PDA

View Full Version : Yet another Nav Question

CornersWell
March 7th, 2005, 16:05
Been following the extended saga of the NAV+ and now the RNS-E units for us US RS6 owners. While I've chosen to pass on the NAV+ unit and wait for the RNS-E, I recall reading something recently (last month or so) maybe here or on AudiWorld.com about the '05 Allroad RNS-E working in the RS6. As I understood it, it fits (double DIN) and fully-integrates with the CAN system in the RS6. I've also been following the discussions on nav-plus.com and the yahoo Audi Nav group. Admittedly, going the Audi factory part way is the most expensive option (if it's truly available), but the reality is that I'm not a techie, don't want to mess with the electrical systems and would just prefer a turnkey solution from a dealer. I've asked my local dealer to look into it, but just throwing this out to the forum to see if we have a 100% guaranteed solution, yet. Thanks for everybody's thoughts and knowledge on this. CW

gjg
March 7th, 2005, 18:09
RNS-E has different conectors on the back of the unit so interfacing to US RS6 would not be plug and play.

Some other issues:

1. if you do not have NAV+ that you do not have wiring for GPS antenna and that will have to be added.

2. If your RNS-E comes with the TV tuner that ditto for TV antenna

3. and check on the phone integration because RNS-E actually manages your gsm phone (some of them). The wirring for the phone may not be there as well