April 6th, 2005, 15:10

Fab
April 6th, 2005, 15:11

Fab
April 6th, 2005, 15:12

tailpipe
April 6th, 2005, 15:31
fAB,

You are a top man! Thanks for posting these outdoor images of my next car. It looks great.

Any idea what colour this car is?

Fab
April 6th, 2005, 15:59
My pleasure :p those pics look fantastic. The color looks to me as the grey shown in Geneva, but it may be avus grey...

Mine will be avant version in Daytona Grey. We will have to arrange few meetings next year to meet with our beasts:thumb:

tailpipe
April 6th, 2005, 16:09
I saw the silver car in the flesh at Geneva and it was quite different to this colour, which seems almost to have a purple element in it.

I quite like the blue we've seen in all the publicity pictures, but it isn't very subtle. Red is is pretty bright too, while silver doesn't really show off the superb detailing. I kind of like the darker colours, such as the gunmetal grey, black, dark blue and dark green.

Yes, we'll definitely have to arrange some kind of European track day.

:thumb:

Fab
April 6th, 2005, 16:11
I am ready.

We just need the car:D

Rrrrr...
April 6th, 2005, 16:55
nice pics!

a masterpiece

:rs4addict

Duma
April 6th, 2005, 20:14
It's beautifle.
:MTM: :MTM:

buyalemon
April 6th, 2005, 22:28
let's hope the DTM cars can keep up :rs4kiss:

Benman
April 6th, 2005, 23:15
With the roof lights, it looks as if it would make a GREAT patrol car!:MTM: Wacth out speeders!:D

Ben:addict:

RS4Ever
April 7th, 2005, 02:22
wow

awsome pics Fab

beautiful!!!

kujo
April 7th, 2005, 03:50
FAB,

thanks sooo much.
The ride height looks sweet.

I'd bet that is Avus Silver and seeing it in that color makes my decision even harder now....

Thanks again.

I can't wait to see these in action over in Europe and see some 'real world' performance tests.

kj

Bauer
April 7th, 2005, 06:52
Very nice!!!!

Fab
April 7th, 2005, 08:44
Hi Kujo,

Same feelig for me : I was convinced about Daytona Grey but those avus pics looks great and make me wondering.....:vhmmm:

gnomik007
April 7th, 2005, 09:10
The ride looks sweet.

Will there be an option of black instead of chrome grille frame and roof lines like on RS6+?

Ruergard
April 7th, 2005, 14:05
damn that's nice! :bigeyes:

jmk
April 9th, 2005, 03:36
Ditto! The colour is awesome, and I cannot believe how beautiful those fender flares are......:dance:

Iceman
April 9th, 2005, 10:09
Originally posted by kujo
FAB,

thanks sooo much.
The ride height looks sweet.

I'd bet that is Avus Silver and seeing it in that color makes my decision even harder now....kj

That RS4 is lowered, its down on the standard ride height by a inch or so.
Phantom black is the color i say to go for.:D

wfg, Hans.

Fab
April 9th, 2005, 10:10
some more pics :heart:

Fab
April 9th, 2005, 10:11

Fab
April 9th, 2005, 10:13

Fab
April 9th, 2005, 10:15

Fab
April 9th, 2005, 10:16

Fab
April 9th, 2005, 10:18

Nordschleife
April 9th, 2005, 19:22
Originally posted by Iceman
That RS4 is lowered, its down on the standard ride height by a inch or so.

you THINK

R+C

Iceman
April 9th, 2005, 19:47
Originally posted by Nordschleife
you THINK R+C
I'm sure of it.
http://img125.exs.cx/img125/4228/frontwheel8lo.jpg
http://img125.exs.cx/img125/7145/frontwheel22ue.jpg

wfg, Hans.

Nordschleife
April 9th, 2005, 20:22
What you have shown is two pictures which appear to show a different ride height.
You have no idea what condition the show car was in when the photograph of it was taken.
Unless you personally weighed and measured both cars you are guessing. A lot happens to cars between their show release and when they hit the show room floor.
Did you know those two cars have different horsepower? Does it matter - NO.
Did you know the American car has a different ride height than the European car?

You really cannot draw conclusions from photographs.

R+C

kujo
April 9th, 2005, 20:57
I hope that lowered ride height is what the PLUS suspension package will look like.

Damn, I can't wait for this car.

I wished we get some 'drive' reviews from some of the Euro mags soon.

I really want to see 'real world' numbers....

kj

RS4Ever
April 10th, 2005, 08:09

I wished we get some 'drive' reviews from some of the Euro mags soon.

kj

:alig: werd.

bbt123
April 10th, 2005, 09:10
I have Avus on my B6 S4. Special order paint.

It is a beautiful color. In bright sunlight it is just a gorgeous silver and at night with ambiant light it is just great. BMW has a similar dark silver on their 5 series but Avus is slightly more "blue-ish" and in my opinion nicer. Looks sweet on this RS4.

For me an RS4 would be a coin toss between Avus and that dark gray color (Daytona?) or whichever it was. Forget that horrid blue or yellow versions.

kujo
April 10th, 2005, 09:29
post some shots of your Avus S4 for us to see !!!!
Haven't seen it in person yet, myself...

kj

Iceman
April 10th, 2005, 14:18
I have seen "Avus Grey" on a Audi TT 3.2 Quattro great color.

wfg, Hans.

Spada
April 10th, 2005, 16:25
What you have shown is two pictures which appear to show a different ride height.
You have no idea what condition the show car was in when the photograph of it was taken.
Unless you personally weighed and measured both cars you are guessing. A lot happens to cars between their show release and when they hit the show room floor.
Did you know those two cars have different horsepower? Does it matter - NO.
Did you know the American car has a different ride height than the European car?

You really cannot draw conclusions from photographs.

R+C

Yes he can.

Nordschleife
April 10th, 2005, 17:12
Originally posted by Spada
Yes he can.

you probably believe what you read in car magazines too.

Photos are VERY misleading!

R+C

Erik
April 10th, 2005, 18:52
I'm quite happy to have ordered Avus Silver. :thumb:

Spada
April 10th, 2005, 20:09
you probably believe what you read in car magazines too.

Yes, i'm a complete idiot.

Exactly what conclusions did he draw that you're dissagreeing with? He posted pictures of two cars and commented that the pace car is lower than the show car and you try to make him out as foolish for drawing "conclusions" and ask if he has personally weighed them. Here's a conclusion: The Pace car is obviously lower, and it's probably because its suspension is tuned for the curcuits on which it will be used.

Nordschleife
April 10th, 2005, 20:23
Audi do not tune their "safety cars".

What the photographs show is a show car on 18 inch rims
and an operative car with 19 inch rims.
Furthermore, the show car was a US spec version which has a significantly higher ride height.

What is being compared is a US spec car with a Euro spec car.

Nothing has been 'lowered'. In actuality, the exact final deliverable configuration is still being finalised.

Early model pre-production cars can change from day to day.

R+C

carlos
April 10th, 2005, 23:28
I would totally agree with iceman, that is for sure a lower car. Not sure it is a plus susp. but it is lower. I saw in person the rs6 safety car and it was lower more than an inch from standard rs6.
Probably one ( only few) of the thing i did not like from the show car was the height, even the yellow quatrro night car was a bit high. This car makes all the difrence lets hope we can get that susp. from audi OEM.
CESA

Nordschleife
April 11th, 2005, 08:50
Originally posted by carlos
that is for sure a lower car. Not sure it is a plus susp. but it is lower. I saw in person the rs6 safety car and it was lower more than an inch from standard rs6.

1. there is no such thing as a Plus suspension, the RS4 is supposed to be the high performance car in the line up .

2. the RS6 safety cars are NOT lowered, its not in Audi's interests, the same way as they do there Driving Experience in stock cars.

3. Cars in the American market are raised and given softer springs.

4. You are confusing US spec cars with ROW cars.

5. You cannot rely on pictures of show cars when they are first released.

6. Surprise, surprise, pictures DO lie. As anybody who works in TV News or Sport will tell you.

R+C

kujo
April 11th, 2005, 13:53
Look at the RS4 spec sheet, directly off the Audi UK website.

One optioned offered is called ' Sport Suspension Plus '................

If they don't offer it, why is it an 'option' for the UK cars ?

Also, so your saying that all the RS6's that came to the US, that also had the 'Sport Suspension Plus' package offered as an option on them, had a higher ride height ??????

The RS6's I've seen, in the US, with the Plus Suspesion, ride pretty damn low.

Real cars, on real roads....not photos.

Kurt

Nordschleife
April 11th, 2005, 14:21
Look at the RS4 spec sheet, directly off the Audi UK website.

One optioned offered is called ' Sport Suspension Plus '................

If they don't offer it, why is it an 'option' for the UK cars ?

Also, so your saying that all the RS6's that came to the US, that also had the 'Sport Suspension Plus' package offered as an option on them, had a higher ride height ??????

The RS6's I've seen, in the US, with the Plus Suspesion, ride pretty damn low.

Real cars, on real roads....not photos.

Kurt
Kurt
The UK has bad roads, not as bad as the US, but pretty awful. So UK spec cars have 'softer' suspension.

Federal regulations require that US cars have a higher ride height than ROW cars.If you go to the factory and park a US bound car nose to nose with a ROW car, you can see and measure the difference.

Be careful not to confuse stiffer springs with lowered suspension.

In the US the standard RS6 was supplied with raised suspension, the 'sports suspension' you are talking about is the standard ROW suspension with stiffer springs, ARB and valving. In ROW Audi did offer a 'sports' suspension, it did not lower the ride but it did make it very uncomfortable without perceptibly improving the handling.

The RS6 suffers from a serious suspension problem in that with ROW suspension it is too firm at low speeds and too soft at high speeds. This is a nasty corner for the chassis engineers to have painted themselves into.

R+C

Spada
April 11th, 2005, 14:42
1. there is no such thing as a Plus suspension, the RS4 is supposed to be the high performance car in the line up .

Well "nordschleife", it's funny you should say that, because I'm speccing my car right now and I think when I need to decide whether there is such a thing as suspension plus, I'll read the words "Sports suspension plus, stiffer springs, damper tuning, 10mm lower ride height" as they appear on the price list my dealer gave me.

2. the RS6 safety cars are NOT lowered, its not in Audi's interests, the same way as they do there Driving Experience in stock cars.

Another bold statement. Where are you getting this information? Is there a source? Or do you just know better than everyone else like with the afforementioned sports suspension. And anyway, what do the cars audi uses for it's driving experience have to do with the RS6 pace car? Audi can do whatever they want to their pace cars. I saw an RS6 pace car last year and not only was it clearly lower than a roadgoing model, it had black trim around the grille: This is not even an option, let alone a standard feature. I take it you are telling us that this is a stock, Euro spec rs4? If you look through the rear window, you can see a rollcage. I dont think the road cars will come with this fitted. Unless you have worked on this car or something, spare us your commanding tone and capital letters and stop stating your clever preconceptions as facts.
I can, like other users, see clearly that this car has very low suspension. So if it is not running sports suspension, or more likely, a unique, curcuit orientated set-up, can you realistically see it coming down another 10mm?

4. You are confusing US spec cars with ROW cars.

No, we are comparing a show car to a pace car.

5. You cannot rely on pictures of show cars when they are first released.

6. Surprise, surprise, pictures DO lie. As anybody who works in TV News or Sport will tell you.

What is your point? Noone is relying on anything! People have noticed that the two cars are different, that is all. You are the only person attempting to speak with authority on the matter.

Iceman
April 17th, 2005, 22:00
Audi RS4 DTM SC in Action.
http://www.dtm.de/fotos/2005-04-15/2005-04-15-110.jpg
http://www.dtm.de/fotos/2005-04-15/2005-04-15-111.jpg
http://www.dtm.de/fotos/2005-04-17/2005-04-17-025.jpg
http://www.dtm.de/fotos/2005-04-17/2005-04-17-069.jpg

wfg, Hans.

RS4Ever
April 17th, 2005, 22:02
another...

Article...(DTM pics at bottom- goto gallery) "New Audi A4 DTM Debuts with Best Time " (http://www.fourtitude.com/news/publish/Motorsport_News/article_1213.shtml)

Spada
April 17th, 2005, 23:59
sweeeet

Croman
April 18th, 2005, 06:40
Good Luck M3 E90! :rs4addict
That car is just nasty..:heart:

Benman
April 18th, 2005, 15:48
Thanks a bunch for sharing. Those pics are sweet and the car looks great!

Ben:addict:

alex_s3
April 25th, 2005, 13:42
haha.. the dtm cars cant keep up whit the rs4... rs4 is really a nice car.. great pictures!!

MJN
April 27th, 2005, 12:09
After a crash in the first corner, the RS4 Safety Car came on the track for about 4 laps and i must say it looked very nice, those DTM cars behind the RS4. And then there was that sound! A sort of S4 sound but then a lot better :D

He're some photo's of the RS4 in action!
http://www.dtm.de/fotos/2005-04-17/2005-04-17-025.jpg
http://www.dtm.de/fotos/2005-04-17/2005-04-17-069.jpg