PDA

View Full Version : This is the real car baby! M6 Report in Geneva!

RS6rb
March 7th, 2005, 19:24
Hey have a look to this wonderful report by the M5board!!! The M6 is the real beast! I really love it! And the M5 WHOUA! The M6 is simply mmmmm I don't find the words to describe it!!!
BMW M6 :heart:

http://www.m6board.com/articles.php?id=29
(a lot of pics!!!)

Fab5
March 7th, 2005, 22:41
Sorry to say it like that,but the car is ugly from every angle.

The other negative point is the weight,the car is to heavy for a Coupe´.

The engine is,iguess really nice,but that´s the only thing on that car.

IMO.

cheers,

:revs:

R8isGreat
March 7th, 2005, 23:01
Not to mention it being ugly!!!

April 05 edition of European Car says it will have 507bhp and 383 ft/lbs yet be o-60 in 4.6 seconds. The 645i coupe starts at $69,900, so how must will it cost? The M3 lists for $12,000 more than the 330ci, so do you expect the M6 to be at MINIMUM $12,000 more than the 645i? Thats still $82,000.

November 02 edition of European Car has the RS6 in it and it was 0-60 in 4.6 seconds. It lists for less than the estimated price of the M6, has 2 more doors, and is Quattro.:incar:

Nordschleife
March 8th, 2005, 07:39
when quoting values for torque the correct expression is foot pounds not ft/lbs, which is feet divided by pounds.

Foot pounds may be abbreviated to ft lbs

However, it would be preferable were you to express torque in Newton metres or Nm

I recently had cause to review the National Highway Traffic Safety Authority (NHTSA) safety test standards. The values are all expressed in SI (metric) units - and not a lot of people know that!

R+C

R8isGreat
March 8th, 2005, 15:09
I apologize Nordschleife that my "/" confused you. I was using the "/" to seperate the two words, not to imply a mathmatical equation. I was not even aware it was possible to divide a non metric measurement of distance by a non metric unit representing the effects of gravity on mass. Please also write European Car magazine because they use ft-lbs to refer to torque, so according to you they are also incorrect.

Since I have no knowledge of Newton "Metres" I have no intention of posting figures on this website in that unit. Audi of America does not feel like they need to use Nm in the US, and neither do I. Me quoting Newton "Metres" would be likened to you spelling "Metres" the way we in America spell it, Meters.

Please continue to dillgently correct every small mistake everyone on this website makes.

Payne
March 12th, 2005, 21:48
Thats in my opinion really good looking car and the engine is just astonishing..
Just my case.. :D