PDA

View Full Version : APR good or bad?

gnomik007
March 22nd, 2005, 19:20
I am doing a bit of research here to tune my TT and found that APR have released 380hp package and of course it got my attention.I know its RS6/S6 not TT forum,but its not about TT. I asked a few friends of mine who are in car tuning business here in Moscow,and they told me to better not deal with them as the quality is not of the highest standard.Their view is that a german car is best tuned by germans.I don't know if I agree with such statement,although personaly would most likely turn to germans.
On the other hand I have read and saw even on this forum many examples of well tuned euro beasts done up in US.

Anyway,please tell me what u think and how does US tuning compare to Euro(not taking asia here).

RS4Ever
March 23rd, 2005, 03:55
i dont know if i can help you much...

but here it is:

im not familiar with many different tuning firms here in the US, only because i have not gotten deep enough into it.

anyways, here in the US, its either that APR is well respected or will be and here is why:
we have a tv show called "sports car revolution" that is on SpeedTV that they are now tuning an A4 1.8t ultrasport b6 (2005) into a pretty nice beast.

this show is aired every week and every week that it is aired they show what they did to the A4 as for upgrades and sometimes how they did the upgrades. there are 13 episodes. scroll down the website to see.

i have seen the first two episodes.. here is a Website (http://www.fourtitude.com/news/publish/Industry_Tuner_News/article_1095.shtml) of what they will do and what they did to the A4.

btw, its not a full 30 minutes of only tuning the A4.. they show maybe 5-10min.

anyways, again, i dont know how much this will help you for your decision , however you can see that they chose to use APR.

i saw your post in the TT section that you were interested in tuning yout TT. just didnt want to see you hanging.

good luck.
and let us know what you chose and what transformations your TT is going to go through.

JAXRS6
March 23rd, 2005, 07:14
I had good experience in power & reliability with APR chips on my 1998 A4 1.8T and my 2000 S4. However the RS6 is a different car requiring different programming, so I would not automatically assume APR's chips will be as good for the RS6.

For one thing, the weak point in those earlier cars was the turbos. In the RS6 it appears to be the tranny, and numerous posts have described trannies that failed with different brands of chips.

You need to explore TT forums on this topic in my opinion. You know about audiworld.com right? They have a TT forum.