PDA

View Full Version : Pics- stage 2 MTM stainless steel cat-back exhaust system

ricky71370
March 12th, 2005, 22:56
just got the beast back.:rs6kiss: :addict:

The exhaust system is electronically and vacuum operated to open and close Pierberg bypass exhaust valves

i love it!!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

ricky71370
March 12th, 2005, 23:36
y

ricky71370
March 12th, 2005, 23:37
o

ricky71370
March 12th, 2005, 23:38
h

rks838
March 12th, 2005, 23:52
looks good - how much horsepower does this exhaust add?

ricky71370
March 13th, 2005, 00:21
http://hoppenmotorsport.com/rs6stage2_1.htm

RS4Ever
March 13th, 2005, 03:53
looks great man

a little less stealthy with the quads but still looks good.

nice plate.

:cool2:

were you able to get the oil leak fixed?

ricky71370
March 13th, 2005, 16:46
less stealthy is right, maybe now i'll get more challenges on the road:applause: :applause: :applause: :king:

minimad
March 14th, 2005, 01:52
Originally posted by ricky71370
http://hoppenmotorsport.com/rs6stage2_1.htm

I've also get my MTM stage II with exhaust system. But according to MTM website the stage II only get 508hp instead of 520hp : http://www.mtm-online.de/html_en/preisliste.php4?Modell=RS6&FZID=RS6331Q

Does Hoppen do somethinmg different from MTM?:vhmmm:

ricky71370
March 14th, 2005, 03:02
not that i'm aware of, hummmm!:vhmmm:

minimad
March 14th, 2005, 04:23
ha ha, anyway enjoy our MTM stage II especially the magic exhaust.:incar: did you also get tanny tunned?

I am thinking to have stage III mods soon (535hp) which my friend had them for more than 4 months. I will let you know if I got it done.:race:

Erik
March 14th, 2005, 15:11
Good choice Ricky! :addict:

TaTaPiRaTa
March 14th, 2005, 21:33
I have stage 1 MTM and I'm considering the quad piped exhaust.

I don't like loosing the stealth factor, but I think the sound should be better.

Can you elaborate on the sound change, anybody?

thx

:rs6kiss:

sturs6
March 14th, 2005, 21:35
less stealthy is right, maybe now i'll get more challenges on the road:applause: :applause: :applause: :king:
I will challenge you in a buddy of mines orange Lambo!!!:hahahehe:

ricky71370
March 14th, 2005, 21:36
thx Erik..

there is no joy in less hp....:( :(
i guess i'll have it dynoed to get closer numbers(hp)
tanny?

i'm waiting to see what explanationn i get from hoppen motorsport on the difference in hp advertisement...

ricky71370
March 14th, 2005, 22:12
just got the explanation on the difference in hp advertisement and i feel better:D :D :D (mike hoppen was the source) very specific and clear info as always!!!!:mech:

stu- no way, that lambo is really really fast!!!!:king: :king: :king:

tata- - you can hear the turbos better and the grunt comes after 4000rpms(its like adding a crossover and mids to a set of 15 inch woofers, the sound quality improves and it sounds crisp)i hope you get the picture if not pm me i can try to explain it better over a phone call... its all worth it, i'll be adding the tranny software to improve gear transition sometime next week.:mech: :mech:

mtm supercharger for the RS 4?? huummmm!!!:mech: :mech: :rs4kiss: :rs4kiss:

minimad
March 15th, 2005, 07:50
thx Erik..

there is no joy in less hp....:( :(
i guess i'll have it dynoed to get closer numbers(hp)
tanny?

i'm waiting to see what explanationn i get from hoppen motorsport on the difference in hp advertisement...

Ricky,

Would you recite their explaination? pls.:deal:

Nordschleife
March 15th, 2005, 09:02
Originally posted by TaTaPiRaTa
I have stage 1 MTM and I'm considering the quad piped exhaust.

I don't like loosing the stealth factor, but I think the sound should be better.

Can you elaborate on the sound change, anybody?

If you get the exhaust direct from MTM, you can 'order the sound you want'. I like the version which is very quiet until you stick your foot in it, at which stage it sounds like a Vogon Heavy Metal Band. it even stops the traffic at Le Mans.

MTM also do downpipes and metal cats, which work well with this exhaust. If you ask, you can get some replaceable straight through pipes so you can remove the cats. This way, with a switchable ECU program, you can get flames out the back when you open up. Of course, you would only do this on the track!

R+C

ricky71370
March 15th, 2005, 18:40
thats the one i got. its suddle while sitting but once you get on it, forget it its bad ass!!!:thumb: :thumb:

on the explaination- everyone in europe goes thru a governing body(tuv) i think, and they are the ones who officially report on these things(torque, hp) they tend to low ball numbers to avoid claim problems in the future. hope that expalins it if not call hoppen motorsport (sarasota, florida)and they'll expalin it better...

nene
March 15th, 2005, 21:10
Looks real awesome Ricky. Congrats on the new found power!
Quick question though: did they change the rear valence above the exhaust tips as well? Yours seems straighter at the top, while stock is very oval like.
Thanks and congrats again.

I'll be in Naples next week for the whole week.
I'd be willing to drive out to the Atlantic coast to meet up with you, even for 5 mins to hear the exhaust. That is what I plan to get as well. Let me know if you ok with that, and I'll PM you my cell. I'll even record the sound, inside and outside so we can post it.

LIRS6
March 15th, 2005, 22:01
Quick question though: did they change the rear valence above the exhaust tips as well? Yours seems straighter at the top, while stock is very oval like.

good eyes - MTM supplies replacement valence pieces which are flat across the top

ricky71370
March 15th, 2005, 22:43
nene-
they did replace the rear valence.
it would be my pleasure to meet you.
you would also get to hear the larini exhaust on the gallardo
:hihi: :hihi:

send me your cell so we can plan it out...

nene
March 16th, 2005, 02:45
Thanks Ricky and LIR for the info. My attention to the detail is probably my worst feature. But it comes in handy quite a bit.

Ricky,...I will check my schedule tomorrow so I can send it to you along with my cell number. We'll plan around your schedule for sure, but wanted you to know mine, so we can have a better idea on how it will all work out. I think that once I hear your exhaust, my plans are to swing by Hoppen's shop and place the order. Thanks again.

Bauer
March 16th, 2005, 03:27
Sound clip :D ?

Very nice BTW

ricky71370
March 16th, 2005, 03:46
bauer-
as soon as i get my camera back(getting heads cleaned), i'll post a clip.

nene- my schedule is open all the time . i work out home.;) ;)

ricky71370
March 16th, 2005, 03:48
nene-
are you going to sebring this weekend?
i'll be there friday and sat..