PDA

View Full Version : extreme contacts

mr.zeke
February 25th, 2005, 12:24
i just had 4 new tires put on yestrerday i went with continental extreme contacts. didnt have much of a test yet and car will be garaged for about another month but does anyone have them?do you like them? some input if you have it. thanks

incognito
February 27th, 2005, 06:16
Sell them and get the Michelin Pilot Sport PS2's

JAXRS6
February 27th, 2005, 06:37
Are you sure the Contis have the Heavy Load rating recommended by AoA? Last time I checked, about six months ago, only Pirellis, Dunlops and Michelin Pilot Sports (not PS2s) were available in 18" in the US that fit the RS6 and have the Heavy Load rating. There may be more in 19" -- PS2s, for example. And maybe something else is on the market now.

Some choose to ignore the Heavy Load recommendation, saying it doesn't matter so much because they won't be tracking the car. I'm more conservative & if the mfr says I need extra load capacity, that's what I get.

Do a search if you'd like to see more of this issue on an earlier thread. Another thread shows a tire that blew on a track in Europe, and if I recall correctly it was not known to have a Heavy Load rating.

Aronis
February 27th, 2005, 16:50
My snow tires certainly don't have any special load rating, as far as I know! LOL

But for summer tires, I'd stick with those recommended, since a blowout due to excessive load would be a bummer at 100 mph....

Mike