PDA

View Full Version : Bugattis' future?

clam
March 4th, 2005, 01:55
Molsheim, 01 March 2005 - The development procedures adopted at the start of 2004 for the
Bugatti Veyron 16.4 are on schedule. Four exceptional sports cars are still involved in endurance test runs and fine-tuning. In parallel, production of pre-run models has begun at the studio in Molsheim, France. Start of production of the pilot lot is planned for the beginning of May. The relevant processes are ready for the start of production.

The technical data of the Bugatti Veyron 16.4 mark an unprecedented level in series production. The superlative sports car is fitted with an 8.0 I W16 engine, 64 valves and four turbochargers. It has an output of 1001 PS (736 kW) and a maximum torque of 1,250 Nm (127mkp) at 2,200 rpm. The two-seater made of high quality light-weight material will reach a top speed of over 400 km/h.

The first Bugatti Veyron 16.4 will be handed over to an exclusive clientele in the second half of 2005.

Some of the number being mentioned about the Bugatti
From Thomas Bscher (L'Auto-Journal)

2 : 2 cars every week
3 : 3 seconds for the 0-100 km/h
7 : Ferdinand Pïech put a deposit for the chassis n° 7 (for his wife); his favorite number
17 : the time for the 0-300 km/h.
26 : 26 liters/100 km fuel consumption
50 : number of persons in the Molsheim factory
100 : liters of on-board liquids (oil, water ...) and also 100 liters of fuel
392 : the speed reached by the last prototype.
800 : the weight (in kilos) of the engine-gearbox group
1950 : the weight (in kilos) of the car with a target of 1900.
1.000.000 : € , the definitive price (without VAT).

Now that VAG have invested so much in Bugatti, and the Veyron certainly won't be a big money-maker, what other products can we expect from the factory in Molsheim, France?
And after all the effort spent on the 1001hp V16TTTT and its drivetrain, are they going to use it again? Perhaps detuned, or even n/a.

Remember the 118 & 218 Italdesign studies? In my humble opinion, two of the sexiests design ever. At the time (under Pïech), the cars got the green light for 2002. That obviously didn't happen, but fingers crossed we'll see them in production yet.

One thing is sure though, after the huge investment in Bugatti, they'll have to create products that are more commercially viable than the Veyron.

http://www.prova.de/archiv/2001/00-artikel/0001-Bugatti/07_218.jpg

http://www.atspeedimages.com/pebble2000/concours/bugatti_eb218.jpg

http://www.dieselstation.com/archive/Bugatti-Misc/ big pics
http://www.bugatti-cars.de/bugatti/index.html short movies

R8isGreat
March 4th, 2005, 16:02
Those cars are among the baddest I have ever seen!

Payne
March 17th, 2005, 23:26
Bugatti is just not what it used to be..
They made a huge marketing mistake with the veyron..when they told that it's going to make 400km/h etc. and they couldn't prove it. They even crashed one Veyron in Narden when they were trying to accomplish that top speed..
A lot of people wanted their money back from the pre-orders.
I guess bugatti will have a lot of problems because of that in future. They just lost their credibility.

mr
March 18th, 2005, 06:47
.... posted by Payne

Bugatti is just not what it used to be..
They made a huge marketing mistake with the veyron..when they told that it's going to make 400km/h etc. and they couldn't prove it. They even crashed one Veyron in Narden when they were trying to accomplish that top speed..
A lot of people wanted their money back from the pre-orders.
I guess bugatti will have a lot of problems because of that in future. They just lost their credibility.

Yea, ... you are right -> claiming 400 km/h and not being able to prove it (they can't even prove it now).

I do hope for them, that they can prove the breaking of the 400 km/h barrier soon.
......... otherwise the Veyron will be a REALLY REALLY devastating investment of loads of moneyö.

Paldi
March 19th, 2005, 00:55
You're either kidding or you're an idiot - I don't know which. The Bentley twin turbo Continental GT does a little above 300 kmh. Just under 400 kmh is fast enough for the Bugatti. If someone was stupid enough to give you one free, you sound like you'd turn them down. No credibility. Right.

Payne
March 19th, 2005, 09:47
Originally posted by Paldi
You're either kidding or you're an idiot - I don't know which. The Bentley twin turbo Continental GT does a little above 300 kmh. Just under 400 kmh is fast enough for the Bugatti. If someone was stupid enough to give you one free, you sound like you'd turn them down. No credibility. Right.

I was just looking at the fact that they did huge marketing mistake and not a lot of people are going to believe their predictions anymore..

Look at it from the orders of the veyron side..They payed about $500k deposit and total of about $2M for something that has been delayed for over 3years..Wouldn't you be pissed off?..You wouldn't believe or do business with someone who can't prove what they said,would you? And it's generally known that they made that mistake so people will think twice before they place deposits or some people even buy a car because they won't be sure of it's quality..That's the point..

Of course I'd take it! Are you kidding?!
I'm not a jealous idiot who can't buy it so he's telling that it's crap..

I don't know why are you compareing two incomparable cars...Bentley continental Gt is a luxurious sport car for people who doesn't want to make compromises between comfort and sport qualities and for people who are fed up with all those Ferraris, Lamborghinis and Porsches..
Bugatti Veyron on the other side is a pure supersport which is/was supposed to be the first road car in the world to pass 400km/h barrier, with great(best) sporting qualities(handling,acceleration etc.).It's target are cars such as Maclaren F1, Ferrari Enzo, Porsche Carrera Gt, Mercedes Slr..So the difference is I guess obvious..

I hope you see my point now..

Nordschleife
March 19th, 2005, 12:04
Originally posted by Payne

Bugatti Veyron on the other side is a pure supersport which is/was supposed to be the first road car in the world to pass 400km/h barrier, with great(best) sporting qualities(handling,acceleration etc.).It's target are cars such as Maclaren F1, Ferrari Enzo, Porsche Carrera Gt, Mercedes Slr..So the difference is I guess obvious..

Thou jests!

One of the things which make most of the cars you mention 'interesting', is their lack of mass and 'nimbleness'. The Veyron is not a Sportscar, its too heavy, its a lovely looking GT car, it may be very good for cruising from one side of a continent to the other, but I doubt it as the gas tank will not be big enough for anybody except the sad anoracs who rate filling stations.

Sadly one has to ask how many real Bugatti touches are there in this car?

R+C

Paldi
March 19th, 2005, 14:34
Originally posted by Payne
You wouldn't believe or do business with someone who can't prove what they said,would you? And it's generally known that they made that mistake so people will think twice before they place deposits or some people even buy a car because they won't be sure of it's quality..That's the point..

I'm not a jealous idiot who can't buy it so he's telling that it's crap..

I don't know why are you compareing two incomparable cars...Bentley continental Gt is a luxurious sport car for people who are fed up with all those Ferraris and Porsches..
Bugatti Veyron on the other side is a pure supersport which It's target are cars such as Ferrari Enzo, Porsche Carrera Gt.. So the difference is I guess obvious..

I hope you see my point now..

Aiming high and not quite achieving it is far better then aiming low - especially true in marketing. Don't blame the car or the design engineers. Probably missed the target because they added under duress some luxury features like a cupholder! Lowered quality expectations...? I'm sorry you feel that way. Try the Lexus then. The difference is I guess obvious.. Maybe I'm just blind. They said 3 years ago the car would do 400 and it only does 390. My car goes slower but the salesman never said it would fly so he was honest and I should be happy. If you can't trust a car salesman or his boss the marketing VP, who can you trust?

bludnik
May 30th, 2005, 01:20
Originally posted by clam http://www.prova.de/archiv/2001/00-artikel/0001-Bugatti/07_218.jpg

my lord... it looks like a new beetle with a stretched hood... :nono: :nono: :nono: