PDA

View Full Version : I know this has been said before but...

eph94
March 13th, 2005, 04:00
It's time for some reaffirmation. The RS6 is one freakin' awesome car.

We've had a horrible winter here in New England this year. The RS6 is the most capable winter car I've ever driven. I thought that the power would be excessive in the snow, but there is nothing like inducing a little power oversteer to rotate the car. Sure, I could do it in my former 540i, but with quattro... I can just use the throttle to steer without any drama that RWD cars sometimes bring. It sure is nice to be able to pull out of a slide. I love this car.

:rs6kiss:

SpinEcho
March 13th, 2005, 05:20
:thumb:

As you say, an awesome winter car, and remarkably easy to power oversteer in the snow!

rks838
March 13th, 2005, 05:20
I agree, and I think we need more shameless promotion of the RS6 these days. I'm not in New England, but the car still shines in DC in the snow - it's really fun. And what's not to like about a car that'll kick the shit outta practically any other car out there????

7:53 RS6
March 13th, 2005, 19:08
Originally posted by SpinEcho
:thumb:

As you say, an awesome winter car, and remarkably easy to power oversteer in the snow!

Just as easy on dry tarmac :applause:

drmrg
March 13th, 2005, 21:47
:rs6kiss:

the Beast rules the snow

here in Toledo and southeast Michigan I am thoroughly enjoying the Quattro.

I easily make 100 on I-75 regardless of weather.

This is a truly fantastic car...

Aronis
March 13th, 2005, 22:11
Up here in Northern most NY state, it snows from November to May.

My RS6 is great all winter, even in the worst storms.

Have you driven around in the snow with the ESP off? It's a blast.

Mike

SpinEcho
March 13th, 2005, 22:58
Got snow??

http://photos.e46fanatics.com/data/500/17350GotSnow_2.jpg
http://photos.e46fanatics.com/data/500/17350GotSnow_1_1.jpg

Aronis
March 14th, 2005, 14:42
That's not SNOW..

The roads are clear.

Our roads are ice covered all winter.

The tree huggers don't like SALT..

Mike

SpinEcho
March 14th, 2005, 15:16
I imagine you get pretty similar weather to me, Mike, given we are geographically quite close. But you may get a bit more snow as you are right next to the Adirondacks?

I wish the tree huggers had more influence here, at least with regards to salt. It's horrible stuff and really makes winter unpleasant. I think you're lucky not to have it!

Aronis
March 14th, 2005, 15:30
That's a tough call.

We use a lot of sand instead which really does a poor job of making the roads really safe!

Just north of the border in Canada they use enough salt on their roads to make up for the lack of salt here.

With the sand your car is covered with Mud all winter and it takes a real toll on the finish, where as salt will hurt if if there is already a paint breakdown. The sand basically sand-blasts the paint off the cars.

Then when you get a 1/2 inch of snow on top of the sand with the ice underneath it's really slick!

At least the Salt melts the snow and ice, leaving clear ashphault.

Now mind me with allwheel drive and proper winter tires this has not been a problem for me, but smooth roads without four inch ice glaciers on the roads would be nice.

Mike

marks6
March 14th, 2005, 15:48
I agree, 4WD really helps out, although it's a bit scary on normal tyres coming downhill when you remember that a 4WD doesn't brake any quicker... especially with a nice heavy car:dance:

Benman
March 14th, 2005, 15:54
Originally posted by rks838
I agree, and I think we need more shameless promotion of the RS6 these days.
I'm all for that!

Ben:addict: :addict: :addict: :addict:

nene
March 15th, 2005, 21:39
one word: amen

gjg
March 15th, 2005, 21:51
I second that