PDA

View Full Version : New sleek TT design

Erik
February 23rd, 2005, 19:58
I like what I see :ttaddict:

http://forums.autoweek.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/31-11248-212198-1081/Audi%20TT%20coupe'-1.jpg

http://forums.autoweek.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/31-11248-212198-1082/Audi%20TT%20coupe'-2.jpg

http://forums.autoweek.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/31-11248-212198-1083/Audi%20TT%20roadster.jpg

R8isGreat
February 23rd, 2005, 20:20
WOZERS:trash: :thumb: :ttaddict:

Are the first 2 photoshops or just the 3rd one

Android
February 23rd, 2005, 20:58
Dang! Thatīs really good looking in my opinion!

5000S old skool
February 24th, 2005, 00:38
so how many sport coupe platforms is Audi planning on having? So far I've counted 3..

TT series
A5/S5 series
S9/RS9/LeMans series

RS4Ever
February 24th, 2005, 08:38
the pics are pretty small... just take a peek at the site below.

this TT looks a bit different:

Check Out the TT pics on this Site - Scroll Down (http://www.autorevue.cz/Bleskovky/AR.asp?ARI=3470)

tailpipe
February 28th, 2005, 15:57
These are all photoshop images, but the first one posted by Erik is pretty close to the final version. All of the features are correct, but the real thing just looks much more fluid with the different elements more seamlessly integrated. The new TT is a bit bigger than the last one, with more rear space. I just hope the interior design is as good as the last one; which in my mind is still the benchmark for quality and coolness in any category.

steffenr
April 6th, 2005, 10:38
I have heard something about an A4 coupe and also an a3 cab.

tailpipe
April 6th, 2005, 14:54
Audi's sports car model plans:

1. Between the A3 and A4 using the Golf/ A3 platform you have the TT coupe and convertible. New model will be slightly larger to provide more interior space for rear passengers/ luggage. But it will still be a 2+2 not a true four-seater. (You may have also seen a prototype fastback TT, but I doubt whether this will make it into production: if you want a practical TT, buy an S3)

2. Between the A4 and A6 you have the A5 (Nuvolari production version) as seen elsewhere on the forum, with A6 styling and a true 4-seater. It will be built on the new Matrix platform with dramatically improved front:rear weight balance. The convertible version of this model will replace the current A4 convertible allowing it to move upmarket and thus to be sold at a higher price. Given the niche status of the A4 convertible relative to other A4 variants, it isn't a parrticularly profitable car for Audi.

3. The flagship model for the Audi range will be the A9/ RS9/ RSR model, (production version of the Le mans concept). This will be a mid-engined focused 2-seat sports car.

I have heard nothing about a convertible A3 and think such a model would be highly unlikely. I also doubt that there will be an RS3 because there would be too much overlap with the TT, although an S3 must certainly be in development.

Thus, Audi's final line-up should look something like this:

1. A3 and S3
2. TT coupe and convertible
3. A4/S4/RS4 saloon, A4/S4/RS4 Avant,
4. A5/S5/RS5 coupe, A5/S5/RS5 convertible
5. Q5 soft-roader (based on A5 platform)
6. A6/S6/RS6 saloon, A6/S6/RS6 Avant,
7. A6 All-road
8. Q7 SUV
9. A8/ S8 saloon/ limousine
10. A9/S9/RS9 or RSR sports car

There has been talk of an A4 All-road for the next generation A4, but it is too early to know whether such a model would be viable. I guess it will depend on the extent to which the Q5, A6 All-road and Q7 overlap with each other cannibalising sales.

This is a pretty impressive model range and If Audi can sustain its quality then it will do extremely well. I'd make four comments about it:

1. The new SUVs Audi is developing will need to be very good considering how late to market it is in this category.

2. IMHO the A3 is the weakest link in the line-up; it is a better car than the Golf, but not better value than the Golf. The Golf is a very disappointing car, because it fails to move the category forward in the same way that the new A-Class has. I would have liked to have seen a replacement for the brilliant A2 (I own one), correcting its many defficiencies. It is such a cool car and so economical thanks to its aluminium body.

3. The next A4 will be the make or break car for Audi as a brand. It doesn't just need to better than the 3-Series but also the new C-Class and perhaps most surprising, the new Lexus IS. All of these competitors use a rear-wheel drive platform, while Audi has a Front-wheel drive dynamically inferior set-up. If the new matrix platform is a compromise solution, Audi will lose credibility.

4. Audi is meant to be all about technology. I think it is about time that we saw a hybrid solution, fuel cell or hydrogen powered prototype from Ingolstadt. Any car we buy after 2007, could be the last petrol model, because by 2015 it may be cheaper to manufacture hydrogen than to mine the remaining oil deposits.

Apologies for taking this thread off topic, but I hope the information will be relevant to members' future high-performance Audi model purchase decisions

Rrrrr...
April 7th, 2005, 17:28
i hope when the new TT will be out, they will sell the 3.2 DSG with the Novulari wheels.

It looks excellent with the TT.

If any of you are undercover for Audi... tell your boss...
there is demand... so supply! :w:
heh..

&nbsp&nbsp______
/&nbsp:revs:||:revs:&nbsp\
----------

96a4
April 28th, 2005, 22:51
thought the TT and the Allroad for the US were dead

Iceman
April 29th, 2005, 19:00
I like still the one below.

wfg, Hans.

audi713
April 29th, 2005, 19:29
Icemans right....that one is a 100 times better looking. :thumb:

steffenr
May 14th, 2005, 17:05
1. A3 and S3
2. TT coupe and convertible
3. A4/S4/RS4 saloon, A4/S4/RS4 Avant,
4. A5/S5/RS5 coupe, A5/S5/RS5 convertible
5. Q5 soft-roader (based on A5 platform)
6. A6/S6/RS6 saloon, A6/S6/RS6 Avant,
7. A6 All-road
8. Q7 SUV
9. A8/ S8 saloon/ limousine
10. A9/S9/RS9 or RSR sports car

what no more a2:cry: It will be missed:D or not!! thats a ugly car

I have heard about a rs8, A8 avant/sportsback and rs3, so it will be exciting to see what he future will bring.

steffenr
June 7th, 2005, 21:30
I just saw in auto bild that Audi is going to build an A3 convertible, of the looks from the pictures its going to be based on the sportsback witch should give some extra room in the cabin with the larger trunk.

http://www.autobild.de/aktuell/neuheiten/artikel.php?artikel_id=8887

freerider
June 7th, 2005, 22:54
Originally posted by steffenr
I just saw in auto bild that Audi is going to build an A3 convertible, of the looks from the pictures its going to be based on the sportsback witch should give some extra room in the cabin with the larger trunk.

http://www.autobild.de/aktuell/neuheiten/artikel.php?artikel_id=8887

I've got pics of those(not mine!). I bit crappy, but enough to see the car.

http://img8.echo.cx/img8/5605/a3cabriofront9259bm.jpg

http://img8.echo.cx/img8/8590/a3cabrioback3165kv.jpg

Greetz Johan

Exhaust
September 5th, 2005, 11:32
When I saw the first picture , I Thought "A new Audi with BMW M5-M6 Optik.

When I saw the other picture I really Changed my mind.

:)

RS4Ever
September 5th, 2005, 21:10
Originally posted by freerider

http://img8.echo.cx/img8/5605/a3cabriofront9259bm.jpg

hey guys, is it just me or does the grill look upside down:confused:

Kappe
October 20th, 2005, 00:10
LOL these pictures are very ols photoshopt ones. all fake..
The red 1 is the new A3 cabrio, But I dont know whats wrong in the picture, I saw other ones

Erik
October 20th, 2005, 00:21
They were posted in Feb ;)

tailpipe
November 10th, 2005, 18:53
Reasons to get excited about the new TT

I've heard a lot of mixed views about the new TT. Quite a few people seem to think it looks less pure than the orginal design. Personally, I need to see the real thing in the flesh before I pass judgement. I'm yet to be converted to the aesthetic appeal of the new single-frame grille, but the shooting break concept is in IMHO its most convincing application to date.

It's always difficult to follow-up on a classic, but I'm quietly confident that Audi will do an outstanding job. (Compared to Chris Bungle, Walta da Silva is doing a fantastic job - way to go Walt!) Perhaps more important, the new TT should be dynamically a lot better than its forerunner. That's important because the orginal version really had a sting in the tail before the spoiler and ESP program was revised.

I think Audi has made a smart move to produce the new TT out of aluminium. With a 250 bhp direct injection V-6, it will be anything but lightwieght when it comes to performance. It will certainly have a noticeable edge over other VW group cars using the same platform. Add the rear-bias quattro drivetrain, a well sorted suspension and a DSG auto and you have the recipe for a real RS contender.

For those of you who have not seen the interior of the new TT Shooting Break Concept shown in Tokyo, I am hearing that this is very close if not the actual interior that will be deployed in the new TT. Check it out.

As usual, the cabin design of Audi is a league above everyone else's. Very cool. Very 21st Century. Very certain to impress that blonde girl you fancy. It'll still be a 2+2 but at least the rear seats will no longer be a complete joke. The electronic systems are a big improvement too, especially next generation SatNav system and Bluetooth telephone integration. Audi should catch up with Lexus, but still no touch screen, I think.

The best news of all will be the price. For those of us who can't strecth to an RS5 coupe let alone the R9 supercar, the TT will be a worthy alternative.

Iceman
November 10th, 2005, 20:20
Audi will not produce the new TT out of aluminium.
The Car will be made out of steel and will have aluminium parts like front mudgards, engine bonnet, doors and tailgate.
This chages is done becorse of the exspensive production cost of a total aluminium car.
Further it is not sure that the new VR6 engines have FSI.

wfg, Hans.

Kappe
November 10th, 2005, 20:39
Omfg this guy from holland knows everything :D

So tell me where did you get al your information?

Iceman
November 10th, 2005, 21:00
Originally posted by Kappe
Omfg this guy from holland knows everything :D

So tell me where did you get al your information?
From inside Audi AG. :D

wfg, Hans.

Kappe
November 10th, 2005, 21:14
Originally posted by Iceman
From inside Audi AG. :D

wfg, Hans.

LOL in je dromen hahaha

RS4Ever
November 10th, 2005, 22:01
Originally posted by tailpipe
Audi should catch up with Lexus, but still no touch screen, I think.

i think that if its the issue of vendors to introduce touch screens to audi, then there is no problem.. probably an overflow of touch screens that were introduced to the company. however, i think that they dont want it to be touch screen due to all the finger prints on the screen which then changes audi's interior top notch look.

if thats the case, ill agree.. i wouldnt even want it touch screen.

tell me i have OCD, whatever, but when i see smudges on my wind screen i get pissed and must have it clean... and i dont even touch my wind screen.

:alig:

tailpipe
November 11th, 2005, 10:38
Hans,

I was told that the new TT is being built on the current A2 line Neckersarlum and that it will have steel plus aluminum chassis for stiffness, but body will be aluminium.

My friend at Autocar confirms.

Iceman
November 11th, 2005, 19:56
Originally posted by tailpipe
Hans,

I was told that the new TT is being built on the current A2 line Neckersarlum and that it will have steel plus aluminum chassis for stiffness, but body will be aluminium.

My friend at Autocar confirms.
Yes the new TT will be build of a mix of steel and aluminium.
What precise parts will be steel and what parts will be aluminium is not sure yet.
And the place where it will be build can be also Gyor Hongary.

wfg, Hans.

SoCal
November 16th, 2005, 09:51
Tailpipe and Hans, thanks as ever for all the good and detailed information.

Query: for any platform, what can we expect from Audi with respect to hybrids in coming years. It would be nice to see them take the lead with hybrid technology or other fuel-efficient alternatives in true performance cars, not just SUVs (which have room for the big batteries) or econo-boxes. Any thoughts or inside info?

tailpipe
November 17th, 2005, 21:11
I have little fact-based information about Audi's hybrid plans.

What I do know is that the hybrid concept of the Q7 displayed at Frankfurt was not much more than a few badges shoved onto the new SUV. It seems that Audi is some years away from fielding a viable hybrid model. Integrating electronic and petrol engines takes no small amount of careful engineering - and, as I'm sure everyone here realises, such cars are quite a bit more complex than their more conventional sister models. So I would expect Audi's development cycle to be at least 3 years. That said, it may be possible for Audi to buy quite a few of the key components needed off-the-shelf, which could shorten the development time..

More to the point, I think hybrid technology may prove to be irrelevant. Ultimately, the Lexus RX400h is not that much more frugal than a good diesel alternative would be. In fact, what I do know for sure is that Lexus is terrified that beyond the novelty value of owning a hybrid, there may not be a viable mainstream market for such technology. VW and Audi may share this point of view.

The real prize is the successful engineering of a fuel cell car that uses hydrogen to generate electricity that is then either stored in on-board batteries or used to power the car's electric motors. Toyota has promised to launch such a car by 2013. Mercedes-Benz, General Motors and BMW are all working on fuel cell technology and several prototypes have already appeared.

In absolute terms, oli supplies will probably never run out; but there will come a time when the cost of mining new deposits is greater than the cost of making fuel cell technology viable commercially. When this will happen is anyone's guess, but I think it will happen by around 2020.

The key unknown factor is how Chinese demand for oil will change the picture. If the Chinese economy continues to grow at its current rate and it equals America's oil consumption, then the cost of petrol could rise so quickly that we will see an accelerated development of fuel technology.

In the final analysis, we shouldn't be scared of this technology. Audi's Porsches and so on will still be around at least for our lifetimes!