PDA

View Full Version : RS6 for sale in the US (fully modded and ready)

Erik
March 3rd, 2005, 16:30
http://www.craigslist.org/pen/car/61971659.html

JAXRS6
March 3rd, 2005, 16:59
Nice looking California car! :thumb: Can anyone ID the wheels? Are they Champion?

Erik
March 3rd, 2005, 17:14
Sportec wheels

Freds car, on the forum.

Mr Kram
April 29th, 2005, 18:16
I just bought this car! :bye:

iconcls
April 29th, 2005, 18:45
Originally posted by Mr Kram
I just bought this car! :bye:

You must be " So Cal M5" from m5board.com; welcome aboard.

Mr Kram
April 29th, 2005, 19:26
Originally posted by iconcls
You must be " So Cal M5" from m5board.com; welcome aboard.

That's correct! Thanks for the welcome.

SouthshoreRS6
April 29th, 2005, 21:01
I just bought a 03 with 5K miles but I'm keeping the 01 M5. I'm having a ball with the RS 6. It's a great car, not modded like yours, but still plenty fast, quiet and sure footed.

I just do not like the E60 looks and I'm not a AMG guy so the choice was pretty easy when it came time to get something different. It's sure fun deciding which to drive to work in the morning.

Bingocaller
April 29th, 2005, 22:39
That's correct! Thanks for the welcome.

So U have seen the light ! LOL :D

Nice 2 have u onboard:incar:

Mr Kram
April 30th, 2005, 00:01
Originally posted by Bingocaller

I've had a couple of cruisers from both BMW and MBZ so I thought this would be a good change of pace. So far I like the car. :)

Benman
April 30th, 2005, 00:52
Originally posted by Bingocaller

:hihi: Finally decided to "upgrade".:D Enjoy the Beast and welcome to the forum.:cheers:

Ben
:addict:

*edit* just saw this is post# 1976, my year of birth!

GoFastKindaGuy
April 30th, 2005, 18:04
Welcome...you will enjoy your car! Still tickles me every time I light him off.

There is an Avus silver RS6, tinted windows consigned at Zimbrick in Madison, WI. Nice quad exhaust -- MTM I think -- and a chip. Saw it yesterday while in for service.

Benman, you're such a puppy. I was in my second round of grad school on your birthday.

Mr Kram
April 30th, 2005, 18:22
Benman,
How many RS6's are there in So Cal? Are there ever any meets that are organized? Do you ever venture down to Crystal Cove or Carlsbad for the weekend meets?

DaveyKid
May 1st, 2005, 10:58
I see you already have some modding done to it. Have fun!!!!

Benman
May 2nd, 2005, 16:57
Originally posted by GoFastKindaGuy

Benman, you're such a puppy. I was in my second round of grad school on your birthday.

:hihi:
Hey there Mr. Goodtime Garage, how goes it?:cheers:
Looking forward to my 30's, my Pop says they're good years (he became a Grandpa @ 45).

Mr Kram,

Actually I posted a thread on the Julian Drive. It's this coming weekend. There are 3 confirmed RS 6s from this board (Hy Octane, TheCAKid and Myself). You are more than welcomed to join us. Last year we had @ 80 or so Audis so up (Hy Octane, correct me if I'm wrong) with plenty of S4s and 3.2 TTs to boot.

Here's the link: http://sccaudi.com/articles.asp?id=112

Registration deadline was April 30th, but don't let that stop you from coming along (might not get the meal) for the drive.

Be happy to check out a Carlsbad meet!

Ben:addict:

Bauer
May 2nd, 2005, 21:50
Mr. Kram and SouthshoreRS6-

Welcome to the board , looking forward to your comparisons to the M5 :D

I wonder how many current M5 owners also feel the same as you about the E60....not really a big fan as well....performance numbers look pretty impressive.

Still tickles me every time I light him off

From a guy with a Carrera GT:thumb:

Hey Ben you going to the Willows ACNA event in June (I believe)?

Benman
May 2nd, 2005, 22:41
Originally posted by Bauer

From a guy with a Carrera GT:thumb:

Hey Ben you going to the Willows ACNA event in June (I believe)?
Go Fast has quite the garage, doesn't he?:D

Ben,

If its on a weekend then I might. The problem is I already have some vacation plans for June so getting any additional time off of work will be tuff.:cry:

Mr Kram
May 2nd, 2005, 23:45
Originally posted by Benman
:hihi:
Hey there Mr. Goodtime Garage, how goes it?:cheers:
Looking forward to my 30's, my Pop says they're good years (he became a Grandpa @ 45).

Mr Kram,

Actually I posted a thread on the Julian Drive. It's this coming weekend. There are 3 confirmed RS 6s from this board (Hy Octane, TheCAKid and Myself). You are more than welcomed to join us. Last year we had @ 80 or so Audis so up (Hy Octane, correct me if I'm wrong) with plenty of S4s and 3.2 TTs to boot.

Here's the link: http://sccaudi.com/articles.asp?id=112

Registration deadline was April 30th, but don't let that stop you from coming along (might not get the meal) for the drive.

Be happy to check out a Carlsbad meet!

Ben,

Thanks for the invite and the info - looks like fun. Is everyone meeting in Temecula or is there a "pre-stage" meeting place? I happen to live in the West San Fernando Valley.

I'll let you know about Carlsbad. I think it's the first Saturday of each month at the big outlet mall there. They start about 7:00 am before the shops open. I go down there with a bunch of PCar guys, but a lot of them like to drive their other toys once in awhile.

Mark

Mr Kram
May 2nd, 2005, 23:54
Originally posted by Bauer
Mr. Kram and SouthshoreRS6-

Welcome to the board , looking forward to your comparisons to the M5 :D

I wonder how many current M5 owners also feel the same as you about the E60....not really a big fan as well....performance numbers look pretty impressive.

Bauer,

I had a Dinan S2 conversion on my E39. I'd say that the Audi with the 91 race program is a tad bit quicker than the M5. I've yet to test the 100 race program. The BMW had better steering input and less body roll (understandably) and overall was just more comunicative. IMO it was definately more of a driver's car.

That being said, the RS6 is no slouch and the differences I mention can only be noticed when pushing each car to its limits. The Audi is quieter, smoother and the auto is a nice change of pace for me. Again, IMO, the Audi is the ultimate compromise between the BMW and Mercedes uber sedans.

The E60 seems to be a wonderful performance machine, but as you stated, its looks leave something to be desired from many people. On the M5 board, I think people are polarized 50/50 on the new design. I think there will be a lot of people jumping ship in the next year to either the AMG or S/RS brands.

Benman
May 3rd, 2005, 00:04
Ben,

Thanks for the invite and the info - looks like fun. Is everyone meeting in Temecula or is there a "pre-stage" meeting place? I happen to live in the West San Fernando Valley.

Mark
Yeah, that's a drive. I'm not sure about any pre staging areas this year. Last year there was one in San Juan Capistrano and another in La Canada but I'm not sure this time. If you like I'll send you a PM with the email address so you can ask the event organizers.:thumb:

Mr Kram
May 3rd, 2005, 00:09
Yeah, that's a drive. I'm not sure about any pre staging areas this year. Last year there was one in San Juan Capistrano and another in La Canada but I'm not sure this time. If you like I'll send you a PM with the email address so you can ask the event organizers.:thumb:

Thanks, but no biggie. I was just curious. I'm going to try and make it with my family. We spend some time at Harrah's Rincon every once in awhile, so I think we'll make a weekend out of it.

SouthshoreRS6
May 3rd, 2005, 13:26
I agree with Mr. Kram's opinion. My M5 is also modified (Dinan Stage 3 suspension, 3.45 rear gears, Cold Air Induction/Ram Air, Dinan engine software, etc). The RS 6 is quicker, quieter, and few know what lurks under the hood. The M5 is likely faster on a track with a good driver. Both are really good designs in their own ways.

On the new M5, I think the manual transmission option coming in 2007 to the US may help slow defection to the other brands. While I think its still not a pretty car, it sure does have great performance from what I've read (not driven one yet). It should really be a great road car, after its debugged for a year or two.

Bill

Wang
May 4th, 2005, 07:59
Rarity, power, strength, balance, and luxury, in "wicked abundance".

SoCalM5, the M5 and the RS6 drive differently, one is RW and the other is Quattro. They require different techniques. The RS6 is a generation beyond the M5 and has a higher threshold of performance as you'll find if you research the performance times of one vs. the other. Nevertheless, the RS6 is much more tame feeling than the M5 and hence, more comfortable for daily driving, IMO. of course I am only speaking of stock versions, no mods...

Welcome.

Mr Kram
May 4th, 2005, 15:42
Originally posted by Wang

SoCalM5, the M5 and the RS6 drive differently, one is RW and the other is Quattro. They require different techniques. The RS6 is a generation beyond the M5 and has a higher threshold of performance as you'll find if you research the performance times of one vs. the other. Nevertheless, the RS6 is much more tame feeling than the M5 and hence, more comfortable for daily driving, IMO. of course I am only speaking of stock versions, no mods...

Welcome.

Hey Wang,

Good to hear from you. JeeperJohn told me you bought an RS6 and an H1! Geez, I thought that I went through cars as at a good pace.

Anyway, I concur with everything you said. The RS6 has been a pleasant replacement for the M5.

Mark

Benman
May 4th, 2005, 16:15

SoCalM5, the M5 and the RS6 drive differently, one is RW and the other is Quattro.
Hello Wang,

Since you're a So Caler, will you be joing the herd on the Julian Drive this year?

BTW, how did you like your A8? Noticed your sig.:cheers:

Mr Kram
May 4th, 2005, 18:06
Hello Wang,

BTW, how did you like your A8? Noticed your sig.:cheers:

It was a big boat that couldn't keep up with the M5's so he traded it for his former GT3. :D

Wang
May 8th, 2005, 08:00
Benman, I don't know when Julian is, but would like to consider it....

I agree, Mark, A8 was a amazing for its size, but nevertheless, is a large luxury car and will not be able to keep up with midsize super sedans like M5 or RS6. I figure I'd go for something like that again when I get too old to take the bumps on the road.
The H1 is loads of fun to cruise and to work on, nothing like it !
So, when's Julian? Do we have to be members?

Benman
May 9th, 2005, 15:48
Benman, I don't know when Julian is, but would like to consider it....

So, when's Julian? Do we have to be members?
Sorry, it was the 7th. But... There is an upcoming event http://sccaudi.com/articles.asp?id=116 that ends with lunch at a winery. And it's closer to you.:cheers:

Wang
May 10th, 2005, 21:51

Mr Kram
May 11th, 2005, 01:19
Hope to see you there Wang!