PDA

View Full Version : Malaysian Grand Prix

5000S old skool
March 20th, 2005, 16:57
Anyone watch it? It was a Renault 1-2. Schumaccer got 7th. and Montoya 3rd. I did'nt get to watch, it was on at 3 in the morning over here. Anyone have any details?

TaTaPiRaTa
March 20th, 2005, 23:21
http://www.formula1.com/race/result/733/8.html

:addict: :addict: :addict:

RS4Ever
March 22nd, 2005, 06:38
i saw some of it and enjoyed watching it.. they were superfast.

i heard schum usually starts his season not in the best way but then pulls his weight together.

i have to see that live .. the sound is probably so :hahahehe:

and if you notice i like to start my sentences with "I"

I am a robot (inside joke)

btw, is there any bias to power in F1.. as in is it all 100% to rear?

BigT
March 22nd, 2005, 15:09
if you havent watched it check out my review clip:alig:

5000S old skool
March 23rd, 2005, 22:51
F1 is Mid-engine RWD.. if thats whats your asking, RS...

RS4Ever
March 24th, 2005, 00:52
Originally posted by 5000S old skool
F1 is Mid-engine RWD.. if thats whats your asking, RS...

yeah , thanks man, thats what i was asking.

i just wasnt 100% sure since these cars are so technologically advanced (as for computer to read stress levels at all corners of car) and all the tires seem the same size.

but i guess i forgot of the image of an F1 doing donuts at the end of a race - which tells me 100% rwd.

thanks again.

BigT
March 24th, 2005, 02:48
Originally posted by RS4Ever
yeah , thanks man, thats what i was asking.

i just wasnt 100% sure since these cars are so technologically advanced (as for computer to read stress levels at all corners of car) and all the tires seem the same size.

but i guess i forgot of the image of an F1 doing donuts at the end of a race - which tells me 100% rwd.

thanks again.

You will never see an F1 car do a donut at the end of the race...:eye:

RS4Ever
March 24th, 2005, 04:30
Originally posted by BigT
You will never see an F1 car do a donut at the end of the race...:eye:

sorry, however , i was implying that i had already.

can i tell you what races exactly? no.
but back a few years ago when i was watchin EuroSport at 3am Israels time I did happen to see a few instances of this.

(im pretty sure what i saw was F1)

BigT
March 24th, 2005, 14:53
well back all the way to the past 5-10 years, the FIA has strictly FORBIDDEN donuts at the end of the race, plus with the rules as they are now the cars must be a heavy as possiable at the end so the drivers go really slow at the end and try to pick up "clag" with their tires as well as preserve fuel...

So if indead you saw something do a donut it must have been an Indy...:bye2:

RS4Ever
March 25th, 2005, 02:42
Originally posted by BigT
well back all the way to the past 5-10 years, the FIA has strictly FORBIDDEN donuts at the end of the race, plus with the rules as they are now the cars must be a heavy as possiable at the end so the drivers go really slow at the end and try to pick up "clag" with their tires as well as preserve fuel...

So if indead you saw something do a donut it must have been an Indy...:bye2:

BigT,

you might be correct, it might have been Indy.

i also remember seeing this instance in an internet video clip called "ruch montage" , i think its the 2nd one that has a quick glimpse of this.

but anyways, good to know about the above info about the "clag" and forbidden stuff.

BigT
March 25th, 2005, 02:56
ya, im the F1 guy hehe, anyway you also might have seen an F1 do a donut at a "pre race" event like they do in the UK