PDA

View Full Version : Developing a RS6?

nyrs6
March 15th, 2005, 03:46
What do you people think. Is audi developing a RS6 right now? Or we would have seen spy pics if this were true?

tailpipe
March 15th, 2005, 11:32
Audi is definitely developing a new RS6.

It will have a brand new 5.2 litre V-10 with FSI. Audi will develop both naturally aspirated and turbo versions of this engine, although I do not believe that a final choice has been made about which version will go in new RS6. They have already tested a turbo on the Ring. It runs reliably at well above 600 bhp. The 0-60 times are apparently outrageous.

This engine will go in the RSR (RS9) production version of the Le Mans prototype (as will the 4.2 FSI V-8 in the new RS4). Another version will go in the A8/ S8 and possibly a third version will go in the Q7.

I expect that production versions will develop around 550 bhp.

The RS6 will also get a whole host of electronic mods and revised AWD transmission. I think the really big news will be the gearbox, which will be the much rumoured longitudinally mounted version of the DSG box.

So the RS6 will feature quite a lot of new stuff that will need a fair amount of development miles to perfect. I expect we'll see it for the first time towards the end of 2006 or early 2007 with production commencing in late 2007.

So, the lead time puts this car still some way away yet.

Finnus
March 24th, 2005, 13:05
Tailpipe,

Sounds pretty awesome. I vote for the TT version, of course & something that will truly bury the competition in all respects! I know Audi can do it. As Arnold (gov. of CA & actor extraordinaire) would say, "Just do it."

Finnus
:addict: