PDA

View Full Version : Sprint Blue RS6 for sale

Another One
April 13th, 2005, 17:15
The car is located in the Washington, DC area. Mileage is 12xxx.

The RS6 is clearly the most perfect car I've ever driven, but I need to sell it. Unfortunately.

Sprint Blue, ivory interior, with warm weather package.

Not too sure what these are selling for, but I'd like to get $65K or so.

Email me at: kevininnaples@aol.com

sturs6
April 13th, 2005, 17:51
Sprint blue? Could you please post a picture of the car.

Erik
April 13th, 2005, 18:39
Sprint Blue is my absolute favourite!

Search and you will find loads of pics.

http://www.rs6.com/forum/attachment.php?s=&postid=10149

sturs6
April 13th, 2005, 21:07
:vhmmm: Wow!!! that is nice looking...
I am really missing my RS6... My wife would kill me though.
Help me think of a way. :vhmmm:

audirs6sport
April 13th, 2005, 23:18
Originally posted by sturs6
:vhmmm: Wow!!! that is nice looking...
I am really missing my RS6... My wife would kill me though.

Do you seriously miss your RS?

rks838
April 14th, 2005, 02:19
Finally! Another DC RS6 owner! I'll keep an eye out for the car...

Off topic, but where are your favorite spots to drive fast (but safely...) in DC?

CornersWell
April 14th, 2005, 02:36
And, there's a 4th that I know of.

peebs
April 14th, 2005, 02:52
Hey rks838, do you have more pictures of your car? Looks fantastic and I'd love to see more.

oswald
April 14th, 2005, 02:55
Originally posted by sturs6

de-badge it, fit some cheap wheels... pretend it's a 2.8 v6 ;-)

JAXRS6
April 14th, 2005, 03:15
Originally posted by oswald
de-badge it, fit some cheap wheels... pretend it's a 2.8 v6 ;-)

That would help, no doubt, but the flared fenders & rocker would need a VERY cold shower:rotflmao:

I've never seen Sprint Blue. It wasn't offered when I ordered my car. Was it special ordered? Are you the original owner, Another One? It looks much better than I expected a light/bright blue would. I think the RS6 rocker panels (as they're called here) help "slenderize" the car in a way that, unlike the A6, prevent lighter colors from making the car look too bulky.

Pardon us for asking so many questions, Another One, but many here are crazy about this car; as you can see at least one former owner wants one back!:rs6kiss: But unlike another popular forum, you won't get deleted here for posting a car for sale. Hope you stick around & take part, this thread may help you sell it. It is an unusual car, tho, barely known in some markets and seemingly a hot item in others (e.g. Denver and L.A.), so patience can be a virtue sometimes.

Here's a site that may be helpful. 1st 7 days free, targeted to Audi owners/buyers/sellers, and I hope Erik doesn't mind; I don't think he offers a competing classified section. I found buyers here for two prior Audis:

httlp://audiworld.com/classifieds/

rks838
April 14th, 2005, 06:31
Wow, 3 other DC RS6 owners! Awesome

peebs, I have sorta bad news - that's not my car, though I wish it was. It's B&B's tuned RS6 on 20" wheels, and believe it's been lowered a tad. Here's the link to their gallery: http://www.bb-automobiltechnik.de/bb2004/en/galerie/audi/rs6/index.php

I realized at some point that the pic somehow looks DC-ish. Mine is "just" a stock gray RS6...

By the way, I'm in Chevy Chase.

CornersWell
April 14th, 2005, 14:03
Mine is Avus silver w/ charcoal. The other I know of is Mugello Blue w/ silver (Alexandria). Also, I forgot that I know of at least one other but I don't know the colors (again, Alexandria). That makes 5 total so far.

CW

CornersWell
April 14th, 2005, 14:14
Somehow I just don't see them all mixing well together!

Just took the winters (Ronals w/ Pirellis) off and put my summers back on (stock 9-spoke w/ Pirelli P-Zero Rossas) and can't believe how bad the roads are. If we go to lower profile tires and bigger rims with a lowered suspension, I suspect we'll be spending a lot of time waiting for AAA or Audi's service vehicle!

I think MD's roads are marginally better than VA's. Both MD and VA's roads are significantly better than DC's.

Unbelievable! Still, I like the look of the B&B car. Very impressive.

CW

Rrrrr...
April 14th, 2005, 14:14
First time seeing the RS6 in sprint blue.

Clearly, it would be my pick if i were looking for one.

:love:

Another One
April 14th, 2005, 17:35
yes, I am the original owner. I think you'll find that with Audi you can order any custom color you want. This was an RS4 color in Europe so the Audi people didn't need a sample.

I love the color. Although I might not pick it for a Rolls or for a 1976 Fleetwood, I think Sprint Blue is the perfect color. When I saw it sitting in the service lane for me to take delivery, my first though was why doesn't everyone order this color. My second thought was that I'm glad they don't.

I will try to post some pictures. Sorry for the delay but I've been kind of sick most of the week.

Someone asked about best places to drive fast around DC. I can only offer a couple. Rt. 211 going up to Skyline Drive from Sperryville, VA. I love hitting those ascending S curves at 90 or so.

Whatever that road from Sperryville that goes to Culpeper and Old Rag Mtn. is a good one too. When I turn onto that, with 1.5 miles of straight secondary road with no real driveways to worry about, I will usually take it up to 150. But I usually do that in my Mallett Corvette.

There is also a super nice, but only perhaps 3/4 mile, twisty stretch of Roxbury Mill Road in Howard County off of Rt.97.

rks838
April 23rd, 2005, 03:20
Sorry, been gone for awhile. I think the best roads in DC are actually in the city, in Rock Creek Park. They're lightly traveled, except for the deer, which can be a problem.

I agree, the B&B RS6 would not do well at all in DC. Not that you don't already know, but there are SO MANY POTHOLES - ugh. With 20" wheels and 35-series tires (maybe 30?!), you'd feel like you were driving a skateboard - every pebble and groove would be noticed.

I don't want to create a separate thread for this, but my RS6 creates an icredible amount of break-dust that dirties up the wheels quickly. Do your RS6s do this too? Thanks.

JAXRS6
April 23rd, 2005, 15:14
Originally posted by rks838
... my RS6 creates an icredible amount of break-dust that dirties up the wheels quickly. Do your RS6s do this too?

Yes. Consider:

1) I had a 1998 A4, which generated a lot of brake dust, and a 2000 S4, which had more, and the RS6 makes more still.

2) The S4 was heavier up front than the A4 (bigger engine) and the RS6 is considerably heavier than the S4, especially in the weight its front wheels must carry; and

3) When my Audi dealer was also a BMW dealer, the service manager once said, "All German cars have more brake dust than American cars."

mi021le
April 24th, 2005, 04:48
bethesda right here. :addict:

rks838
April 24th, 2005, 05:09
Bethesda - that would make 6 (I think) DC RS6 owners on this forum.

Good to know that brake dust is in fact a common nuisance on the RS6. Actually, when I waited a long time (3 months or so) before cleaning them, the wheels had a nice grey look to them, like they were anthracite or something. But usually they just look dirty...