View Full Version : goodyear tires ?

gjg
March 14th, 2005, 22:31
any experience with:

Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3
Blackwall

Size:255/35YR19
Load Rating: XL

looking to replace stock Dunlops and this Goodyear has suspiciously high ratings in Tire Rack's product pages - any experience with Eagle F1 on the list?

tia, George

:confused:

Benman
March 14th, 2005, 22:37
Originally posted by gjg
any experience with:

Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3
Blackwall

looking to replace stock Dunlops and this Goodyear has suspiciously high ratings in Tire Rack - any experience on the list?

tia, George

:confused:
Not with the Beast, but friend has them on his M3 and is quite happy with them. 96Y rating should suffice. Overall a relatively quite, great handling, good rain traction tire. The wear is no worse than other Hi Po tires.

Ben:addict:

gjg
March 14th, 2005, 22:43
thanks for the info Ben. Do you know by any chance how noisy Goodyear gets down the line? The SP9000 with about half thread are horrible from that point - at higher speeds (100 mph+) the tire noise overrides the exhaust note ....

:rs6kiss:

Benman
March 15th, 2005, 00:05
Originally posted by gjg
Do you know by any chance how noisy Goodyear gets down the line? The SP9000 with about half thread are horrible from that point - at higher speeds (100 mph+) the tire noise overrides the exhaust note ....

I know Bauer has first hand experience with the SP9000s so he might be able to compare road noise with whatever brand he has on now. I had the PZeros and thought they were great. I heard everyone rave about the Pilots so decided to try them. So far they are no better in any regard to the PZeros and to be honest I think they have a slight less grip limit than the PZeros (I know, the exact opposite from what tirerack states).

Again with the Goodyears my friend with the M3 likes them a lot. He has never complained of road noise but then again, I've never asked him that question. I also know a guy that had them OEM on his R32 and loved the way they handled (or maybe it was just the car:D ). The only reason I didn't try them on the Beast is they didn't have the recommended load rating for the Beast at the time (255/40/18).

SpinEcho
March 15th, 2005, 01:57
I've had them on my Corrado for the last 2 summers. For what it's worth, these are the best tires I have had. Outstanding grip, wet and dry, excellent braking and very good feedback. Noise levels are also low. My only complaint, and one that has been noted in some tests, is slight loss of feel and slightly slow reaction on turn-in. This is all relative, and they are still better in this category than the other tires I've had on the Corrado: SP9000's, SP8000's and PZeros, and once upon a time, :harass: OEM SP2000's...

Benman
March 15th, 2005, 15:42
Originally posted by SpinEcho
This is all relative, and they are still better in this category than the other tires I've had on the Corrado: SP9000's, SP8000's and PZeros, and once upon a time, :harass: OEM SP2000's...
Spin,

How do you compare them with the PZeros. What pros and cons. I really liked the PZeros and wouldn't mind going back to them. As of right now I don't think that the Goodyears are available in the right size and load. But if this changes I could always give em a shot.

gjg
March 15th, 2005, 16:32
I'd be interested too in Pirreli/Goodyear comparo. I need 19" as this is stock on + so the softer sidewall may not be as noticeable ....

P's were on my first RS6, 18" and road feel was very good.

And I will not buy Michelins.

SpinEcho
March 16th, 2005, 01:03
PZeros: second best tire on my Corrado. Very close to the F1 GS-D3 in grip, noise levels, but not quite there. Slightly worse in wet conditions, but slightly more responsive turn-in. Quicker wear.

Benman
March 16th, 2005, 01:23
Originally posted by SpinEcho
PZeros: second best tire on my Corrado. Very close to the F1 GS-D3 in grip, noise levels, but not quite there. Slightly worse in wet conditions, but slightly more responsive turn-in. Quicker wear.
Wow, the PZero has "slightly worse" wet conditions performance? I loved how the PZeros were in the rain. So if the Goodyears are even better then..:bigeyes:

bilbozilla
March 16th, 2005, 02:01
Originally posted by gjg
Eagle F1 GS-D3 Blackwall

What's the difference between an
Eagle F1 GS-D3 Blackwall and 365 employed Trojans?

One's a greatyear