PDA

View Full Version : subaru

mr.zeke
February 25th, 2005, 08:07
i nearly ran over a white wrx going up an exit ramp yesterday. it was an sti tricked out. he jumped all over it way before me and i easily ran right up his ass he had a speed teknik frame on his rear plate. once we got on the highway he got behind me then pulled up and gave me the thumbs up. there was alot of traffic and also i had my spare tire on the rear, but i dont think he wanted any more, at least he had respect for a real car.

rks838
February 25th, 2005, 23:34
at least he had respect for a real car
I always love hearing about how RS6 can munch up other cars for lunch, but you can't say he doesn't have a real car. He's got a car that costs 1/3 the price, has half the cylinders, half the displacement, 2/3 the hp, and probably all the thrills of your car, esp. with a manual. The fact that it's from a company with less prestige does not automatically make your car better. And he doesn't need to respect you just cause you win a race, have a more luxurious car, or pay more 3 times to amount for yours than he did for his. Demanding respect with an autobox is putting your self in a difficult situation in the first place...

mr.zeke
February 26th, 2005, 01:06
i guess that came out a little wrong, i didnt mean to beat the guys car down in any way, the guy was in front of me at a light pulling like 6000 rpms he really wanted to go against me. i felt challenged and took him up, i was very happy to see he liked my car i just got a little fired up and the words came out the wrong way. didnt mean any bad blood

Aronis
February 27th, 2005, 16:53
you had your SPARE TIRE ON and still challenged him,, that takes balls..

Mike

rks838
February 28th, 2005, 03:13
My bad - I don't know why I went berzerk over that...

DaveyKid
March 2nd, 2005, 08:43
Two apologies in one thread! Guess this isn't Audi World! :hihi:

Benman
March 2nd, 2005, 16:21
Originally posted by DaveyKid
Two apologies in one thread! Guess this isn't Audi World! :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

JP4
March 2nd, 2005, 18:14
:heart: Can't you just FEEEEL all the love! :heart:

I think maybe one verse of Kumbya (spelling?) is in order here! :music: :love2:

Benman
March 2nd, 2005, 22:06
Originally posted by JP4
:heart: Can't you just FEEEEL all the love! :heart:

I think maybe one verse of Kumbya (spelling?) is in order here! :music: :love2: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :D :D :D :D :D

audirs6sport
March 3rd, 2005, 07:38
Kumbaya my lord, kumbaya~!

luv2xlr8
March 3rd, 2005, 17:52
Do you have mods on your RS6? That STI must not have had much/any work done to it if it were that easy for you. With just a UTEC(chip) and turbo back exhaust, it can make a little over 300hp at the wheels.

-Cooper :incar: :race:

mr.zeke
March 3rd, 2005, 20:23
he had an exhaust and most likely a chip, he had a speed technik plate on his car so they probably sold him lots of things. my car is pretty modified, chip ,downpipes , exhaust , fuel pump etc. it did a 438 to the wheels before exhaust so i plan on dynoing it soon

Aronis
March 3rd, 2005, 20:38
Zeke, your transmission is holding up well????

What's the total cost of your mods so far?

Mike

mr.zeke
March 3rd, 2005, 21:03
for the most part the tranny is fine. once and a while if you take off kind of hard but not full bore it shifts a bit funny into 2nd gear, not reving really high and crashing into 2nd, but kind of quick and at the wrong time. i have asked people about this who have chipped s4s and so on and some told me they have the same issue, i guess you have to floor it or take off slowly. i dont know, i dont like to think about it, it really bugs me. my mods are now up around 8000 i would say, thats only products no labor since i put every thing on myself, but to have an rs6 that is much faster than stock i am fairly satisfied i just worry a bit about the tranny, where do you live? ill let you try it

luv2xlr8
March 5th, 2005, 00:45
Originally posted by mr.zeke
he had an exhaust and most likely a chip, he had a speed technik plate on his car so they probably sold him lots of things. my car is pretty modified, chip ,downpipes , exhaust , fuel pump etc. it did a 438 to the wheels before exhaust so i plan on dynoing it soon

:eek: :eek: :eek: Woah i retract any pervious doubt i had lol. I think he would need more than a UTEC and exhaust to even keep close. have you gotten to track your car yet? Man i have been in a completely stock RS 6 before and i thought that was fast...yours must be insane. :bow: :addict:

Im from NY and will be workin at ICS Performance come spring which is close to you i think(stamford). Want to let me try it? haha

:incar: :race:

Aronis
March 7th, 2005, 15:24
Originally posted by mr.zeke
, thats only products no labor since i put every thing on myself,

I'm in Upstate New York, yes, north of Albany.....it's a big state, I'm about 5 hours from Albany.

Now, the more important thing is...

:bow: Mr. Zeke...

AT LAST... A REAL CAR GUY....

:bow: Mr. Zeke

I'd love to do those mods myself, you must have a nice garage to use?

Mike

marks6
March 7th, 2005, 15:41
Mr Zeke

Glad to see you took him in a straight line... however, throw in a couple of bends and you would quite literally be left for dead. A few years ago I had a 220bhp Subaru Impreza which would I guess lap the ring faster than a 450bhp RS6. With the new Subaru Impreza's pushing out 300bhp+ we would I'm afraid gentlemen be in last place. The RS and indeed the S series are lovely, I own one and don't dispute it - but don't ever think that the autobahn = sporting. Quite simply it doesn't :dance:

Benman
March 7th, 2005, 16:20
Originally posted by marks6
Mr Zeke

Glad to see you took him in a straight line... however, throw in a couple of bends and you would quite literally be left for dead. A few years ago I had a 220bhp Subaru Impreza which would I guess lap the ring faster than a 450bhp RS6. With the new Subaru Impreza's pushing out 300bhp+ we would I'm afraid gentlemen be in last place. The RS and indeed the S series are lovely, I own one and don't dispute it - but don't ever think that the autobahn = sporting. Quite simply it doesn't :dance:
Wrong. See the following:
http://www.track-challenge.com/main_e.asp?useframe=comparison1_e.asp?Car1=53%26Ca r2=35

Ben(no matter how many times I do the link it keeps comparing the Porsche, however just do a comparison against the STI and notice the RS 6 BEAT it with HIGHER test temps!):addict:

marks6
March 7th, 2005, 16:28
Benman

I know for a fact that Impreza's lap the ring sub 8minutes as I have seen them... they are called a Subaru Impreza STi Spec C or somesuch elongated name. The link to at least one sub 8min ref is
http://www.litimports.co.uk/subaru/my05_spec.html These guys actually build an impreza that puts out 350bhp based on the 2.5l block that usually goes to the USA. Please remember that the USA generally doesn't get the high power Subarus as we do here in the UK.

I guess what I am actually trying to say is we own big comfy cars but they weigh nearly 2 tons without driver etc and they can't compete in the twisties with something that probably weighs 1.3 tons. Irrespective of their power and top speed, they actually handle like barges. I love mine, I don't want to run Audi down as they make some lovely cars, but I know which one I'd rather have when it gets tight and twisty.

In fact - if we take it to extremes, a Radical is the car for the ring, an RS6 for the autobahn, and a subaru for everyday driving especially on UK roads. :love:

Benman
March 7th, 2005, 16:55
Benman

I know for a fact that Impreza's lap the ring sub 8minutes as I have seen them... they are called a Subaru Impreza STi Spec C or somesuch elongated name. The link to at least one sub 8min ref is
http://www.litimports.co.uk/subaru/my05_spec.html These guys actually build an impreza that puts out 350bhp based on the 2.5l block that usually goes to the USA. Please remember that the USA generally doesn't get the high power Subarus as we do here in the UK.

In fact - if we take it to extremes, a Radical is the car for the ring, an RS6 for the autobahn, and a subaru for everyday driving especially on UK roads. :love:
That link doesn't show a "factory" Subaru. It shows a car that's been "tuned" albeit approved. With that rational, take MTM and have them put the Club Sport up against it. With R Compound tires it too could sub 8 min the "Ring" (but more expensively!:D )

As for the Radical, that is the ABSOLUTE BEST TRACK CAR FOR THE $$$ but I wouldn't want to commute in it:hihi:

Ben:addict:

marks6
March 7th, 2005, 17:06
Benman

The Spec C is a factory built car... it is built by Subaru Technica which are the equivalent of the RS family in Audi, the M class for BMW... etc. And given it is Standard when it leaves STi it would blow away a Standard RS6+ around the ring by many seconds... However, that's not my point. My point is you wouldn't want to thrash an RS6 through bends because it doesn't do bends well... I will prepare for everyone to tell me I am wrong on this board, but a two ton car with twisties doesn't go well. It gets an ok Ring time because of it's power on the straights, not its handling through the bends

MTM stuff is great btw:bye:

JAXRS6
March 7th, 2005, 17:15
I saw a stock RS6 turn 13.375 for the quarter at a drag strip. Beside him was an sti; beat the RS6 at 13.2. sti driver said his only mods were air filter, exhaust & downpipes. But that's enough to make the difference, don't you think -- if both cars were stock, the RS6 would win? Especially since both drivers agree that, towards the end, the RS6 was closing the gap.

marks6
March 7th, 2005, 17:18
In a straight line I would guess RS6 and STi would be reasonably close and then RS6 would pull away. Rember STi for the USA is I think usually 265bhp. Jap version is now around 300bhp Spec C is a stripped out STi with a bit extra, around 320bhp I think.

Anyway... this is a straight line again chaps:dance:

luv2xlr8
March 7th, 2005, 21:47
if they had one of :addict: those for subaru id put it up right now haha. Past 100 or so an RS6 shouldent have a problem walking on a subaru but on some back roads you will see the results of the weight diff.

:incar: :race:

marks6
March 10th, 2005, 22:44
On a backroad in the UK the RS6 is not a great car. Probably helped it to last place in the recent Evo shoot-out... albeit of the top cars of the year. Really have to remember what these cars are for, and screaming around bends isn't their natural habitat... Give them a series of long sweepers and some straights and they are quite superb :applause:

nyrs6
March 11th, 2005, 00:18
Put a manual in the RS6, and launch it at 6000 Rpm like the sti's do at the drag strip and you will never have a problem beating him.

Benman
March 11th, 2005, 00:50
Originally posted by nyrs6
Put a manual in the RS6, and launch it at 6000 Rpm like the sti's do at the drag strip and you will never have a problem beating him.
Oh oh, don't get Mark started on straight line accelleration again!:D

Bauer
March 11th, 2005, 01:01
Weight is the enemy....heavy cars don't do well in the twisties...even with the likes of DRC. I love my RS6 but for fun on the track the S4 is a much better car...even though it is not the lightest thing as well.

My friend has an S4 as well that he tracks....we have similar power and suspension, he had better tires this weekend but his car is about 700lbs lighter then mine. He walked away from me whenever he felt like it.

marks6
March 11th, 2005, 07:28
Benman, I think it's really sweet that you love your Audi so much that you can overlook its many foibles... can't knock a believer :dance:

tailpipe
March 11th, 2005, 14:54
Originally posted by rks838
I always love hearing about how RS6 can munch up other cars for lunch, but you can't say he doesn't have a real car. He's got a car that costs 1/3 the price, has half the cylinders, half the displacement, 2/3 the hp, and probably all the thrills of your car, esp. with a manual. The fact that it's from a company with less prestige does not automatically make your car better. And he doesn't need to respect you just cause you win a race, have a more luxurious car, or pay more 3 times to amount for yours than he did for his. Demanding respect with an autobox is putting your self in a difficult situation in the first place...

The best example I've seen that illustrates the diference between bettwen an Audi Quattro and a Subaru is the working models of their respective transmissions on display at Geneva. The Subaru's looks cheap, unsophisticated and not very robust. The Audi's looks like it means business.

I don't drive a Subaru because I can't afford to: it ultimately lasts less long, is less robust, less capable in tricky conditions, less comfortable and loses its value more quickly, certainly in this marketplace.

Benman
March 11th, 2005, 16:24
Benman, I think it's really sweet that you love your Audi so much that you can overlook its many foibles... can't knock a believer :dance:
Just like any good Husband or Wife would of their mate!:D

Subarus are awesome cars for the money, don't get me wrong. It's just that this is a similar debate to a Ferrari 360 vs the Corvette Z06. Similar performance for WAY UNSIMILAR prices. It comes down to quality and name brand. No Ferrari owner would admit that a Corvette is as good as his Prancing Horse so why on Earth would I admit that a Subie is as good as my Four Ringed Beast!:D
:cheers:

Ben:addict:

marks6
March 12th, 2005, 00:55
Benman, Good points, we agree I think.

Tailpipe, not really sure about the less capable in tricky conditions and loses value quicker...? Which tricky conditions have you found the Subaru lacking in out of interest when compared to the Audi. And quite difficult for a £16000-£30,000 car to depreciate as quickly as a £58000 car... yes that's the relative price of an Impreza (in various guises) vs an RS6 here in the UK... I know which one depreciates quickest in the UK... an RS6 would lose £10k in the first 5,000 miles... hard for a £16k impreza to lose 60+% in the same period surely