PDA

View Full Version : Question....NEED HELP??

incognito
February 25th, 2005, 06:50
I dont know if you guys know but with a Mercedes Benz you can open/close your windows beyond an arms reach distance (basically you dont have to have the key in the keyhole) ..... I have a cousin that lives in the switzerland and he said that he can do it with his audi also.... I asked him if he was fucking around with me and he said he can really do it... I just wanted to know if this is possible and if it is will it be possible to do it on the US cars. Thanks for the info.

RS4Ever
February 25th, 2005, 07:04
i think that that is ONLY possible when you have :

1) first placed the key in the slot
2) taken it out
and finally
3) NOT opened the driver door

example:
its like the radio feature will continue for another 5min also.

if you were listening to a cd while driving and then you stopped the car and parked and you even took the key out... the cd will continue and you will continue to hear music UNTIL you open the driver door. thats when it will stop.

i know some cars , even americano ones have this feature, however.. audi might also.. im just not sure. they probably do. i dont know.

Whats For sure:
what audi does have is a neat feature that you can lower all windows from the exterior driver door key slot by turning the key a certain angle.. i knw its on the A4/S4 (Even B6.. maybe from earlier) and cabrios... but A6 TT A8 not sure... could also.. but not sure.

good luck. i hope that helps some.

audirs6sport
February 25th, 2005, 07:56
Originally posted by incognito
I dont know if you guys know but with a Mercedes Benz you can open/close your windows beyond an arms reach distance (basically you dont have to have the key in the keyhole) ..... I have a cousin that lives in the switzerland and he said that he can do it with his audi also.... I asked him if he was fucking around with me and he said he can really do it... I just wanted to know if this is possible and if it is will it be possible to do it on the US cars. Thanks for the info.

Very simple, u just gotta change the code by using the handy VAG-COM. I've had this set on all of my audis, as well as buddies & etc. BMW also has this feature. PM me, and I can get you the details.

RS4Ever
February 25th, 2005, 08:19
incognito,

check out this site...
http://www.audivideos.com/Reviews.htm

there is a clip of the A8 and some keyless features... i just happend to bump into it.

the clip is...

"2004 A8L Review5th Gear-

A complete review of the 2004
A8L by one of the reporters of
5th Gear."

its found on the 4th column from the left
and 3rd row from the top

--------------------

however, what audirs6sport is talking about is what you might be looking for... sounds interesting.

:idea: i always learn something new here

audirs6sport
February 25th, 2005, 08:29
Originally posted by RS4Ever
incognito,

check out this site...
http://www.audivideos.com/Reviews.htm

there is a clip of the A8 and some keyless features... i just happend to bump into it.

the clip is...

"2004 A8L Review5th Gear-

A complete review of the 2004
A8L by one of the reporters of
5th Gear."

its found on the 4th column from the left
and 3rd row from the top

--------------------

however, what audirs6sport is talking about is what you might be looking for... sounds interesting.

:idea: i always learn something new here

If you are interested as well, shoot me a PM. It's actually an old trick. It's been around for a bit now.

nene
February 25th, 2005, 12:58
The feature is called Window Control with Remote (http://www.htms.org/lockmod.html). It's available to all Audi vehicles as far as I'm concerned.
If you don't have a VAG tool, you can use the VAG Locator Website (http://www.steve-hall.com/cgi-bin/VAG-Locator.pl) to find someone near you that can do this. Print out the directions on the site I sent you first.

Erik
February 25th, 2005, 13:24
This comes standard with your car and remote.

Stand outside the car, windows down. Just press the lock button and keep pressing it and the windows will go up.

:idea:

nene
February 25th, 2005, 14:58
Very good point Erik. One example is last weeks GTG I attended, where a friend had the code enabled, but he did not know how the feature worked.

As Erik mentioned, you have to press the button and hold it for a few seconds. Sometimes it may take 3-5 seconds before you see any movement, but usally not that long.

All windows will open if you press the unlock button on your remote, and hold it down. The roof will not open via this feature.

On the other hand, you can close all the windows that are opened, including the roof, by pressing and holding down the lock button on your remote.

RS4Ever
February 25th, 2005, 17:14
wow you guys are awesome..

i never knew that.

back in israel our insurance company required us to get a specific alarm system for the car... i think it was made by cobra.. anyways, we loved it because when you lock the car the windows would go up.

however, what your telling me is even better... maybe i dont want the windows to close when i lock - so i just dont press it long. And besides that it also closes the sunroof and can open the windows.. the cobra sytem we had didnt do that.

:cool2: that is really cool. thanks for sharing.

nene (or anyone else), is this only available in the rs6.. could i do this on any audi ?

JAXRS6
February 25th, 2005, 18:11
Originally posted by Erik

Stand outside the car, windows down. Just press the lock button and keep pressing it and the windows will go up.

I don't think US Audis come this way, Erik. We need to reprogram with a VAG COM tool to make the windows work by remote control.

With Audi and VW here, factory programming allows us only to use the key in the lock for windows up & down. Mercedes-Benz does have the feature allowing remote control in its US cars, per my girlfriend's C240. Why the differences, I have no clue.:confused:

nene
February 25th, 2005, 19:06
I've made this VAG mod on A4/S4/A6/RS6, so I assume it's available on all Audi cars. Only testing can tell though.

audirs6sport
February 25th, 2005, 20:25
Originally posted by Erik

It doesn't come standard, but the window modulator is std. It's like a hidden feature, you just gotta change the code to make it work. In addition, you can also improve your range by extending out the antenna wire.

RS4Ever
February 26th, 2005, 03:34
Originally posted by nene
I've made this VAG mod on A4/S4/A6/RS6, so I assume it's available on all Audi cars. Only testing can tell though.

Originally posted by audirs6sport
It doesn't come standard, but the window modulator is std. It's like a hidden feature, you just gotta change the code to make it work. In addition, you can also improve your range by extending out the antenna wire.

:D thanks guys.:asian:

incognito
February 27th, 2005, 06:08
Thanks for all the information guys... My brother has an e55 (had a c32) so i know how the remote works (I'm pretty sure the sunroof on the benz's open too)... I guess I'll be asking my service manager if he can hook me up and do it for me.. I prolly ask him about the running fog lights while driving with city lights, hopefully he can help me out... Thanks again for the information
:)