PDA

View Full Version : Thought you guys might like it. I know I do, love tracks!

audirs6sport
April 13th, 2005, 08:11
http://www.carpignano.ch/Video/red_devil_04_15mb.wmv

360M
April 13th, 2005, 18:10
That is one ugly but fast Golf. I hope they converted that to AWD, can you imagine the torque steer on that?

RS4Ever
April 14th, 2005, 01:11
holy (you know the rest)!!

Silversleepa
April 14th, 2005, 01:43
The lines were amazing...interesting to see him slip past lead vehicles...I guess having something that small (with big torque) that you can pack into corners is a major plus...amazing control!! Can you imagine driving like that to work??:hahahehe:

audirs6sport
April 14th, 2005, 10:06
Originally posted by Silversleepa
The lines were amazing...interesting to see him slip past lead vehicles...I guess having something that small (with big torque) that you can pack into corners is a major plus...amazing control!! Can you imagine driving like that to work??:hahahehe:

There's some dumb kid that thinks that car was able to pass up on all other cars due to hp. Do you agree? lol

Silversleepa
April 14th, 2005, 19:00
What is amazing is that he can handle that car DESPITE the HP -- can't imgaine the power-to-weight ratio on that car!!! -- on the other hand, you see amatuers do the oversteer thing with cars that have significantly LESS P-T-W like E55's, M5's, Vettes, etc...along with most rear wheeled vehicles on challenging road tracks-- clearly the lines are due to the driver's ability to control the boost (and of course, work the the brake entry, and exit acceleration...) properly -- it was like watching a video game where everybody else was handicapped by a limiter -- UNBELIEVEABLE!!! What was also interesting was watching the laws of physics "take over" larger vehicles that went too deep into turns -- a choice...you can either slow down or leave the track and do the "offroad thing"...

and while I'm sure that car costs a pretty penny to build, the other high perf drivers who spent bukku bucks must have had to do double takes after the "lowly golf" passed them with engine roaring!!:incar:

Thanks again for sharing -- fantastic vid!!!

7:53 RS6
April 22nd, 2005, 14:21
Thats video looks up speeded and not orginal. Even so its one fast Golf.

Bingocaller
April 22nd, 2005, 15:53
Linky no worky :cry:

audirs6sport
April 22nd, 2005, 23:10
Originally posted by Bingocaller
Linky no worky :cry:

right click, save target as. :)

SpinEcho
April 24th, 2005, 02:21
Turbo VR6 - nothing to sneer at.... ;)

I wonder if it's AWD - it sounds like it loses traction coming out of some of the corners, but I can't imagine FWD with that kind of hp!

audirs6sport
April 24th, 2005, 03:43
They claimed it to be an FF. :)