PDA

View Full Version : RS4 Sedan/Limousine

Payne
March 9th, 2005, 11:48
Has anyone idea how many sedans of the old Rs4 were produced?
I heard that there might be just like 4 of them in the world..Is that possible?

Nordschleife
March 9th, 2005, 12:01
Officially, none were produced.

However, I do know that the company which developed the RS4 for Audi and quattro GmbH did convert a very small number of S4 Limousines to RS4 specifications.

I also know a number of tuners who converted S4 sedans to RS4 specifications.

However, the RS4 (wide) body is slower than the S4 (narrow) body. So the fastest conversions kept the S4 body and used the RS4 engine and drive train as the basis for a special car. On these very few cars, the brakes, suspension and drivelines are far superior to to the stock RS4.

If all you want is a limousine which looks like an RS4, there are lots of them around.

R+C

Benman
March 9th, 2005, 16:23
Originally posted by Nordschleife
Officially, none were produced.

However, the RS4 (wide) body is slower than the S4 (narrow) body. So the fastest conversions kept the S4 body and used the RS4 engine and drive train as the basis for a special car.
R+C
Nordchleife:cheers: ,

Is this simply because of the additional "drag" caused by the fenders?

If so I could live with that cause the "looks" out weight the costs (as long as your not racing:D ).

Ben:addict:

Nordschleife
March 9th, 2005, 16:37
Ben

Yes, its a drag issue. Also a lot of the wide body cars have also gone for wider wheels and sometimes spacers as well. These sticking into the airflow futher drag the car.

Only in Germany is this a real issue.

R+C

Benman
March 9th, 2005, 16:48
Originally posted by Nordschleife
Ben

Yes, its a drag issue. Also a lot of the wide body cars have also gone for wider wheels and sometimes spacers as well. These sticking into the airflow futher drag the car.
R+C
Yes, I guess the tires would contribute as well, but IMHO the looks out weight the disadvantages.:) The flared wheels look sexy. Look at the 911TT. The narrow bodied cars have a faster top end (with the same motor) but don't have the "sex appeal". Worth the small reduction in lower top speed. As you state, only an issue in the Father Land. We poor chaps don't have the luxury of top speed runs without the risk of losing our licenses.:cry:

Ben:addict: