PDA

View Full Version : Transmission springs a leak!

Hy Octane
March 2nd, 2005, 18:53
Went on the SCC Audi Club drive over the last weekend.. After a nice twisty climb up the Angeles Forest Hiway I noticed this burning oily smell.. Looked over and smoke! .. I had to bail early and nurse her home..

Put her in the shop at 8am Monday and it looks like I have a blown right side output shaft seal..at 10k miles..No cause, just a bad batch of rubber.. They'll have it ready today..

Just thought i'd put this out here in case it becomes common..Hoping the rest of the car holds together a little better...

Benman
March 2nd, 2005, 22:14
Originally posted by Hy Octane
Went on the SCC Audi Club drive over the last weekend.. After a nice twisty climb up the Angeles Forest Hiway I noticed this burning oily smell.. Looked over and smoke! .. I had to bail early and nurse her home..

Just thought i'd put this out here in case it becomes common..Hoping the rest of the car holds together a little better...
Wow!:bigeyes: I didn't make it to that event since I'm not yet up to "spirited" driving:( .

I certainly hope the "rest of the car holds together a little better" for you as well. That's the second issue you've had already and your ownership length of time has been half of mine! Hope that's the last of your troubles:cheers:

BTW, how did the event turn out?

Ben:addict: