PDA

View Full Version : RS6 or new RS4 ???

gnomik007
March 2nd, 2005, 19:09
If you were to choose between staying with RS6 or buying new RS4,what would your choice be?Is the new Quattro GMBH product better then the old beast?Please share your thoughts on how good the new RS4 really is and is it worth to wait for the so much waited next RS6?

Graeme
March 2nd, 2005, 19:37
I guess it depends what you want out of your RS. I imagine, as the new RS4 is a much more driver focused car, it'd anoy the hell out of you after a while if you drove a lot of motorway miles, but then if you wanted a sports car, it'd be your thing.
I'm certainly looking forward to getting a drive in one.

Benman
March 2nd, 2005, 22:19
Originally posted by Graeme
I guess it depends what you want out of your RS. I imagine, as the new RS4 is a much more driver focused car, it'd anoy the hell out of you after a while if you drove a lot of motorway miles, but then if you wanted a sports car, it'd be your thing.
I'm certainly looking forward to getting a drive in one. This is the key. Different strokes for different folks.

The RS 4 is definately not as good of a family car as the RS 6 is. It is however a much better family car than a 360 Modena. And if it is almost as fast as such (so we hear:) ) than that is a sweet compromise in size compared to the RS 6. As mentioned it will be a more focused "drivers" car than the Beast we all know and love but I will go on record as saying this will not be enough to convince me to get rid of my Beast. Now, if I could somehow swing both:deal: ...

Ben:addict: :rs4addict

nene
March 3rd, 2005, 04:15
RS6 would be my choice, anyday.

J0X
March 3rd, 2005, 21:12
I went from one to the other. Can't tell if it's the right choice just yet though (seeing as it hasn't arrived yet) but I will most definitely post the pros and cons of them both. Didn't do any track days with the RS6 though, and I don't plan on giving the 4 any beating either, so it'll be from a "everyday driving" perspective (yeah, *cough* full throttle everyday-kind of driving *cough*)

RS4Ever
March 3rd, 2005, 22:11
Originally posted by J0X
(yeah, *cough* full throttle everyday-kind of driving *cough*)

hehe:D

Dark Knight
March 12th, 2005, 04:36
I just put a deposit down on a RS4. My RS6 is a great car but the tranny is just bad, they should've offered a manual option. Plus, the next RS6 iteration I think is going to be a large feeling car which is nice if you haul stuff (kids, friends, etc.) but I don't so I'd rather have a driver's car such as the RS4 and, of course, it's available as a manual!!

Like the others said, different horses for different courses. I think it's going to come down to ride quality and how much you're going to commute. The RS6 is one hell of a car to go on a long trip, I'll be impressed if I don't get tired/bounced around a lot in the RS4 but I'm willing to put up with that for something that's going to scream down twisty roads and give more back to the driver.

RS4Ever
March 12th, 2005, 08:03
Originally posted by Dark Knight
I just put a deposit down on a RS4.

sweeeeeeeeeet

congrats man. :revs:

ricky71370
March 13th, 2005, 01:04
both...:addict: :rs4kiss: :thumb: :wo: