PDA

View Full Version : Ground clearance

Valmor
March 16th, 2005, 07:08
May sound strange but have anyone tried to increase the ground clearance of RS6? At least to the level of stock A6 with “bad roads” package? I love this car and considering to buy one (specially since there are pretty good deals on used RS6). The problem is that here in Moscow where I live the car with stock clearance will “collect” all road bumps, pits and curbs. I now that for sure since I used to have S4 Biturbo and traded it for Allroad because of clearance issue (and tiptronic, too). Allroad is a nice car but too sluggish even when chipped. So I am looking for something more potent but not less convenient. Cayenne is out of my budget range and are being stealed too often.

gjg
March 16th, 2005, 09:38
there is a lister here from Moscow (gnomik) who has/had rs6 in Moscow, perhaps get in touch with him

gnomik007
March 16th, 2005, 13:42
Hey,to be honest I do not understand why u would want to increase the clearence.I used my RS for 2 years and even in winter and the original clearence was enough(I hope everyone understands how much snow on roads here there is).I even travelled to St.Petersburg there and back once and my front spoliler was as new,although at some point I wanted to stop and start crying the road is so bad.Original clearence is somewhere around 10cm,which is not that much of course,but enough to drive no problem I think.