PDA

View Full Version : GT4 challenge on The Ring

luv2xlr8
March 16th, 2005, 04:26
I have seen some intrest in this so lets do it. So far my fastest time on the ring is 7:02 with my modded STi and 8:23 with a stock M3. Whats everyone elses best times?

:incar: :race:

Fab
March 16th, 2005, 08:03
I getting used to the track with my M3 CSL :king: amaising handling this car.... I will train myself and post my time but I think I will be far from your 7:02

AudiTumbo
March 16th, 2005, 10:47
7:10 with tuned (to the max) RS6.

I would like if anybody can beat my 0-400m times with the Audis:

Le Mans Quattro: 8.822 sec
RS6: 9.355 sec
RS4: 9.422 sec
Nuvolari Quattro: 9.655 sec
Abt TT-R: 9.722 sec
S4: 9.988 sec

:incar:

Benman
March 16th, 2005, 15:53
Originally posted by AudiTumbo
7:10 with tuned (to the max) RS6.

I'll be gunning for that time when I play tonight!!!:incar:

Ben:addict: :addict: :addict: :addict:

luv2xlr8
March 17th, 2005, 00:33
i just did a 7:05 in my WRX touring car and i went off track a bunch of times so i will easily be able to get past the 6 min mark.

EDIT: I was right i just got a 6'55.573 :bye2:

Benman
March 17th, 2005, 01:05
Originally posted by luv2xlr8
i just did a 7:05 in my WRX touring car and i went off track a bunch of times so i will easily be able to get past the 6 min mark.

EDIT: I was right i just got a 6'55.573 :bye2:
6:55 beats the 7 minute mark, I think that's what you mean.:D

Ben:addict:

oswald
March 17th, 2005, 04:25
6.44.12 in a 810 bhp Mine's Skyline GT-R R34. I'm still sweating, but I can do better. This was on road tires, will try the super-soft race tires next time...

luv2xlr8
March 17th, 2005, 04:32
i have an 880hp R34 and i hate the way it drives :( Is the mines one better than a normal R34 with all the mods?

oswald
March 17th, 2005, 04:40
hmm... i actually have not tried the original R34, but my Mine's has full customize suspension and basically all available goodies... 4 me it drives like a dream... very easy to control, almost no tire spin under acceleration..

I also have a TVR speed 12 at 960bhp, rear wheel drive which spins the wheels up to 4th gear... but reaches 230mph on a straight... totally pointless... ;-)

sticko
March 17th, 2005, 08:28
My friend Set an amazing time with the Sauber C9. One lap around the ring took him 5:57 min.

Respect! :bow:

Benman
March 17th, 2005, 18:03
OK, last night was fun:0:

Because this is posted on the RS6/S6 forum, I'll stick to just Audi times and not misc. cars (unless we move this to the Racing Thread:D ).

First, RS 6. With every possible item I could buy and the stickyest (real word?) tires, I managed a 6:58.314. So luv2xlr8, I couldn't beat your WRX Race car's time but came close!

Now, talking race cars, who's got the R8? This car is pheonominal at the Ring!:bow:

After many tries I posted a 5:54.690 (bone stock)!!! And believe me, it wasn't my skills that did it:hihi: I can't say enough about the car. It is fantastic! It's the closest I'll get to driving one in real life but man, what a BEAST! I will try to beat those times again by weeks end but I know someone will beat me to it!:0:

Ben:addict: :incar: :race:

Graeme
March 17th, 2005, 19:09
I just got a 5.58 in the R8. Have given up trying good times in the RS6. After all the race cars that are available, why drive road cars ?
On a different note, I've just got the logitect DFP900 wheel and pedal set. It's totally transormed the game for me. It's taking a while to get used to having to sit on the floor on a bean bag and putting my feet through the coffee table to the pedals though. My missus has banned me from buying the full seat set up as I've claimed the wheel and game are for our four year old son, and he couldnt reach the pedals in the seat set up, so I was busted. haha

Benman
March 17th, 2005, 20:04
Originally posted by Graeme
I just got a 5.58 in the R8. Have given up trying good times in the RS6. After all the race cars that are available, why drive road cars ?
On a different note, I've just got the logitect DFP900 wheel and pedal set. It's totally transormed the game for me.
My missus has banned me from buying the full seat set up as I've claimed the wheel and game are for our four year old son, and he couldnt reach the pedals in the seat set up, so I was busted. haha
Tell me about it. The DFP makes the whole difference. Have the playseat and that makes it all the more realistic. Can't even imagine going back to analog.:rolleyes: :D

AudiTumbo
March 17th, 2005, 21:08
How and where do you win the R8??? :bow:

Benman
March 17th, 2005, 22:20
How and where do you win the R8??? :bow:
I bought it.:deal:

If you want to win it you must beat the 24 heures du mans I. 24 heures du mans II will win you the Bentley Speed 8. The easiest way to do this (although a cop out) is to train up your B Spec Driver and once he's got the experience (and car) needed, just B-Spec the whole race. My cousin went that route to get all the cool cars (Mac F1, Toy Minolta, Mercedes C9, etc...).

Personally, I'd rather win them myself and only use the B-Spec guy while I get a little sleep (just like the driver rotation in the REAL Le Mans!). Just my 2 cents.:cheers:

Ben:addict: :race: :incar:

AudiTumbo
March 18th, 2005, 00:13
Originally posted by Benman
I bought it.:deal:

.....is to train up your B Spec Driver...

Aight.

1. How do you win a lot of money the easiest way?
Here is how I do it:
I drive the Tahoma Wet Race (Normal) in Different Conditions and it's only a one-race, where you get 10.000 for the win, and then you win the Mazda6 Touring Car, which you sell for 95.000. This race takes only 3 minutes. I drive the Audi Le Mans and my best lap there is 57.9.

So, in 3 minutes, I win 105.000 ....

Is there any better way than this?

2. How do I train my B-Spec driver? Just be racing and winning?

oswald
March 18th, 2005, 00:50

Here is how I do it:
I drive the Tahoma Wet Race (Normal) in Different Conditions and it's only a one-race

So i can do this for ex. 10 times in a row and win a million? you get a prize car every time?

In your home you have B-Spec skill level - the more you let your B-Spec driver race, the more he learns and becomes better. ;-) Mine is still an idiot.

AudiTumbo
March 18th, 2005, 00:53
Originally posted by oswald
So i can do this for ex. 10 times in a row and win a million? you get a prize car every time?

Yes, when you want to race yet again on a race that you aleady have won, the game asks you if you want to clear your earlier results, without affecting the win-ratio, so you can win the car again. So you choose "clear records" and then you can race again....and again...and again...

Race that race for like 30 minutes in a row and you got a million or even more...

Benman
March 18th, 2005, 01:15
Aight.

1: There are lots of ways.

The fastest is this. Go to the Legends of the Silver Arrows race. You will need a sweet ride to compete (the SLR shows up a lot!:bigeyes: ). Once you've won that championship, you'll receive a CLK Touring car. Take that car (with stage 4 turbo & better tires if you like) to the DTM races in the European Events. Enter the Championship series and have your B Spec Driver do the work ( I prefer winning it yourself the first time). In the manager screen, set the speed to 3x. At this pace you can win ALL 5 races in 15 minutes. You get $15K for each race plus $75K for the Championship. But that's nothing. The prize car is the CLK-R Le Mans BEAST that you can sell for $750K!:bigeyes: So in 15 minutes you can get $900K (your way is $35K a minute, this way is $60K a minute) each time and as you already know can do this as much as you like.

2: Training your B Spec guy is more of a mystery. It's not like A Spec where it TELLS you the points you're going to get BEFORE the race starts. With B Spec, you never know. Some races will deem it worth 10 or 20 points, some as high as 600 or 700! The best bet is to diversify. Have him drive in all kinds of different cars on all different tracks. You want him to have more experience before he enters the difficult races. If he has NO experience than start him out in EASY races with a superior car, that should help. As time go by and he gets more Battle Skill, Mechanical Skill and Track Skill you can enter him in tougher competetion. For the DTM don't worry so much about hugh ex points, just make sure he's got a superior machine. Set him at 4 or 5 with the overtake button left on. If you see your guy going off track or other "dumb" behavior, he's pushing too hard so set him back at 3. Once he's past everyone in the field set him at 2 or 3 for the remainder of the race. It takes time to get his stats up but you'll get there. Hope this helps.:cheers:

Benman
March 18th, 2005, 01:21
Originally posted by oswald

In your home you have B-Spec skill level - the more you let your B-Spec driver race, the more he learns and becomes better. ;-) Mine is still an idiot.
:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:
No kidding! Mine had the same "wow pa, I'm a real life race car driva!" mentallity. He still revisits that stage every so often. Just diversify and don't have the setting too high. And if he's really that dumb, make sure his car will beat the field.:cheers:

AudiTumbo
March 18th, 2005, 10:45
1: There are lots of ways...

Thanx so much for the help!
I'll start doing that and then I'll buy myself a R8 :incar:

And one last questions, is the highest skill on the B-Spec 100? I mean, for the machine etc. I've got like 45 now.

Benman
March 18th, 2005, 15:26
And one last questions, is the highest skill on the B-Spec 100? I mean, for the machine etc. I've got like 45 now.

Don't mind the questions as I LOVE this game, keep em coming and I'll do my best to answer them.

I don't think anyone knows yet what the Max is for B-Spec points or skill levels. Some think that it will max out at 10,000 points and like you said 100 for each skill level.

Currently I'm at:
7024 B-Spec points
82 Mechanical
75 Course
69 Battle

The more points I get, I notice the harder it seems to increase so the cap may very well be 10,000 and 100. We'll just have to find out. Let me know what you think of the R8. There's some chassis and brake settings for the R8 I got off of http://ps2.ign.com. Great site to visit BTW for all things video games.:cheers:

AudiTumbo
March 18th, 2005, 16:29
My current standings are so far:

Game completion: 34.1%

A-spec points: 3826p

A-spec milage: 1908 km

B-spec milage: 669 km

B-spec skill: 6076

Machine: 74

Course: 61

Battle: 58

Benman
March 18th, 2005, 16:44
My current standings are so far:

Coming along just fine. Just IMHO, don't use the B-Spec guy for races you haven't won already yourself, it ruins the game. By the looks of your A Spec and B Spec mileage I'd say you're doing great. I try to make sure I always have double to triple the A Spec vs the B Spec ratio so I know I'm Not "cheating". Where as my cousin has like 4 TIMES as much B Spec as his A Spec! I mean, what's the point?:trash:

I've heard of some guys with @ 50% completion that have OVER 40,000 A Spec points! Die Hards I guess!

freerider
March 18th, 2005, 17:40
Aight.

Actually, you should race the the second special conditions competition. It's 2 races and you get 5000 each time and when you win the two, you get a toyota rally car that's worth 250.000. Sell it and race again. Easy money. (when you want to race again you will have to clear the data)

Btw, does anybody know what's the max amount of cars that you can put in the garage?

Greetz Johan

Benman
March 18th, 2005, 18:46
Originally posted by freerider
Actually, you should race the the second special conditions competition. It's 2 races and you get 5000 each time and when you win the two, you get a toyota rally car that's worth 250.000. Sell it and race again. Easy money. (when you want to race again you will have to clear the data)

Btw, does anybody know what's the max amount of cars that you can put in the garage?

Greetz Johan
The way I suggested is $180K per race, yours is $130K a race but to each his own.

Your garage can hold a maximum of 1000 cars. There are over 700 cars (on the NA version) so as long as you stick with one of each car (of course, TWO of each Audi:D !) you should have plenty of room in there. Get the complete list at http://www.us.playstation.com/Content/OGS/SCUS-97328/Site/

Make sure you guys save some $$$ for the "Black Racers" that show up in the used car lot on day 694-700. After that they're gone till the next cycle (day 1394).:cheers:

AudiTumbo
March 19th, 2005, 00:06
sure you guys save some $$$ for the "Black Racers" that show up in the used car lot on day 694-700. After that they're gone till the next cycle (day 1394).

Wow...tell me more about this!

How and where??

Benman
March 19th, 2005, 01:28
Tell me more about this!

How and where??
Basically, it is the Mazda 787B, Nissan R390, Nissan R92CP and Toyota GT ONE racecars all in jet black. They are just like their counter parts (except the Mazda, I don't believe you can win or buy that one) without all the sponsor logos and are just very rare. Rare only because they show up at the Used Car Lot I and Lot II (2 in each) on day 694. They are there for 7 days (GT4 game time). After day 700 (the last day of the car cycle), they go bye bye. They will reappear after the car lots have recycled through all the used cars again (PD programed the game to cycle and update the used car lots every week up to day 700). So they should show up again on day 1394. They are not cheap at $8.4 million for all four, but that is cheaper than buying them new. I used the Mazda for the GT World Challenge in the Pro Hall.

I think really this is just a ploy by PD to get us to waste even MORE time playing this addictive game!:eek: I've never used drugs, but let me tell you, it's getting out of control! My cousin tells me that at random, you can even win "black" versions of other race cars! When will the madness end?!?;)

Back to topic, I'll be trying to beat my RS 6 and R8 times this weekend. Also would like to see what times I can post with the A4 DTM car:0: I'd like to see what times others are getting as well so I can judge how bad I suck.:hihi: More pratice, to the Benmobile!

AudiTumbo
March 19th, 2005, 10:27
Basically, ....Ben:addict:

Thanx so much for that.

I'm now at day 671...! How many "days" does it take to drive the DTM-champs?

Btw, I have now bought the Audi R8 and did 478,2 km/h with it.... :MTM: :thumb:

steve
March 19th, 2005, 18:32
What a wonderfull game it is :)
I've just finished Driving Mission 34 with the SLR against other Mercs... Had to do it 10 times but the last time I had a 5.8 sec lead!:eek:

Photomode is also super, here are a few of my first tries. More will come later and if anyone has got a request... just shoot :D

http://images1.fotopic.net/?iid=y7m464&outx=600&noresize=1&nostamp=1
http://images4.fotopic.net/?iid=y7m46d&outx=600&noresize=1&nostamp=1
http://images3.fotopic.net/?iid=y7m469&outx=600&noresize=1&nostamp=1
http://images2.fotopic.net/?iid=y7m46g&outx=600&noresize=1&nostamp=1
http://images5.fotopic.net/?iid=y7m46e&outx=600&noresize=1&nostamp=1

Steve

Benman
March 21st, 2005, 14:54
Thanx so much for that.

I'm now at day 671...! How many "days" does it take to drive the DTM-champs?

Btw, I have now bought the Audi R8 and did 478,2 km/h with it.... :MTM: :thumb:
The DTM takes 1 day each race, plus maybe the 1 day entrance, so worst case senario would put you at 12 days if you did it twice.

For the R8, did you get that speed at the test track, and what mods did you put on it? Stage 4 turbo?

Steve,

I was enjoying your pics and then you had to go and ruin it by putting in that Mercedes:D . One of the R8 or Le Mans would be nice!:0:

steve
March 21st, 2005, 15:56
Hehe I think the SL600 with the EVOII wheels is a real beauty... will see what I can do to provide you with some Le mans or Pikes Peak wheels :)

freerider
March 21st, 2005, 21:35
The black racers: http://img121.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img121&image=blackbeauties3fa.jpg

And a question. I did 2 championships where I had to do 1 race over, bc I didn't get in first. Second time I did get first, but I didn't receive a car. Is this normal?

Greetz Johan

Benman
March 21st, 2005, 23:14
Second time I did get first, but I didn't receive a car. Is this normal?

Greetz Johan
Johan,

If it was a seperate race series (like in Beginner Hall) then it doesn't matter, but when you enter a Championship Series, you must enter the Championship and compete in ALL the races to receive the prize car. If you didn't win a particular race, you can always reenter the individual race later to win it, but you will not receive a prize car, even if you individually win all 5 (or however many in the series)races. :cheers:
Ben:addict: :incar:

luv2xlr8
March 22nd, 2005, 05:03
on 24 hours races what do i do about tires if i set it on b spec mode while im sleeping? Is there a way to make my b spec drive pit on his own after a certin amout of laps? thanks.

-Cooper :incar: :race:

Benman
March 22nd, 2005, 15:21
Is there a way to make my b spec drive pit on his own after a certin amout of laps? thanks.

-Cooper :incar: :race:
First, let me ask how many experience points/skill level is your B Spec guy at? I ask because in theory, the more points/higher skill levels, the less he is likely to do something really stupid, such as miss the pits and therefor ruin the race. That aside, your B Spec guy will pit all by himself. It is important if you're going to leave him unmonitored to set him at a low level of pace, such as 2 or possibly 3 (cruise or steady). Leaving him at level 4 or 5 (fast and push) will cause him to try harder and lead to potential mistakes.

If you want to guaranty that he wins, simply make sure he has a superior vehicle to the field, set him at 1 or 2, and it's a sured thing. Don't forget to always leave the overtake button engaged.

luv2xlr8
March 22nd, 2005, 20:18
well i really dont know how many he has because I already started the race. Im using my completely modded WRX touring car. I set him at 3 last night and now im 1 lap behind. i have like 8 hours left so we will see how it goes. I may need to do it again with a better car. how do i see how many points he has? thanks.

- Cooper :incar: :race:

Benman
March 22nd, 2005, 20:31
how do i see how many points he has? thanks.

- Cooper :incar: :race:

When you go into your home, at the top right corner (next to garage) is the status screen. In there it will tell you all your info:

A Spec Mileage
B Spec Mileage
A Spec Points
B Spec Points and skill levels

As long as he has a few thousand and at least 40 or more in skill levels, than he should be fine to leave alone. Otherwise, give him a vastly superior Beast to compete with and set him at level 2 with overtake always engaged, you should be fine.

Ben:addict: :incar: (currently mine is at 7800 points with 90,79,76 skill levels and he STILL will do dumb crap if you push him too hard!)

Benman
March 23rd, 2005, 15:45
Audi Le Mans: got a 7:39.576 bone stock. Not a clean lap:blush: , so I'll try again later:0:

7:53 RS6
March 24th, 2005, 17:29
This was fun, even it was my first time to play. Im not into games, but that may change now:D

I tried at a friends house and he have the new formula one steeringwhel and real race seat to sit in while playing and the real gas and breake. Well im not into this so maybee thats the setup the most have:confused:

Any way i drove the e60 M5 and the mitshubisi EVO8. I drove some laps and it was hard. I was crap ended up in 9. 30 or somthing.

Im sure visiting him ofter now and will tru to get better times.

As it is now im faster in real life:confused:

goku0815
March 24th, 2005, 18:37
6:05:387
Audi TT-R
Racing Tyres R Medium
broke my ass off!

Benman
March 24th, 2005, 19:46
Originally posted by 8:29 RS6
This was fun, even it was my first time to play. Im not into games, but that may change now:D

I tried at a friends house and he have the new formula one steeringwhel and real race seat to sit in while playing and the real gas and breake. Well im not into this so maybee thats the setup the most have:confused:

As it is now im faster in real life:confused:
8:29,

The game is certainly addictive :D . A lot of people just use the controller but as you mentioned, the full set up makes it much more enjoyable. The game is a lot like real life, the smoother you are, the better the lap times.:incar:

goku,

Incredible time:bow: , I'll see what I can do!:0: Also, what if any mods did you have on the TT-R? Or was it bone stock?

goku0815
March 25th, 2005, 02:49
fully modded!
Racing Tyres Medium
but with the qualification tyres on it would be under 6 mins!

goku0815
March 25th, 2005, 02:54
6:50:887
Audi RS 6
fully modded
suspension created by looking at the TT-Rs specs!
had a bad crash at doettinger höhe. high speed stability is not as good as i thought!

Benman
March 25th, 2005, 15:26
Originally posted by goku0815
6:50:887
Audi RS 6
fully modded
suspension created by looking at the TT-Rs specs!
had a bad crash at doettinger höhe. high speed stability is not as good as i thought!
Man goku, you got the skills! The best I managed was a 6:58.314 with the RS 6 on MAX mods. What was your suspension set up? Same as the stock TT-R set up?

I was hoping that your TT-R was modded. Cause last night with a stock TT-R I couldn't even get CLOSE to your time of 6:06.xxx. Now I don't feel so bad:D .

I'll try this weekend to work a little on your RS 6 time to see if I can get closer.

By the way, any times with a R8? Curious what your posting with that car.

goku0815
March 26th, 2005, 01:52
the audi r8 is a hell of a car. power over all and the grip is ok.
i´ll try it on saturday before going to the clubs but on saturday first of all i´ll refresh my knowledge of the real nürburgring, i hope the weather is good enough to take a ride!

RS6 ^ TT-R Suspension
The Problem is, that you cannot adjust the same suspension level as the TT-R has on the RS6.
But if you ... i do not know the right vocabulary... but in the suspension page the first one can be - both front and rear - pulled to max and the second line can be - both too - smashed down.
and the rest can be taken the same as the TT-R has!
try it and you´ll see that the handling is much better.
i´ll post my time with the r8 on saturday afternoon or evening.
by the way
S4
fully modded
SLOW PHOTO-SHOT Round with one spinn (TRUE)
7:34:697
(i´ll post a photo of my cockpit tomorrow, too!)

goku0815
March 26th, 2005, 21:17
so back from adenau and back into the seat.
Audi R8
5:37:437
2 Spin Offs
1 at Fuchsröhre
1 at Döttinger Höhe

As extension i put a picture of my cockpit at home!

steve
March 26th, 2005, 21:36
Nice setup!

Me and fellow boardmember Matteus did some setup-testing with my fully modded RS6 last night, and got a 6.32.998 as best lap so far. :addict: ...

greetz

Benman
March 28th, 2005, 16:33
Wow, some incredible times to say the least. Here's what I've compiled so far.

Best Board Times:

M3 (Stock): 8:23
STI (Mod): 7:02
STI Touring: 6:55.573
Skyline GTR (Mod): 6:44.12
Sauber C9: 5:57

Audi:

RS 6 (Mod): 6:32.998:bow:
R8 (Stock?): 5:37.437
TT-R (Mod): 6:05.387
Le Mans (Stock): 7:39.576

Good times! (And I'm not even going to bother with gunning for the RS 6 time. That will stand for QUITE some time!)

RS4Ever
March 28th, 2005, 22:38
forget about all those times and stuff and GT4....

this is the REAL DEAL (not really a deal- quite pricey)!!!

you have to see the clips.

http://www.force-dynamics.com/video.shtml

really really cool.

:alig:

Benman
March 28th, 2005, 23:01
Originally posted by RS4Ever
forget about all those times and stuff and GT4....

this is the REAL DEAL (not really a deal- quite pricey)!!!
http://www.force-dynamics.com/video.shtml
really really cool.

:alig:
Yes, but can I plan my GT4 on it? THAT'S the question!;) :0:

Ben:addict: (And yes, if I was in the position to afford that kind of machine then I would certainly buy one. It's cheaper than buying a car just to "race" and then add up all the traveling cost combined with the wear and tear on your vehicle, and you practically have yourself a bargin!:deal: )

Erik
April 1st, 2005, 07:59
I played GT4 for the first time yesterday on a very nice, but cost effective, system.

42" flat screen, PS2, GT4, Solberg seat, Force Feedback Wheel and pedals.

Check this thread out:
http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24112

I think my best lap was about 8.10 in a M3 GTR after 3-4 laps in different cars. Iäm quite happy. :love:

Benman
April 1st, 2005, 17:26
Originally posted by Erik
I played GT4 for the first time yesterday on a very nice, but cost effective, system.

42" flat screen, PS2, GT4, Solberg seat, Force Feedback Wheel and pedals.

I think my best lap was about 8.10 in a M3 GTR after 3-4 laps in different cars. Iäm quite happy. :love:
Ahh... we see the webmaster has finally graced this thread with his presence:bow: :D

Glad to hear you liked it Erik. With the full set up, this is as much driving fun as you can have in the safety (well http://www.force-dynamics.com/301.shtml is better but more costly!) and comfort of your own home.

How'd you like the handling of the GTR? The GTR Race car is superb, of course, NOT as sweet as the A4 Touring!:hahahehe:

Erik
April 1st, 2005, 17:46
How'd you like the handling of the GTR? The GTR Race car is superb

A bit better than the M3 CSL set to drifting... :D

April 3rd, 2005, 17:13
Well its like in reall life this game, a real race car does comunicate a lot moore than the avrege car. The M3 GTR was a lot moore exaxt on steering and breake than say the beeloved RS6.

It was real fun to drive.

Since im not the playing guy im impresed that its like this in the game.

My time in M3 GTR was 7:59. You guys better whatch out when i get time to play moore :thumb:

AudiTumbo
April 4th, 2005, 10:12
I have a question:

How and when, or is it possible to buy the Lotus Carlton?

Benman
April 4th, 2005, 15:41

My time in M3 GTR was 7:59. You guys better whatch out when i get time to play moore :thumb:
Bring it on!

AudiTumbo,

In the used car lot. The problem is the thing cycles every week (game time) so you just have to keep checking it from time to time.

Didn't get a chance to try any records this weekend as I was working on completing the game (@60%) maybe this coming weekend when I go for the 24 hours of Nurburgring!:bigeyes:

AudiTumbo
April 4th, 2005, 16:41
I have now also a 60% done.

I've just come back from a 2 week trainingcamp, and we played a lot there. We did the 24h Nurburgring and won easily

Btw, the Audi S4 '98 i SICK! That thing is th 4th fastest so far in the game on 0-400m and I hav MANY cars.

:thumb:

Benman
April 4th, 2005, 16:47
I have now also a 60% done.

I've just come back from a 2 week trainingcamp, and we played a lot there. We did the 24h Nurburgring and won easily

Btw, the Audi S4 '98 i SICK! That thing is th 4th fastest so far in the game on 0-400m and I hav MANY cars.

:thumb:
I take it you have full mods on the S4?

How much of the 24HR did you B Spec? I'm planning on rotating just like the real 24HR.

AudiTumbo
April 4th, 2005, 16:58
Well, we went to bed like 01.00 and woke up at 08.30, so at least 7-8 hours. The B-spec drove much better then us anyway. But that Audi R8 was acting very strange. For example it was "Bouncing" a lot. And if you only touched the steering to the left or to the right over 250 km/h, the car went off the road... very strange....

Benman
April 4th, 2005, 17:02
But that Audi R8 was acting very strange. For example it was "Bouncing" a lot. And if you only touched the steering to the left or to the right over 250 km/h, the car went off the road... very strange....
I have a Nurburgring set up for the R8 I got off of ps2.ign.com that works well for softening up the car to reduce the "bouncing" effect you mention. I'll try to remember to bring it in tomorrow.

AudiTumbo
April 4th, 2005, 17:03
That would be thankful.

Btw, what cars do you all have in the 0-400m Top10?

The sickest things is that the Lancia Delta S4 Integrale is faster then the 1078hp/900kg Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak Version.
The Audi Le Mans is at 3rd place and the Audi R8 is at 4th and the S4'98 is at 5th.

3 Audis in the top 5. :D

Benman
April 4th, 2005, 17:10
That would be thankful.

Btw, what cars do you all have in the 0-400m Top10?

The sickest things is that the Lancia Delta S4 Integrale is faster then the 1078hp/900kg Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak Version.

None so far:blush: too busy racing:D

That IS weird about the Lancia being quicker off the line than the Escudo!:vhmmm:

Benman
April 4th, 2005, 20:30
LOL, couldn't help but sharing this one!:harass: :hihi: :hihi: :0:
http://boards.ign.com/Gran_Turismo/b5208/83777649/?29

Benman
April 5th, 2005, 14:46
AudiTumbo,

The R8 Nurburgring set up I have:

Brakes: 9/9
Springs: 10.8/10.8
Ride Height: 80/80
Shock B: 5/6
Shock RB: 6/7
Camber: 2/1
Toe: 0/0
Stabilizer: 5/4

Hope that helps:thumb:

AudiTumbo
April 7th, 2005, 23:09
hey, I found this pic, and I wonder where is that from? I mean, can you race against somebody else on a drag race 0-400, 0-100 m?? Where???

http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2004/screen0/561066_20040924_screen402.jpg

Benman
April 8th, 2005, 16:00
hey, I found this pic, and I wonder where is that from? I mean, can you race against somebody else on a drag race 0-400, 0-100 m?? Where???

I coudn't find it last night. It wasn't in arcade mode OR GT World?:vhmmm: Where'd you get the pic?

freerider
April 8th, 2005, 17:50
It's in GT mode. In the upper right corner you can see 'speed and power'. There you can test top speed and acceleration. The second one (las vegas drag strip) is where this shot is taken. The fact that there are 2 cars, is most probably bc that shot was taken in multiplayer mode.

Greetz Johan

AudiTumbo
April 8th, 2005, 18:48
...The fact that there are 2 cars, is most probably bc that shot was taken in multiplayer mode.

Greetz Johan

Yeah, but where in the multiplayer?? Can you race 0-400m against an other car??

Benman
April 8th, 2005, 19:25
It's in GT mode. In the upper right corner you can see 'speed and power'. There you can test top speed and acceleration. The second one (las vegas drag strip) is where this shot is taken. The fact that there are 2 cars, is most probably bc that shot was taken in multiplayer mode.

Greetz Johan
Johan,

I know where the Speed and Power is but you can only have a "solo" race as you can only play one person in GT mode. Also, Speed and Power is not available in Mutiplayer mode, or at least I couldn't find it. Is it possible the second car is a PhotoShop?

freerider
April 9th, 2005, 00:30
Is it possible the second car is a PhotoShop?

I thought about that too. That's why I wrote that I thought it would be in mp (didn't play that so far). I'll do some googling trying to find out.

Greetz Johan

freerider
April 10th, 2005, 12:59
I've done some searching and a lot of people are confused about this. But it's NOT possible. Sorry guys :cry: .

Greetz Johan

AudiTumbo
April 10th, 2005, 14:37
I've done some searching and a lot of people are confused about this. But it's NOT possible. Sorry guys :cry: .

Greetz Johan

Yeah, me to-.... I've searched all over for it...

But it's not possible to drive 2-player in Los Angeles.... :vhmmm:

Benman
April 18th, 2005, 18:01
Thought I'd share some entries for the 2005 24 hours ofLe Mans!

Benman
April 18th, 2005, 22:28
And another!

Way cool that this game gets the recognition!
(sorry for the poor quality but I can't post anything bigger than 200K bytes)

AudiTumbo
April 18th, 2005, 23:09
That last one is hot!

Great for Audi and great for the game.

The R8 is still the fastest car on the whole game (479, 8 km/h).

I just passed day 1394 and I bought all of the "black-cars".

I've got 68 % finished now.

rusty1404
April 23rd, 2005, 15:46
Question. How many of you have gold the gold international A licence medal around the ring in the Merc (E190 evo II, i think). I crashed about 40 times then, the first time i got it right: 8:59:498. (using analogue, broke the logitec wheel in GT4 prologue)

(I went very fast round the first half, consistently put in times quicker than the demo, second half needs work)

wes

AudiTumbo
April 23rd, 2005, 19:08
Originally posted by rusty1404
Question. How many of you have gold the gold international A licence medal around the ring in the Merc (E190 evo II, i think). I crashed about 40 times then, the first time i got it right: 8:59:498. (using analogue, broke the logitec wheel in GT4 prologue)

(I went very fast round the first half, consistently put in times quicker than the demo, second half needs work)

wes

I got all the licenses long time ago, and I only neede one try I remember on the one you mentioned, and got around 8.45-8.50...don't remember quite well.. But damn it was swetty.

Benman
April 25th, 2005, 15:14
Originally posted by rusty1404
Question. How many of you have gold the gold international A licence medal around the ring in the Merc (E190 evo II, i think).

wes
Don't think I have gold on that one. When I was getting my licenses I was only concerned at the time with getting the license (bronze, silver, gold, as long as I passed:D ).

Once I beat the game, I'll go back a try for all golds across the board.

One thing I'd like to see if someone did is get all golds on the "coffee breaks". Those so called "breaks" are harder than the tests to get gold in!

Ben:addict: (84%)

Benman
April 28th, 2005, 20:00
Fellow GT4 guys, curious as to what cars you tried using for the Rally and special conditions Events. For all snow races I used the RS 6 and to my surprise I was able to beat all of them, including the Hard. Quattro works well I guess.:p

freerider
April 28th, 2005, 20:07
Fellow GT4 guys, curious as to what cars you tried using for the Rally and special conditions Events. For all snow races I used the RS 6 and to my surprise I was able to beat all of them, including the Hard. Quattro works well I guess.:p

For ALL special conditions I use my fully tuned rs6 too. But I put the power for 70% to the back for better drifting and less understeer on the track.

Greetz Johan

sticko
May 6th, 2005, 08:31
I JUST DID A 5.29,8 LAP AROUND THE NORDSCHLEIFE WITH THE FABOULUS R8. Although with maximum power (around 1100 hp) and with qualification tires. Traction control level 3 and the other two ( anti oversteer and understeer) in level 0.

Topspeed at Döttinger Höhe 404 km/h. One of the more thrilling points of the track however, is going flatout at Schwedenkreuz, just before Aremberg where I reached 390 km/h. It´s actually possible to take that left bend at full throttle, though it´quite tricky to manage braking before Aremberg curve without taking a spin of the track. Pflanzgarten is also wonderful and technically demanding in the R8 at full speed.

By the way, I also managed 7.58,3 whith the Dodge ram truck, completely stock exept from tuning the engine to 692 hp.

ciao!

William :thumb:

Benman
May 6th, 2005, 15:24
Sticko,

I agree that the R8 is awesome. I've only tried the R8 completely stock (No mods, stock tires, no NOS) but it still can get a sub 6 minute ring time.

A sub 8 minute Ram time?!? That's good, I'll have to try that time.

GustavDK
May 10th, 2005, 21:15
Hmm

Unlocked Extreme Events now :revs:

Have been making tons of money, bought the R8... Really nice car, takes em all out...

But I wonder.. Have any of you guys won the Formula GT series yet? And if so, what car did you use? I tried with my R8 (medium race tires front, hard race tires back, fully tuned), but the F1 cars were just a bit too fast, even for my 7300 point B-Spec driver at "Increase Pace"...

Benman
May 11th, 2005, 00:31
Originally posted by GustavDK

But I wonder.. Have any of you guys won the Formula GT series yet? And if so, what car did you use?
Gustav,

Use a F1. R8 is dope and all, and will even keep up in the straights, but you'd have to be da man to win the F1 challenge with it (then again, I suppose it's possible to win on pit stops).

Get the F1 by winning the 24 hours of Nurburgring.

As for the F1 champ, I'm saving the best for LAST. At 96% right now with only a couple of enduros, mission 34 and the F1 Championship to complete the game.

BTW, anyone beat mission 34 yet? It is freaking INSANELY difficult!!!:bigeyes:

GustavDK
May 11th, 2005, 05:22
Get the F1 by winning the 24 hours of Nurburgring.

I thought you could only win the F1 by getting 100% :rolleyes:

Well cool enough, gonna do the 24h Nürburgring today then :cool2:

*EDIT*: Thx a lot :0:

Benman
May 11th, 2005, 15:14
Originally posted by GustavDK
I thought you could only win the F1 by getting 100%
By getting 100% you win the BLACK F1 (no performance difference). You win the color versions by beating the 24 hours of the Ring. By the time you read this post, your B Spec dude will have won it for you.:thumb:

GustavDK
May 11th, 2005, 15:46
Nah, as I'm ill today I decided not to make my playstation unplayable for 8h :hihi:

I didn't want to race the same track again again and again myself either, so I did a couple of other endurance races instead... Its unbelieveable about slow my B-spec mate is at improving now. I did Laguna 200 miles, Tokyo 300 km, Fujii 1000 km and Grand valley 300 km races... Of course I did some driving myself too, but the B-spec guy did more than 5 times as much as i did. He only increased with 112 b-spec points :cry:

freerider
May 14th, 2005, 17:54
I finally got the steering wheel (driving force pro from logitech)!!!!!!!!!! It takes a while to get used to, but it feels so real. And damn, that force feedback is strong. I tried it for half an hour and my arms are just so tired.
People, if you don't own this steering wheel (while owning gt4), you're getting just half out of the game. This thing rules.

Greetz Johan

Benman
May 16th, 2005, 15:38
I finally got the steering wheel (driving force pro from logitech)!!!!!!!!!!

Greetz Johan
Johan,

Glad you were able to get the wheel. I know it's pricey, but I tell everyone to get it. As you say, you're only getting HALF out of the game by using a analog controller. The wheel really brings out the realism and makes it into a "driving simulator".

Talk about the kick back. Take any of the prototypes down the long Mulsanne straight (Le Sarth II). At about 225-240 the steering starts to shake REAL bad, with a TON of kick back. The 24 hours in A Spec will give your arms one heck of a work out!:incar:

Ben:addict: (anyone have luck with Mission 34 yet?)

bilbozilla
May 17th, 2005, 04:08
How about the 'ring in Forza? anyone do this yet with the RS6? There've got to be some X-box owners on this board.

Benman
May 17th, 2005, 15:28
Originally posted by bilbozilla
How about the 'ring in Forza? anyone do this yet with the RS6? There've got to be some X-box owners on this board.
I'm also curious about this one. I own a X Box but I will NOT play the game with an analog controller after having used a Force Feedback wheel for years (Original DF and now the 900DFP). And to rub salt in the wound, my $150.00 DFP is NOT compatible with the X Box console so I won't be getting the game (Not going to spend ANOTHER $200.00 for wheel and game when I got a perfectly good one at home!).

My coworker picked up the game a week or so back. As soon as he gets some more cars I'll let you know.

luv2xlr8
May 17th, 2005, 16:42
so what do we have as the fastest time on the ring so far (in a non race car)? Im still using a controler so we will see if i can keep up.

Benman
May 18th, 2005, 18:23
so what do we have as the fastest time on the ring so far (in a non race car)? Im still using a controler so we will see if i can keep up.

OK, so I seriously doubt these will be fastest times as I only had time to do two laps in each car but here goes:

All cars COMPLETELY STOCK. No tires, NOS or mods of any kind (what's the point in posting non racecar times if you're just going to "race them up".

(1) Zonda S 7.3: 7:10.467

(2) Saleen S7: 7:13.287

(3) Audi Le Mans: 7:21.021

(4) BMW M3 GTR: 7:49.811

Non of these times are very good as all had major errors along the way. Especially so with the Le Mans (for the LIFE of me, I couldn't keep it together down the front straight and would go barreling off into the grass.

As for fun factor, this is how I'd rate them:

(1) Saleen S7

(2) BMW M3 GTR (I know, blasphemy!)

(3) Zonda S 7.3

(4) Le Mans (Yet FURTHER blasphemy, sorry).

I found the Saleen really easy to get good times with, despite it being down on power and up on weight compared to the Zonda. The M3 GTR was the slowest of course, but was second funnest. It was very satisfying to drive around the Ring. The Zonda was very quick but was a handful at times. There were more than a few sections which proved tricky in that car. And finally the Le Mans. Please guys, don't throw the tomatoes at me just yet. I can't explain why the car gave me such a hard time. I mean, where the HECK was QUATTRO!?! This car did NOT handle like I thought it would. After haven't driven that and jumping into the Saleen, I was like "now THIS is how the Le Mans should DRIVE!!!" The Le Mans was EXTREMELY twichy over crests and off camber turns (gee, the Nordschleife doesn't have ANY of those!) whereas the S7's suspension would soak them up, and you find yourself constantly on edge trying to put together a decent lap (which I coudn't).

I'm up to suggestions on what car (non race and NON MODDED) all of you would like to see us use around the Ring. We can post times. After a week or so, we can pick another one. Up to you guys.

Benman
May 19th, 2005, 15:53
A couple more:

Ford GT: 7:12.996

NSX-R LM Road Car:7:13.755

RUF Yellow Bird: 7:4?.xxx (hard to control)

So I'd now say for fun factor:

(1) NSX-R LM (A peach!)

(2) Saleen S7

(3) Ford GT (pretty sweet)

(4) BMW M3 GTR

(5) Zonda S 7.3

(6) Le Mans (Not last anymore).

(7) RUF Yellow Bird (takes a MAN to tame, which i guess I can't claim :blush: ).

Ben:addict: :race: :incar: (also, did you guys see the preview for PS3? The specs and demo look incredible. The upcoming X Box 360 and PS3 will be huge sellers!)

Graeme
May 23rd, 2005, 19:09
Help Help Help
I know, I know, this is an RS6 forum, but my GT4 has gone down hill and I hope someone on this forum may know what's happened.
I've completed 33% of the game and decided for fun to take the Original merc carriage car ( the one BHP one that looks like a horse drawn cart ) for a spin for a laugh. when I entered the circuit, it wouldnt allow me to drive it in A spec, and always started in Bspec despit me retrying 3 or 4 times. Then when I decided to return to my garage and get one of my decent cars they'd all gone. I had around 3.5m in the bank, so although a little pissed, I decided to buy another car and carry on anyway. When I bought the car It didnt allow me to get in it at point of purchase, and although It removed the credits from my bank, the car didnt show up in the garage. I've checked the game history sheet and it credits the purchase and all my race results etc to date are shown also. But I now cannot buy another car without the fear of it just removing the value and not showing the car. I bought a replacement Memory card to see if that was the problem and it has made no difference.
Has anyone else experienced this issue, or is my game Kupunct. Also, I;ve tried on a freinds PS with their disc also, using both my memory cards and no change.
I know it's no monster achievement to make 33%, but as I'm sur you can all appreciate, it's taken a long time to just get there.
If anyone knows of anything I can do, I'd be eternally gratefull...

freerider
May 23rd, 2005, 20:04
Help Help Help

This is quite a common problem (especially with gt3).

I can give you some links that may help you.
1) http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=63756&highlight=corrupted+savegame
(somewhere in the middle)

2)http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=58804&highlight=erased
(also, somewhere in the middle, but all can be interesting for you.

If you need more, you can join that forum, or ask me (you need to be logged on to do a search).

Greetz Johan

Benman
May 23rd, 2005, 20:08
Help Help Help

I know it's no monster achievement to make 33%, but as I'm sur you can all appreciate, it's taken a long time to just get there.
If anyone knows of anything I can do, I'd be eternally gratefull...
Man, that plain sucks. I've heard of something very similar (total memory failure) but have not experienced it myself. The instance I've seen was when a game was NOT properly saved when shut off (either power failure, black out, etc...) and the game needs to be restarted. Then when it is restarted, problems start popping up (won't let you save, trophy credits taken away from a race, but the car buying you speak of is a new one).

Unfortunately, in those cases, the problems started to get worse until the people got so pissed they had to start over (which would suck if you're 33% into the game). If you have already got a new memory card, I would suggest you start a new game on that card (at least for now) and see if any issues come up. If you experience none by the time you make it to @ 4-5% then you'll know you're good to go (at least it wasn't the game) and that it was indeed the corrupted saved game. I know you don't want to lose the 33% but it's better to start trying a new game now than when you're at 40 or 50%.

Try the new game idea to at least check to make sure its not the GT4 disk itself (it won't take long to get 4 or 5%).

Ben:addict: Nevermind, Freerider is on top of it:D )

June 2nd, 2005, 14:03
Guys how do you find time to play so much, whats the secret:p

Benman
June 2nd, 2005, 15:40
Well for one, you must have a GREAT wife!!!:thumb: (hence the Wife of 2004 award.:D )

Only Mission 34 (a total NIGHTMARE:MTM: ), 24 Hours of Nurburgring and the F1 Championship to go!:applause:

freerider
June 2nd, 2005, 19:50
I'm a student, so I have plenty of time :D
This is my way of blowing of steam. Althoug I play in fases. Sometimes I don't play at all for a couple of weeks, and then I hooked to my PS2. Now I have examinations, so I don't play THAT much. But I play about every day during the exams, but only for about 1 hour a day. Every 2 or 3 hours I take a break and play for about 15 min. Then I walk a bit (I'm studying IT, so I sit a lot) and back to work.

@Benman: maybe a bit too late for you, but here's (http://www.supercheats.com/playstation2/walkthroughs/granturismo4-walkthrough20.txt) a link with some usefull tips.

Greetz Johan

Benman
June 2nd, 2005, 20:42
@Benman: maybe a bit too late for you, but here's (http://www.supercheats.com/playstation2/walkthroughs/granturismo4-walkthrough20.txt) a link with some usefull tips.

Greetz Johan
Thanks for the link Johan, but I'm REALLY trying to do it solo. Please don't tempt me!:D . It may come to needing to use an Action Replay code, but I'm hoping it won't.:hahahehe:

freerider
June 2nd, 2005, 21:26
Thanks for the link Johan, but I'm REALLY trying to do it solo. Please don't tempt me!:D . It may come to needing to use an Action Replay code, but I'm hoping it won't.:hahahehe:

These aren't cheats at all. For example, it has tips about the driving missions saying what you should pay attention to, when to pass the first, second,... car.

But still, I admire the way you play. HARDCORE GT4!!!

Greetz Johan (I'm up to 33,3% now)

Benman
June 2nd, 2005, 21:47
These aren't cheats at all. For example, it has tips about the driving missions
Greetz Johan (I'm up to 33,3% now)
Yes, I noticed the tips, and have seen them before. They help a little but after MANY attemps, the BEST I can get is -9 seconds from the lead car. I've also read how some guys have wasted entire weekends on this Mission! That will not be me. I'll give it another 25 tries and then I'm DONE! I can't spend that much time on one aspect of the game. BTW, how close can you come to the lead car. I've heard of stories where a guy gets within ONE second, only to have to endure that HORRIBLE 2 minute wait all over again!:w:

freerider
June 2nd, 2005, 23:56
Yes, I noticed the tips, and have seen them before. They help a little but after MANY attemps, the BEST I can get is -9 seconds from the lead car. I've also read how some guys have wasted entire weekends on this Mission! That will not be me. I'll give it another 25 tries and then I'm DONE! I can't spend that much time on one aspect of the game. BTW, how close can you come to the lead car. I've heard of stories where a guy gets within ONE second, only to have to endure that HORRIBLE 2 minute wait all over again!:w:

Actually, I'm already cursing with the eayier ones(the wait is idd horrible). Now I'm at the Mazda one IIRC. I just get to p*issed of whe doing those driving missions. But I'v tried the last one, just for fun, and I got within 13 seconds I believe(I have to admit, I spend most of my time at the Ring in GT mode, but in Free Run). I know the track almost inside out (I'm planning on going there, and this is the closest I get to learning the circuit). Those bumps in the road are just horrible.
And sorry guys, but the RS6 sucks big time, until you get used to it. But still not as great handling as the Bimmers (especially M3 (CSL/GTR)). Also putting a lot of power in the RS6 makes it all just worse.
You should try the Caterham (or Super7). I just drive it for the sound. Nice to hear the engine rev to 12,000 RPM.

Anyway, you say you're only giving it another 25 tries, but do you really believe that? :hihi:

Greetz Johan

PS: I just tried what would happen if you would run out of fuel. If you do, you're only able to drive with a speed of 80 KM/H or +- 55Miles/h. Really sucks since it was just after the finisch on the Ring. :trash:

Benman
June 3rd, 2005, 00:11
Actually, I'm already cursing with the eayier ones(the wait is idd horrible). But I'v tried the last one, just for fun, and I got within 13 seconds

(I'm planning on going there, and this is the closest I get to learning the circuit). Those bumps in the road are just horrible.

And sorry guys, but the RS6 sucks big time, until you get used to it. But still not as great handling as the Bimmers (especially M3 (CSL/GTR)).

Anyway, you say you're only giving it another 25 tries, but do you really believe that? :hihi:

Greetz Johan

The first 33 are EASY in comparison to 34. #11,12,14,and 18 are the hardest NON 34 Missions. Tell me how many tries it takes you to get it within 6 seconds. Then how many more tries to get it down to -2 or 3 seconds. That's my point, the wait is :vgrumpy: :vgrumpy: :vgrumpy: and its INSANELY difficult.

The game IS good practice for learning the course compared to the real deal. I'll be there again at the end of June so I'll have the game fresh in mind. Even EVO did a feature on how realistic GT4s version of the Ring was. THe BIGGEST difference is that there is NO reset button in real life, so when you do make the trip use caution;) .

The RS 6 is NO CSL/ GTR, never will be, but fun all the same (you need the DFP).

25 more tries and NO more!!!:hahahehe:
And running out of fuel SUCKS (major annoying).

Ben:addict: :incar: :race: (P.S. doing a back to back comparo between Forza and GT4 tonight with the RS 6 on the Ring!:addict: )

freerider
June 3rd, 2005, 15:25
The first 33 are EASY in comparison to 34. #11,12,14,and 18 are the hardest NON 34 Missions. Tell me how many tries it takes you to get it within 6 seconds. Then how many more tries to get it down to -2 or 3 seconds. That's my point, the wait is :vgrumpy: :vgrumpy: :vgrumpy: and its INSANELY difficult.

The game IS good practice for learning the course compared to the real deal. I'll be there again at the end of June so I'll have the game fresh in mind. Even EVO did a feature on how realistic GT4s version of the Ring was. THe BIGGEST difference is that there is NO reset button in real life, so when you do make the trip use caution;) .

The RS 6 is NO CSL/ GTR, never will be, but fun all the same (you need the DFP).

25 more tries and NO more!!!:hahahehe:
And running out of fuel SUCKS (major annoying).

Ben:addict: :incar: :race: (P.S. doing a back to back comparo between Forza and GT4 tonight with the RS 6 on the Ring!:addict: )

Offcourse I'm going to be cautious when driving there for real. I don't want to wreck the car or me. Maybe we could meet up there (I live about 100 miles from there).
And let us know about the comparo, bc I'm very eager to know about it. I bought the PS2 just for GT4 (only game I have) and now I doubting to buy a second hand xbox for forza. But I'm even more curious about GT5 (PS3).
I'll try the last mission this afternoon a couple of times and tell you the outcome ;)

PS: I have the DFP ;) and love it. The game now sucks without it. Although it's a littble bit harder to drive on the limit, especially on high speeds, due to the vibrations.

Greetz Johan

Benman
June 3rd, 2005, 15:35
Originally posted by bilbozilla

Ok, went to my friends house that has Forza and the wheel. We drove the RS 6 on a couple of tracks first before going to the Ring (to get a feel for the car on that game).

Did several laps with the RS 6 on the Nordschleife on Forza and then did several on GT4.

Graphics:
GT4: 10, Forza: 9

Scenery:

A.I. :
GT4: 5, Forza: 8

Steering feedback:
GT4: 10, Forza: 4

Car Dynamics:

Car selection:
GT4: 10, Forza: 7

Online:
GT4: 0, Forza: 6

Damage:
GT4: 0, Forza: 6

Overall realism:
GT4: 9, Forza: 8

Sound:

Gt4: 9, Forza: 8

GT4: 73, Forza: 74

My Pic: GT4

The numbers add up in Forzas favor but that is only because of Online and Damage ratings. Take those away for people that don't care and GT4 is the better game. If steering feel and and awesome car collection is what you want then GT4 is unbeatable. If you're going to only use a controller (Forza's wheel does NOT stack up) and need online than Forza is for you.

As for the RS 6. In Forza, it does not sound as accurate as it does in GT4 (I KNOW cause I got one in real life). It sounds more cartoony with too much turbo spool. Yes there is some in real life, but NOT anywhere this much, it sounds more like you're driving a V8 Evo or Subie:doh: GT4 has a better recreation of how it sounds.

The damage feature is better than none at all, but still flawed and not realistic (it would take much less in the real world to grind your car to a hault than it does in Forza, its like they're tanklike:D ), again, it is better than none at all.

For those who need online (cause your friend in another State or country keeps saying he's a better driver than you), Forza's is pretty decent as it keeps track of your best online laps and rankings. It's also a great way to end all the BS of who the better virtual driver is by going toe to toe on the track.

The steering wheel sucked in comparison, wait, there WAS no comparison. The DFP is leaps and bounds ahead. That said, if you only use controllers, then Forza is just as good as GT4.

The only reason I gave Forza a 7 in Car Selection is cause of Ferrari and Porsche. Without those, I would have given it a 5 (half the cars of GT4).

The A.I. in Forza is much better than GT4, but still needs work. They would also sometimes run into you as if you weren't there but less so than GT4 (which is annoying when YOU get damage!!!).

Overall realism I think Forza is much better than Project Gothem but still a touch "arcadey" in comparison to GT4. GT4 is not a "10" either but a better recreation IMHO. Also didn't care for the Ring in Forza. Now both times I've only been to the Ring in the month of June (right after spring) so maybe that has something to do with it. But when I play it on GT4, it DOES remind me of the real thing. Forza must of filmed it in November or something cause "all the leaves are brown, and the sky is grey...". It doesn't even look like I remember the Ring. There are also a lot less trees in Forza (I don't know, maybe they've chopped a bunch down since I was there:D ). And the CURBING! Oh my goodness. It's like 2 feet tall! And the Carousel! What ever instruments they used to measure it, I want to use it. That way my manhood would rate like 18 inches:hihi: . When you enter the Carousel, your car feels about 2 feet high, you can't even see over the thing! It's amazing how HUGE it is on that game. Both things took down the realism cause the curbing and Carousel are NOT that size in real life (also why I thought it a touch cartoony.

Hope that is a somewhat fair review of the two games back to back with same cars and same tracks. I'll be sticking to GT4 but I could see the appeal of Online combined with Ferrari and Porsche making some switch over!:cheers:

Benman
June 3rd, 2005, 17:20
Maybe we could meet up there (I live about 100 miles from there).

Greetz Johan
Johan,

I sent you a PM:thumb:

freerider
June 4th, 2005, 00:44
Johan,

I sent you a PM:thumb:

Read it :0: I'll check my schedule, cuz I have exams till the 25th, but other then that won't be a problem (I'll pm you about this).
And man, I am so P*SST. I bought the merc and ran it a couple of times round the ring. Around 7 minutes without any problems(all driving aids set to 0 offcourse). I tried the mission again, with full confidence. I was stressed the whole time and I was going to make it. Now I did, until the LAST turn (S-turn in 2nd gear after the long straight). There was the first car, driving alot slower than me. BAM, ran into him, got off the track got 5 seconds penalty. Can you believe this? :trash:
Now I'm punishing GT4 by not playing it for while anymore (see how long I'll handle this :D )
I was already ready to make a screenshot and all to make you jealous :p (it's hooked up to my computer, so I can play on my screen)

And nice write-up btw. I tested Forza a couple of weeks ago very briefly in a store. I thought it was very nice, but it's missing something. Can't exactly put my finger on it. And I rather have no damage then the damage in Forza (going straight into a wall at 200MPH and you're still able to drive). At you CAN play GT4 online. It's a bit tricky, but there are some programs out there. Maybe we should try that one (but the time-difference would make it difficult). If you want, I can post more info about this.

Greetz Johan

freerider
June 5th, 2005, 16:26
Ok, I couldn't resist trying again (and again and again,...About 7 times). Made the same mistake a couple of times more. And a couple of times I lost with under half a second (got replay saves to "prove" this). But then I said to myself, just one more try and that's it (this time I was serious about this) AND I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:wo: :wo: :wo:
(0.4..seconds difference). What did I win?(IRL) :D

Here's proof:

Mission Hall:
http://img115.echo.cx/img115/3213/gt4mainmissions6ca.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

Right before finish (very nervwrecking):
http://img115.echo.cx/img115/6522/gt4rightbeforefinish4wu.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

Finish:
http://img115.echo.cx/img115/9021/gt4finish7ij.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

Greetz Johan

Benman
June 6th, 2005, 15:06
Ok, I couldn't resist trying again

Greetz Johan
:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

"We're not worry... we're not worry..."

Dang, nice work Johan. After seeing that, I've rethought my decision. If I can't beat it the right way, than I don't deserve the Black F1 or 100% completion. I'm just going to have to do it!

On a side note, the last three weekends in a row have been 24 hour FESTS! 2 weeks ago I did the 24 hours Le Mans (Old), last week was the Le Mans (New), and this past weekend I completed the 24 hours Nurburgring. I did them all real time with me a GuideaHoe (B Spec Bob) doing the rotations. For the Le Mans (Old and New) I played 13 hours each and GuideaHoe the rest, but for the Ring it was also done in realtime (6pm-6pm) but ALL A Spec!:applause: Went to my uncle's place and we did the whole thing real time just the two of us!:incar: We even made the race challenging (61 A Spec points) and drove our hearts out to see if we could put the 2nd place guy a lap down:thumb: . We would of tried for over 100 A Spec points but decided against it cause it would suck rotten eggs to lose a 24 hour A Spec race.:cry: .

Now I've got my F1 (looks like the Jordan Team) and am doing the F1 Championship.

Thanks again for giving me hope with Mission 34!:applause:

freerider
June 6th, 2005, 16:15
Thanks again for giving me hope with Mission 34!:applause:

And you bow to me? You did the endurances (24H) in A-spec only?! That would never come to my mind. Respect man. :alig: (you really must have one hell of a wife)
As said before. Just buy the SLR, do a couple of runs on the Ring (completely stock, and no driving aids). This way, you don't have to wait every time. You'll make it in 3 tries. But whatever you do, DON'T get nervous when you see the last car. You will crash into him (like I did a couple of times).
I wish you the best of luck with that last mission. If you really can't make it (seriously doubt that), I'll come over and do it for you :hihi:

Greetz Johan

Benman
June 6th, 2005, 16:48
(you really must have one hell of a wife)

If you really can't make it (seriously doubt that), I'll come over and do it for you :hihi:

Greetz Johan
She's the greatest (Wife of the Year 2004:D ).

I'll try Mission 34 as soon as I'm done with the F1 Championship (about a week or so cause there are 15 races 1-2 hours each!).

And if you're ever in So Cal and I've STILL not passed 34, I'll take you up on it;) :thumb:

Benman
June 7th, 2005, 15:50
Sony has pulled out the stops! They want the title for 24 Hours of Le Mans! Here's link: http://www.motorsport.com/photos/select.asp?Y=2005&S=LEMANS&E=PlayStation_presentation,/Presentation#

They're trying to cover their bets by having BOTH an Audi AND a Pesky!!

Problem is Champion wants it bad as well and have enlisted Tom Kristensen (Mr. Goodluck himself) as part of their driver line up! Who will win?:thumb:

Benman
June 7th, 2005, 15:58
Team Pic

freerider
June 8th, 2005, 17:26
Just finished completing all of the missions. They were easy after completing the last one. :hihi:
Still over 60% to go (34% till now). But need some money first.

Greetz Johan

Benman
June 9th, 2005, 18:05
Just finished completing all of the missions. They were easy after completing the last one. :hihi:
Still over 60% to go (34% till now). But need some money first.

Greetz Johan
Yeah, the other missions are a cake walk in comparison to #34.

Still doing the F1 Championship. 15 races all between 1 1/2- 2 hours, it's like doing an entire SEASON of F1!(andBTW, compared to Mission 34, the F1 Champ. is cake as well, I'm adding ballast weight to make it more competetive). At least you can save inbetween races. Just these and #34 and I'm, DONE!:thumb:

freerider
June 11th, 2005, 11:51
BENMAN, I NEED YOUR HELP!!!!!!!!!
So far I've tried a couple of really fast car for the extreme hall. But none seem to get the job done. I've tried (all fully tuned) the R8, Nissan R92CP?, Ford GT LeMans (and a couple more Lemans). The thing is, the nissan and audi are REALLY fast. Too fast. They're very unstable at high speeds, causing a crash (everytime). And because they're so powerfull, my tyres wear very fast. The best I've done by now is with the Ford. This one drives really good, but is just too slow (although I only get 6 points for every race :vhmmm: ).
Now, this is where you come into the story. Which car did you use for the extreme events (I'm trying the first one now, I've done the last one already)? I'm really going crazy not being able to make it. :trash:

Oh, and you should try the A3 3.2 quattro. Tune it to its fullest potential and you should have a blast. This thing drives so nice. Very neutral and very controllable oversteer. I even trashed my time with the RS6 at the ring with it from the second try!!!

Oh, and good luck finishing the game.

Greetz Johan

Benman
June 13th, 2005, 15:41
BENMAN, I NEED YOUR HELP!!!!!!!!!
So far I've tried a couple of really fast car for the extreme hall. But none seem to get the job done.

Oh, and you should try the A3 3.2 quattro.

Oh, and good luck finishing the game.

Greetz Johan
Johan,

Extreme Hall is fun and challenging. For that I used a stock R8 (more controllable). Before each race be sure to qualify by going to "practice". Not only will that get you a better starting position, but it will get you much more comfortable with the car's handling on each course. Also, you could put "Hard" tires on the rear for better wear.

Another good one I used in Pro Hall "GT World Championship" was the Mazda 787B (Black version). The races were worth @ 60 A Spec pts each (similar pts for the Extreme Hall series you're trying). The races are challenging but NOT as hard as Mission 34, so if you can do that, I'm sure you'll beat these!:thumb:

A3 3.2 IS sweet! I also had beat my stock RS 6 time with a modded A3 3.2, it handles quite nicely. I also used a highly modded TT 3.2 for a lot of the Endurance Races.

Halfway through the F1 Championship, with races 9-15 to go, then #34!:MTM:

Ben:addict: :incar: :race: (Good luck with Extreme, I know you can do it!)

jinglis
June 20th, 2005, 20:34
OK.
I have the playstation with the wheel and GT4, I've got the network card and download and installed Xlink Kai <http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/>...so who is game for an rs6.com all-comers competition, hmm?:race:

Benman
June 20th, 2005, 20:46
Originally posted by jinglis
so who is game for an rs6.com all-comers competition, hmm?:race:
I'd be game but have one more race left of the F1 series and then I'm off on vacation later in the week. Maybe when I get back.

Any others?