PDA

View Full Version : Trade XM box for Sirius?

highrustler
February 23rd, 2005, 20:45
Hello folks,

Have not posted in a while... Just wondering if any of you would be interested in trading your Sirius satellite radio box for my XM. I really enjoy XM radio and just thought it would be nice to check out what the competition has to offer. I see no other way in finding out who best suits my tastes without living with it for a while.

Thanks,
James

Bauer
February 23rd, 2005, 23:27
Hopefully Sirus will be around...I don't think their books are as strong as XM's, not to mention over paying for all their new talent.

market cap = to XM yet only 1/4 of the clients:vhmmm:

highrustler
February 24th, 2005, 01:43
I guess it would be cool if they both joined forces to provide the best of both worlds....

James

bilbozilla
February 24th, 2005, 17:39
Originally posted by highrustler
I guess it would be cool if they both joined forces to provide the best of both worlds....

Are you Xirius? I should have been in marketing.

highrustler
February 24th, 2005, 17:49
drumroll please....

:dance:

JAXRS6
February 24th, 2005, 19:15
Originally posted by highrustler
Just wondering if any of you would be interested in trading your Sirius satellite radio box for my XM.

I might be interested. Let me check with my FL dealer re cost to swap. Would your XM be removed by an Audi dealer?

ChargingA6
February 25th, 2005, 00:41
he has a sirius looking to trade for an XM.
do a search.

highrustler
February 25th, 2005, 01:55
I'll remove it myself because it takes all of 5 minutes. There are 2 or 3 plugs you disconnect from the box and you’re done. Once you get my box, you simply plug it in to the same connectors. The connectors are ‘keyed’ so you can’t screw up and make an improper connection.

James

momo
February 26th, 2005, 03:20
I love my Sirius and wouldn't trade it for XM. (Sirius has a better selection of channels I'm interested in.) As for the financial health of the companies, both are strong and innovative in different ways. XM has a bigger base because they started first, Sirius has more diverse programming and experienced managment. Competition makes it better for all of us!

As for trying both, the modules are easy to install by hand. But, you might listen on the website first.