PDA

View Full Version : GT4...whos got an RS 6

luv2xlr8
March 2nd, 2005, 23:47
Does anyone have GT4? I dont have the RS 6 yet but for the people who do, what do you think of them?

-Cooper :incar: :race:

audirs6sport
March 3rd, 2005, 04:58
I heard it's pathetic...

trex
March 3rd, 2005, 16:28
Originally posted by audirs6sport
I heard it's pathetic...

its steering is beyond pathetic ....!

luv2xlr8
March 3rd, 2005, 17:48
really that sucks :( Anyone driven any of the other S or RS cars?\

:incar: :race:

steve
March 3rd, 2005, 18:08
I've read both the RS4 and RS6 are wonderfull to drive. You must have the DFP 900° wheel however. Without that the GT experience is way less.

Benman
March 3rd, 2005, 20:49
Originally posted by steve
I've read both the RS4 and RS6 are wonderfull to drive. You must have the DFP 900° wheel however. Without that the GT experience is way less.
Amen:0:
I have the RS 6 in GT4 and can say that it is QUITE good despite some other comments. However, like Steve mentions, those rumors might be founded on driving with the regular controls. I have only played this game with the DFP 900 GT4 wheel so can't comment on the "pathetic" comment with the analog controller.

As I posted on another thread, PD did a great job with the realism of this game.

I've been to several tracks (in my RS 6) in real life but only one track that I've personally been to made it to GT4: Infineon Raceway. When I played a few laps at that track on the game I went back and watched the video footage I took of the track in real life. What I saw was amazing! Every turn, every single one, the car was in the correct gear and speed was within 2-4 mph the ENTIRE TIME!!!:bigeyes: I can't believe how accurate it was! And with the the DFP wheel, you could even "feel" the understeering characteristics of the car when you came into a turn a little too hot! Just amazing the accuracy! And this is just with one car that although ranks very high with us, is not a priority with the boys at PD.

So I'd say job VERY well done, and to those who think it's pathetic, you either have NOT even played this game, or have never been to a track.

Ben:addict: :incar:

Benman
March 4th, 2005, 00:59
Oh, BTW, the Audi Le Mans is a fantastic drive with less understeer than the RS 6 (which you'd figure:trash: ). Only let down are the tires, but once upgraded:MTM: Twin turbo V10 down the straights! And it looks QUITE nice in the garage!:hahahehe:

Ben:addict: (I plan on taking it up to Infineon for a comparison run:D ).

bilbozilla
March 4th, 2005, 01:29
Ben - give me a call on your way up - I'm 5 minutes, i mean 15 miles from infineon.

Benman
March 4th, 2005, 14:57
Originally posted by bilbozilla
Ben - give me a call on your way up - I'm 5 minutes, i mean 15 miles from infineon.
Sorry for the confusion, I meant "taking the Le Mans up (on the game) for a comparison run". I already know what the Beast feels like on that track in real life.:cheers:

Ben:addict:

sturs6
March 4th, 2005, 21:41
Originally posted by Benman
Sorry for the confusion, I meant "taking the Le Mans up (on the game) for a comparison run". I already know what the Beast feels like on that track in real life.:cheers:

I was going to ask you to post pictures of your LeMans. I was confused:vhmmm:

Benman
March 4th, 2005, 22:02
Originally posted by sturs6
I was going to ask you to post pictures of your LeMans. I was confused:vhmmm:
Seeing as how it's not out yet, I'd have to have SERIOUS pull to have one in my real garage.:D I can however posts pics of the one in my GT4 garage, but you guys have seen that already!

I can't say enough about the realism. Oh, and BTW, Erik will enjoy the A3 Challenge! Nothing else allowed!

luv2xlr8
March 6th, 2005, 00:52
ok well i finally got an RS6 and now its 800hp :addict: It does the 1/4 in just under 9 sec and with sticky tires, all the upgraded suspention and the brakes fully boosted, it does pretty well on the twistys. click this link for some picts...

http://img53.exs.cx/gal.php?g=rs615rm.jpg

Benman
March 7th, 2005, 16:49
Originally posted by luv2xlr8
ok well i finally got an RS6 and now its 800hp :addict: It does the 1/4 in just under 9 sec and with sticky tires, all the upgraded suspention and the brakes fully boosted, it does pretty well on the twistys. click this link for some picts...

http://img53.exs.cx/gal.php?g=rs615rm.jpg

:D Mines "only" got @750 HP!:D As ridiculous as this sounds I think it's actually sort of realistic. Think about it. I've spent $200,000.00 dollars in engine mods ALONE:MTM: . And spent another $250,000.00 in suspension, brakes, frame, transmission, etc... mods.

I say realistic because when Champion was preparing the RS 6 for the World Speed Challenge GT they were "testing" the motor for 700 HP!!!:MTM: and reported NO problems with the motor OR trans! (they were using the RS 4 trans). My point is that with enough $$$ you can get the RS 6 to keep up with a Pagani! (that is until 7 or 8 laps later when the tires are TOAST!!!:D ) Really cool game!

steve
March 8th, 2005, 19:34
I just picked the PAL version up!!

My god... I just drove a black RS4 on the Ring... very impressed!:rs4addict

Superb game! But you must have the DFP 900° wheel to play it, I tried it with the normal controller and it was so much less:(

Bingocaller
March 8th, 2005, 20:22
I have just today driven the rs4 and the rs6 on the ring, with the ordinary controller and one word sums it up

UNDERSTEER :rolleyes:

No matter how hard I tried with perfect cornering - all driven aids on etc - it had no influence

Must get me one of them steering wheels - but are they worth it?

Benman
March 8th, 2005, 20:34
I just picked the PAL version up!!

My god... I just drove a black RS4 on the Ring... very impressed!:rs4addict

Superb game! But you must have the DFP 900° wheel to play it, I tried it with the normal controller and it was so much less:(
Steve, thank you SOOOOOOOO much for trying the normal controller for me, that way I didn't have to waste any DFP 900 time!!!:D

It is truely impressive isn't it! The wheel makes it so real! This is as good as it gets unless you step up to the $250,000.00 racing simulators the F1 guys use!:MTM:

Bingocaller,

You should be able to tell by Steve's post that YES, the DFP wheel is most definately worth the admission fee. It COMPLETELY transforms the game. I haven't used a "controller" since GT3 and have zero intentions of going back!:0:

BTW Steve, once you win the Audi Le Mans (TT race) let me know what you think;)

steve
March 13th, 2005, 19:10
I've just won the Le Mans... Very impressive car:eek:.
I've also won the Pikes Peak... what a sound and BIG!

My RS4 now has 660hp and I've just done the supercar challenge in Professional... no problem to handle SLR, Ford GT, Caddy Cien or even a Nardo :D

Pure animal :rs4addict

luv2xlr8
March 13th, 2005, 21:09
i beat the pro supercar race with my STi :) Have any of you guys gotten into drifting in the game? If so, ill post up my settings for my drift Evo MR.

freerider
March 14th, 2005, 12:00
Originally posted by Bingocaller
I have just today driven the rs4 and the rs6 on the ring, with the ordinary controller and one word sums it up

UNDERSTEER :rolleyes:

No matter how hard I tried with perfect cornering - all driven aids on etc - it had no influence

Must get me one of them steering wheels - but are they worth it?

First of all, I was also very dissapointed with the capabilities of the beast. But if you turn driving aids off, it will understeer less. Then you can actually have oversteer (I've had it 2 many times :doh: )
The rs4 is kind of easier to drive :vhmmm:

Second, yes, you should get a steering wheel. But not just any steering wheel, you should get the logitech DFP 900° as said before. It was specially designed for gt4. Read some reviews about it, people just love it (although the 900° seems to be overkill).

Now, I had to try for a couple of times (got the game and ps2 saturday), but I finally beaten the forum record of 8:29 round the ring. I made it in 8:27 :hahahehe: . Totally stock btw in arcade mode (don't have the memory card so can't play gt mode :rolleyes: )

Greetz Johan

Benman
March 14th, 2005, 15:23
I've just won the Le Mans... Very impressive car:eek:.
I've also won the Pikes Peak... what a sound and BIG!

My RS4 now has 660hp and I've just done the supercar challenge in Professional... no problem to handle SLR, Ford GT, Caddy Cien or even a Nardo :D

Pure animal :rs4addict
:D
I think it's cool that every single car in the game was driven in real life by the PD team, including concepts (no wonder it took so long to get to market:D ). Some of the really old cars (the Daimler Mercedes, Model T, Mercedes Motorwagen) were donated for use by museums! It's a TREMENDOUS amount of trouble to go through but in the end, the amount of realism is well worth it for us gamers (by the way, the old 1888 cars really ride like crap, just like my friends Model T:hihi: ).

The RS 4 can be made into a better racetrack car than the RS 6 I've noticed (although the game will let you play with weight balance to dial out understeer). The weight can be brought down to a lower level. When I tried the Supercar Challenge in the RS 6, it did great till the tires went to crap on lap 6! Too much weight I guess.

luv2xlr8
March 15th, 2005, 00:13
Originally posted by freerider

Now, I had to try for a couple of times (got the game and ps2 saturday), but I finally beaten the forum record of 8:29 round the ring. I made it in 8:27 :hahahehe: . Totally stock btw in arcade mode (don't have the memory card so can't play gt mode :rolleyes: )

Greetz Johan

Iv done the ring in 7:02 with my fully modded STi :bye2: lol I love this game!

EDIT: i forgot to add :incar: :race:

EDIT 2: 8:23 with a stock M3

Benman
March 15th, 2005, 15:24
Originally posted by freerider
First of all, I was also very dissapointed with the capabilities of the beast. But if you turn driving aids off, it will understeer less. Then you can actually have oversteer (I've had it 2 many times :doh: )

Greetz Johan
To help with the understeer you can also transfer weight to the back under the "balance set up".

Get yourself a memory card asap. GT mode IS the game!:D

Benman
March 15th, 2005, 15:28
Originally posted by luv2xlr8
Iv done the ring in 7:02 with my fully modded STi :bye2: lol I love this game!

EDIT: i forgot to add :incar: :race:

EDIT 2: 8:23 with a stock M3
That's a really good time, as good as what's quoted on track-challenge I think.

I honestly haven't had a ton of time to try times on the Ring as I've been focusing on the other aspects of the game (completion %) but will try some more laps. If you guys are game we can create a GT Time Trial thread of different cars at the Ring (or any track) for comparison on who is the "virtual" King of the Ring. Just a thought.:incar: :race:

Ben:addict: (this game is addictive:hihi: )

Benman
March 15th, 2005, 17:09
UNBELEIVABLE!!!!!!!!!!:bow: :bow: :bow:

Forget my idea of who is the King cause I've found him. Maybe Kazunori Yamauchi himself?, I found this one: http://boards.ign.com/Gran_Turismo/b5208/81742895/?60 scroll down and watch the link. How he doesn't mess up at those speeds is absolutely beond me!

I dont think this can be beat, I have no idea what car is used for sure but best bet is the obvious one: F1!:bow:

Ben:bigeyes:

RS4Ever
March 15th, 2005, 18:15
UNBELEIVABLE!!!!!!!!!!:bow: :bow: :bow:

Forget my idea of who is the King cause I've found him. Maybe Kazunori Yamauchi himself?, I found this one: http://boards.ign.com/Gran_Turismo/b5208/81742895/?60 scroll down and watch the link. How he doesn't mess up at those speeds is absolutely beond me!

I dont think this can be beat, I have no idea what car is used for sure but best bet is the obvious one: F1!:bow:

Ben:bigeyes:

that was SUPERFAST.

he got to about 363 on that straight.

the grip he had not to fumble is like from tires made of superglue.

too insane.

:applause:

freerider
March 16th, 2005, 01:00
To help with the understeer you can also transfer weight to the back under the "balance set up".

Get yourself a memory card asap. GT mode IS the game!:D

Skipted the last 2 hours of school today and got a mem card :p (we're not obligated to go to most of the classes in college). Man, this is one hell of a difficult game. And I always want to have gold, that doesn't make things easier. I think my crx just sux.
Tomorrow is a free day for me, so I'll keep training.

Greetz Johan