday!

Mike
Sorry didnt know it was mothers day. So maybe may 15?

Lake placid would be nice but i dont know how many people would be able to show up. I think only finnus is close enough. I dont think my dad and i will be able to make it so far. But what ever is best for everyone. If most people dont mind going that far then make it in lake placid.

Finnus
April 21st, 2005, 13:29
Lake placid would be nice but i dont know how many people would be able to show up. I think only finnus is close enough.

And Aronis ... I knew it was too good to be true. LOL

That ride we went on last year near Kingston was a blast ... whoever designed it has my vote for selecting this year's ride.

Finnus

nyrs6
April 21st, 2005, 15:36
Originally posted by Finnus
And Aronis ... I knew it was too good to be true. LOL

That ride we went on last year near Kingston was a blast ... whoever designed it has my vote for selecting this year's ride.

Finnus

RobertV and speedracer. We have to contact them somehow. It was a great ride.

We can compromise a little farther upstate another 50 miles or so. Any suggestions for a nice place a little farther north?
:addict: :s4addict:

Aronis
April 21st, 2005, 15:52
Kingston is fine, but unfortuately I work every other weekend.......

on-call sucks....

Prisoner in my own town LOL..

Mike

rks838
April 22nd, 2005, 04:29
The roads between between Oneonta and Utica, around Cooperstown, seem pretty good, but I've only traveled them once and do not know the area that well to fully back up what I just said...

RobertV
April 22nd, 2005, 12:13
I still have both the Kingston and modified Cliff's route (Bear Mt area close to West Point) maps and turn by turn sheets.
Mother's day is out for me too.
There are some great roads up north by Lake George, but I do not remember them that well (I lived in Albany 15 yrs ago.)
I'll give Speed a call and have him and his son chime in.

luv2xlr8
April 22nd, 2005, 15:43
hey hows it going guys? This sounds like fun and hopefully it wont get rained out like the last little meet we had. The route around bear mt and 7 lakes drive is really nice but i think it would be too far for guys like finnus. My WRX will be finally be tuned hopefully by later this week but deff by this meet so it will be fun. Would you guys want some STi's or fast WRXs to show up?

nyrs6
April 22nd, 2005, 19:15
So How does Sunday May 15 Sound to everybody?

smeeg
April 23rd, 2005, 04:44
what time?
and is it gonna be at bearmtn again?

nyrs6
April 26th, 2005, 17:01
Kingston. And the time shouldn't be somewhat early like JA said. Everyone should be able to make other plans so this shouldn't take up a whole day. I say maybe 9:00 Meet and 10: AM Drive?

We need more RS6 Owners. Where is Btumble, Sprint blue, How about You nene? Lets Try to get At least 5 RS6's like last time :addict: Other audis and non audis are welcome of course.

nyrs6
May 5th, 2005, 02:19
So anybody up for the meet? Is everybody cool with the date and place? :deal:

incognito
May 5th, 2005, 07:51
it sounds good but sundays is an early day of work for me....yes i know...it SUCKS... have to be in work around 1... not sure how far kingston is from me so i may be limited on the time of driving but i dont care much, would like to see more than 50 audi's in one parking lot....even better, would like to see 50 audis doing double the caution limit...

Silversleepa
May 6th, 2005, 16:26
Originally posted by nyrs6
So anybody up for the meet? Is everybody cool with the date and place? :deal:

Will be nice to put names/sigs with faces...see you guys next week...! :addict:

JA
May 6th, 2005, 17:58
Hope we can get a nice turnout for this...last year was fun.

nyrs6
May 6th, 2005, 21:15
OK so far we have JA, incongnito,nene and My brother with my dad Fast One. So far 4 RS6's Anyone else? Finnus are you in?

RobertV and speedracer, we need the Route from last time. The map and all.

So is it offical:confused:

Kingston
9:00 AM meet And 10:00 AM drive?

Rain Date obviously will be the following week.

Only one week left, we have to do things fast if we want to make this work.

I am going to make a new thread.

Silversleepa
May 6th, 2005, 21:22
Hopefully no rain....

nyrs6
May 6th, 2005, 21:25
Originally posted by Silversleepa
Hopefully no rain....

Sorry i missed you.

So we have 5 now.

RobertV
May 7th, 2005, 02:37
Please right click and save as on these two maps:

Route Map1 (http://users.bestweb.net/~rev/RS6Drive/MAP2RTE2811.jpg)

Route Map2 (http://users.bestweb.net/~rev/RS6Drive/MAP1RTE2811.jpg)

Click on this link and click on the Drive.xls link

Click on the Drive.xls and save it :) (http://users.bestweb.net/~rev/RS6Drive/)

I hope to join you.....I have a closing coming up.....but who knows when it will be.

Speedracer
May 7th, 2005, 13:40
I haven' t been here for a while. I believe I still have a Word file of the route instructions. Email me at naitove@verizon.net and I can send them as a Word file or a .pdf,

Speed

PS I think LUC2XLR8 is planning to make it.

nyrs6
May 8th, 2005, 04:52
"Place: Exit 19 * Kingston * New York State Thruway

Just after you pay the toll turn right into a parking lot immediately after the traffic circle Sign and before you get onto Route 28. There are 2 lots. The first one is only for state personnel. We will be in the 2nd one and will park a car near the entrance so you can't miss it."

I guess we meet up the same place as last time.

Also someone who knows the area should find a place to eat. I think Robertv would know where.

so we have 7 members.

Nene,JA,silversleepa,fast one,Speedracers son,
incognito and RobertV.

RobertV hope you can come and lead us again. You know the route the best.

db79
May 12th, 2005, 00:25
Anyone going to the RS & S car meet Sunday in Danbury, CT

luv2xlr8
May 12th, 2005, 19:28
most of the local guys will be at this meet

nene
May 12th, 2005, 20:49
I am very sorry fellas, but I'll have to skip this one.
I have family arriving this weekend from Maryland, and they won't be heading out until about Wed of next week. I have to do the right thing, and spend it with them. I believe this was the reason I did not make it last year, as it was a last minute decision on their part. Have a good time, and take pix as before.

nyrs6
May 13th, 2005, 02:08
So so far we have fast one, luv2xlr8, silversleepa, JA, incognito, and robertv. Can we get more?

RobertV do you know for shure yet if you can come?

The 5 day is showing scatterd Thunderstorms on sunday but its still too close to tell. Lets hope for the best. Remember if it rains hopefully we can do it the following week.

We need the route from speedracer.

nyrs6
May 13th, 2005, 15:25
Sunday isnt looking to good :(
http://weather.yahoo.com/forecast/USNY0760_f.html
It is still a bit early though.

Rain date: Sunday May 22,2005

nyrs6
May 15th, 2005, 02:31
Rain is in the forcast . http://weather.yahoo.com/forecast/USNY0760_f.html

Looks like we have to push it off to next week sunday.

Any thoughts?

luv2xlr8
May 15th, 2005, 06:43
yeah its been raining all night and its supposed to rain tomorrow. I think this should be called a rain out and we will do it next week. Maybe nelson and some other people can make it now. oh well...see ya next week!

-Cooper

:incar: :race:

nyrs6
May 15th, 2005, 12:40
OK its rained out.

Next week probably.

luv2xlr8
May 15th, 2005, 16:45
we should definately do it next sunday. Does that work for everyone?

nyrs6
May 15th, 2005, 19:49
If there is a different date other then next sunday then someone should speak up. If another weekend is better for most people then we will do it another sunday. We need a date thats good for everyone.

I am hoping now more RS6 owners can come.

Benman
May 16th, 2005, 15:59
OK its rained out.

Next week probably.
:nono: :nono: Shame on you! You have quattro and you let an event becomed cancelled due to rain? What do you guys drive, M5s?:nono: :nono:

:D

Ben:addict:

Speedracer
May 17th, 2005, 01:12
Originally posted by Benman
:nono: :nono: Shame on you! You have quattro and you let an event becomed cancelled due to rain? What do you guys drive, M5s?:nono: :nono:

:D

And it didn't rain!

nyrs6
May 17th, 2005, 03:48
The forecast was called for rain. I didnt want to tak a chance with most people traveling 1-2 hours.

Hopefully we can make it this week.

So who is on for this week? :incar:

luv2xlr8
May 17th, 2005, 04:49
me :0:

nyrs6
May 20th, 2005, 00:25
Looks like we will forget about them meet, because it looks like no one wants to meet anyway. Also the weather isnt looking to good for sunday anyway. Maybe some other time when its good for everyone we can make one.

luv2xlr8
May 20th, 2005, 00:47
oh well :confused:

Benman
May 20th, 2005, 01:29
Looks like we will forget about them meet, because it looks like no one wants to meet anyway. Maybe some other time when its good for everyone we can make one.
Ahh... so it looks like the So Cal meet WAS the biggest RS 6 get together after all!

Seriously though, sorry to hear you guys won't be getting together. That's just wrong. You guys were supposed to show us Western Boys how its done.:cry:

nyrs6
May 20th, 2005, 02:39
If people are willing to get together then we will make it. So far only luv2xlr8 and my dad is willing to come so far. 2 people are not enough to make a meet.

Di the Socal meet have more then 5 RS6's, because last meet we had 5 RS6's.

Benman
May 20th, 2005, 15:08

Di the Socal meet have more then 5 RS6's, because last meet we had 5 RS6's.
No, it had 3. My comment meant the biggest RS 6 meet for THIS year.:cheers: