PDA

View Full Version : My new car comes in June - Quattroporte!

bilbozilla
February 24th, 2005, 16:18
I've got a few more months left on this board before my new ride arrives - an '05 quattroporte. Absolutely beautiful. I've been itching for a n/a ride for a while, and this is it. I'm going to miss the bullet-like acceleration of my RS6, but ciao bella! That engine! And with the sport package, I'll get better brakes than the reviewers have tested. I'll post pix.

Erik
February 24th, 2005, 16:51
You are more than welcome to stay! We love all sorts of cars and you can't go wrong with a Maserati!

Some nice pics.
http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3233&highlight=quattroporte

rks838
February 24th, 2005, 16:58
Better brakes than tested! Car and Driver tested the regular brakes from 70-0mph and got 153 ft.!

J0X
February 24th, 2005, 18:51
Excellent choice, it's fantastic in every aspect from what I've experienced... I got a chance to test drive one, and inspite of the fact that it was only like 4 or 5 blocks worth of driving, I could've gotten one right then and there.

If I didn't love the new RS4 so much, I would've got a QP to replace both the RS6 and the 3200 GT.

Looking forward to pics.

SpinEcho
February 24th, 2005, 22:37
Congrats on the soon to be new ride! Definitely a more stylish vehicle than the RS6, and with better dynamics.

You'll have to let us know what you think of the transmission (the British magazines like it about as much as the brakes)...

Croman
February 25th, 2005, 10:29
The Quattroporte is beautiful!
Good Choice!

Give us some pics when you get the car!

RS4Ever
February 25th, 2005, 17:37
wow thats great!

congrats:D

ricky71370
February 25th, 2005, 17:59
congrats. great choice!!!:thumb:

sturs6
February 25th, 2005, 22:48
Nice Choice,
I went the other day to the new Maserati dealer and checked it out. Trying to go back for a test drive maybed tomorrow. I was going to go with that car instead of the CTS-V but because of my situation I was not able to wait this long.
I hope you enjoy it and please do stay around.
:cheers:
Stuart

bilbozilla
February 26th, 2005, 01:41
The transmission in Auto mode is clunky, but I'm not buying it to drive it in automatic.

Klint
February 28th, 2005, 11:43
J,

Congrats!

Heard they tried to make it a competent sports car and a luxury car at the same time...seems it fails at both, according to the press. :confused: Besides, your opinions are welcome once delivery has been taken.:D