PDA

View Full Version : The next RS6 engines is going to be...

Erik
March 17th, 2005, 17:26
OK, so I've got dome information that Audi has started working on the next RS6. Great news!

The heart of this car is going to be a V10.

But there are 2 roads to go, either high-rev (like the RS4 and the M5) or a V10 with twin turbo. Basically we're talking Lamborghini V10 power in a family car!

Apparently Audi will 'wait and see' how the customers, magazines and other media welcome this new concept incorporated in the new RS4 V8.

What do you think? I personally think Audi-people can be a bit too "twin-turboed".

And - remember, you haven't driven the Rs4 yet. I bet it's going to be fantastic!

Benman
March 17th, 2005, 18:09
Originally posted by Erik
I personally think Audi-people can be a bit too "twin-turboed".

What?!? There is NO SUCH THING AS TOO TT!!!:D

Ben:addict:

phatfocus
March 17th, 2005, 18:13
does it really need twin turbos, 500 plus bhp with NA is easily acheivable from what i can make out.

mind u, turbos will give more tourque and a less peaky delivery i guess

BBGT2
March 18th, 2005, 06:31
I think it should be a twin turbo and BIG ones too, hopefully Audi will stop playing catch up and lead the pack as they (hopefully) know that they have been doing. In any case I dont care I am sure it will be a ROCKET and just hope that it comes over here and not make us wait TOO long of a time because of "federalizing" issues, BMW and Mercedes federalize all their cars and give us Americanos the same seats powerplants etc. Audi wake up and smell the beer already we want it all maybe if you send it we will buy it there is a novel idea for them. Oh and YES I will want a RS6 for sure, sure miss my monster and have even contacted the dealer that I have traded it in to contact the person who they sold it to to see if maybe possibly he wants to sell it, I got my fingers crossed. I love my S8 but there is no substitute for the monster.
Hey Erik ALL my cars have your stickers on them thank you very much!

Bajo:addict:

Erik
March 18th, 2005, 09:08
Originally posted by Bajors6
Hey Erik ALL my cars have your stickers on them thank you very much!

Cool! Thanks! :thumb:

Finnus
March 18th, 2005, 10:52
I personally am addicted to "turbo-rush" and I'm not sure I could handle the withdrawal! LOL

Also, although I'm not one to tune my car due to warranty issues, I like the idea that others can. Who doesn't like to hear about a stage 4 stripped down Beast tuned to 600+ bhp, weighing in at 3700 lbs, running a sub 4 second 0-100KM/H???

I agree with Bajors, "Audi step up to the plate. NEVER FOLLOW!", and Benman, "Can't be TTT".

Audi, live up to you slogan - NEVER FOLLOW!!!

Finnus
:addict:

sturs6
March 18th, 2005, 11:51
Originally posted by Finnus
I personally am addicted to "turbo-rush" and I'm not sure I could handle the withdrawal! LOL

Also, although I'm not one to tune my car due to warranty issues, I like the idea that others can. Who doesn't like to hear about a stage 4 stripped down Beast tuned to 600+ bhp, weighing in at 3700 lbs, running a sub 4 second 0-100KM/H???

I agree with Bajors, "Audi step up to the plate. NEVER FOLLOW!", and Benman, "Can't be TTT".

Audi, live up to you slogan - NEVER FOLLOW!!!

Finnus
But if they would go ahead and tune it for us then we who do not want to mess with our warranty would not have to. I think it is a deal with the tuners so that they can stay in business I mean what would be wrong with building a 600 hp quattro car now 600 hp rear wheel drive would be different.

Aronis
March 18th, 2005, 14:43
They need to start with the short comings of the 2003 model.

Better Brakes.

Better Engine Heat Management.

Better Transmission, able to handle 150% of the cars actual output (for reliability and longevity issues, more than mod issues).

Turbo V10 would be a killer......but they should be able to match the 500 numbers without a huge change in displacement if using Turbos!

Turbo Timer included.

Wheel well flares that cover the tires, and don't let the paint get sandblasted off the fenders (problem with entire A6 line).

Full sized spare tire PERIOD. No Discussion.

All Luxury items included, not options, such as rear window sunshade, side window shades, heated rear seats, etc. They top dog car should have all bells and whistles.

And....FIRST PREFERENCE TO CURRENT RS6 DRIVERS!!!!!

Mike

sturs6
March 18th, 2005, 15:12
Originally posted by Aronis

Better Brakes.

Better Transmission, able to handle 150% of the cars actual output (for reliability and longevity issues, more than mod issues).

Turbo V10 would be a killer......but they should be able to match the 500 numbers without a huge change in displacement if using Turbos!

Turbo Timer included.

Wheel well flares that cover the tires, and don't let the paint get sandblasted off the fenders (problem with entire A6 line).

All Luxury items included, not options, such as rear window sunshade, side window shades, heated rear seats, etc. They top dog car should have all bells and whistles.

Mike

Amen Mike,
Preach it!!!!!

R8isGreat
March 18th, 2005, 15:59
Definitley 2 big turbos. When you over rev the engine you end up with less torque, right. Like the M3 with 261 ft lb (youre welcome nord) of torque, or even the new RS4, with less torque than hp. Unlike the 911 turbo with comparable torque numbers with hp, or the beast.

Benman
March 18th, 2005, 16:12

Mike
Yes, this part is KEY. If they truely want quattro's RS line to be the "elite flagship" division that it should and could be then the also have to act like other "elite" car makers. Now, I by NO means am comparing our Beasts to the Enzo, but look at how Ferrari handled that one. Previous Ferrari owners GOT PREFFERENCIAL treatment compared to "first time buyers". That might not sound fair (or free market) but it WILL establish BRAND LOYALTY!

Ben:addict: (TT please:D )

audirs6sport
March 19th, 2005, 04:45

Better Brakes.

Turbo Timer included.

Mike

Couldn't agree more =) I wish they also had seat coolers, they are more useful around here than warmers.

Bauer
March 19th, 2005, 07:27
My vote is for.....

Less weight then C5 RS6

40/60 power bias

Better brakes...note to Audi ...Alcon 6 pot work wonders.

DSG or manual

Recaro's

and yes twin turbos.....I have always loved the turbo Audis and I have owned many. To me it is a S RS signature. Plus after hearing of all the problems with the new M5 motor and current M3 motor....high reving, high strung motors do not seem as relaible as turbo charged cars....yes the KO3's had problems on the S4...but IMO mostly because Audi cut corners and had some design flaws. Example: early B5 S4's had oil feeder lines that were too small and would block up casuing failure of the turbos. Poor design of the throttle body boot...material would crack and would cause turbos to over spin. Lastly ....they should have just gone with the more reliable KO4's....or even the KO3's from the 1.8t (bigger and better). Lastly turbos are cheaper to replace then a blown high strung motor....

AUDI GO FOR THE TURBOS!!!!!!

I AM SERIOUS.

V10 TT

Thank you very much:D

gjg
March 19th, 2005, 22:31
Originally posted by Bauer

Better brakes...note to Audi ...Alcon 6 pot work wonders.

Movit would do ..... field proven already .... :thumb:

DSG or manual

oh yes ....

now we, who enjoy the Recaros already ain't gonna bitch about that part ....

Iceman
March 19th, 2005, 22:55
I think that it will be a 4.2 liter V8 FSI twin turbo 550 bhp.

wfg, Hans.

gregoryindiana
March 20th, 2005, 01:14
V10 for uniqueness, and since the basic mill is already in house, cuts some development time.

I think they could FSI the engine, again in house technology, quicker development.

I do want DSG, but I don't know what the technical limits are of the technology vis a vis HP or torque. No glory in Tiptronic.

Please Audi, outsource the brakes to a company who makes that their business. If they have already done heavy fast sedan brakes, an extension of the range to the new RS6 shouldn't be too hard. True enthusiasts WILL pay for better brakes, ask Alcon, Baer Racing, Brembo, or Movit.
One thing I would like to see would be some dedicated brake cooling air ducting. Looks cool, couldn't hurt performance.

And the SEATS. C,mon. at least as an option. If there is a choice, see how many of us pay the extra $$$, then draw your own conclusions. If Europe can have virtually bespoke RS6's, then a few more options couldn't hurt for us. 19 inch wheels, logo floor mats, along with the seats, would have been US slam dunks.

audirs6sport
March 20th, 2005, 02:34

40/60 power bias

The new TORSEN setup is suppose to be 40:60 on S and RS quattro drivetrain.

audirs6sport
March 20th, 2005, 09:56
I wish Audi would just increase the displacement up to a 7.0L Biturbo setup. But too bad Audi's never going to do that. ALOT more tq please!!! :D

Bauer
March 20th, 2005, 16:58
Originally posted by audirs6sport
The new TORSEN setup is suppose to be 40:60 on S and RS quattro drivetrain.

That's what I hear...just making sure Audi is listening.

I have a 4:1 center Torsen and LSD on my S4 and IMO it makes a huge difference.

audirs6sport
March 20th, 2005, 20:06
That's what I hear...just making sure Audi is listening.

I have a 4:1 center Torsen and LSD on my S4 and IMO it makes a huge difference.

Nice, will you be attending the upcoming dubwars 2005?

Bauer
March 20th, 2005, 20:35
Never been before...don't know where or when it gets held.

God
March 28th, 2005, 12:23
V10 tt

JP4
March 29th, 2005, 05:06
Originally posted by Finnus
Who doesn't like to hear about a stage 4 stripped down Beast tuned to 600+ bhp, weighing in at 3700 lbs, running a sub 4 second 0-100KM/H???

Finnus

Yah...and don't forget that the last version of the Champion RS6 GT cars that Galati and Pobst were driving last year were turning 2.7 sec 0-60 mph! :wo: :applause:

That's some serious friggin acceleration for sure!

Benman
March 29th, 2005, 16:38
Originally posted by JP4
Yah...and don't forget that the last version of the Champion RS6 GT cars that Galati and Pobst were driving last year were turning 2.7 sec 0-60 mph! :wo: :applause:

That's some serious friggin acceleration for sure!
:bow: :bow: (Make it STREET legal and I'll take TWO please!:D )

Ben:addict:

Finnus
March 29th, 2005, 19:38
Yah...and don't forget that the last version of the Champion RS6 GT cars that Galati and Pobst were driving last year were turning 2.7 sec 0-60 mph!

At 3700#s, I always thought that was a typo and should have been 3.7. Does anyone know for sure?

Finnus