PDA

View Full Version : buy RS4 until RS6 comes?

FredRS6
February 22nd, 2005, 23:43
Ok, I know I just bought the RS6 but the new RS4 seems really fun and comes in a stick!!

So I was just curious to see what you guys thought.

Put a desosit on RS4. If it comes to US, I then sell my RS6. I think the RS4 will be the same price range as the money I get for selling the RS6.

This way I enjoy the new RS4 for 2 years until the next RS6 comes to the US.

What do you guys think?

Just thinking:D

Benman
February 23rd, 2005, 00:33
Originally posted by FredRS6
Put a desosit on RS4. If it comes to US, I then sell my RS6.

What do you guys think?

Just thinking:D
Then plan on selling the Beast cause the RS 4 IS coming Stateside:bow: .

The only question that remains to be answered is if we will get the Avant (I hope we do, but nothing is confirmed as of yet) or only the sedan (like with the RS 6).

Ben:addict:

R8isGreat
February 23rd, 2005, 00:46
PLEEEASE Send the avant. PLEASE!!! Thats the only way ill get to drive one!!

Aronis
February 23rd, 2005, 16:11
Sorry, but enough is enough..

What is this strong LOVE of a WAGON?

My wife had to have a wagon when we had our first kid, so we sold the 626 and got a subaru LSi wagon.....

Bottom line, there is not much more room in the back and most of the time any cargo had to be kept below the cargo screen, and after a year or so she admitted the 626 had more trunk space!

Anyway, Avants are nice looking but give me a sedan any day (or better a coupe )

Mike

FredRS6
February 23rd, 2005, 16:49
Aronis I am 100% with you on this one.

I love the look of the sedan soo much more and the extra space doesn't justify the ugly look for me.

But then again, I might change my mind once I get married and have kids ;-)

No matter what, you just can't go wrong with either choice.

thanks

fred

Benman
February 23rd, 2005, 16:49
Originally posted by Aronis
Sorry, but enough is enough..

What is this strong LOVE of a WAGON?

Mike
Avants (Audi wagon) are REAL SUVs. Most SUVs sold here in america are nothing more than soccer mom mobiles. Yes, I've had a Suburban before (454, 2500, 4x4) but I'm not in to them any more. I'm not an SUV hater but a good "wagon" gives you everything a mainstream SUV (read NO third row seating: i.e. BMW X5) does with better center of gravity and with quattro, you still get the all wheel drive.

If you're a dog person (which I am) you can throw the guy in the back, put up the divider and go for a trip (we're also road trip people). We don't HAVE to have the Avant, just like em. After all, the ORIGINAL RS models were Avants. I wanted the RS 6 in Avant but it didn't make it Statside so the sedan did fine for me. If I had the choice, I would have preferred the wagon.

Also, if you don't mind completely filling up the back (i.e. no more rear window vision) you can fit WAY more items in the back than with a sedan.

Just my 2 cents worth...

Ben:addict: :rs4addict (but yes, either sedan OR avant RS 4 is SWEET!)

Aronis
February 23rd, 2005, 17:04
We have a dog now, and I agree that is a great benefit, especially if you have a large dog.....

I kind of figured that would be the big issue, rather than the load carrying ability, since for that rare need you can borrow a truck.....

But for traveling with a pet and a family a wagon makes sense.

Mike

Benman
February 23rd, 2005, 17:36
Originally posted by Aronis
But for traveling with a pet and a family a wagon makes sense.

Mike
Don't get me wrong, the RS 4 in Avant OR sedan would be awesome all the same. Either will make a fine addition to any garage:D .

I think some of us here in the States might like the Avant better simply because we can't get it. Once it's confirmed that it's coming, maybe we'll change our minds and get the sedan:hihi: Ah Americans, we're never content.

Ben:addict:

LIRS6
February 23rd, 2005, 19:42
I think the RS4 will be the same price range as the money I get for selling the RS6.

I would guess you will pay $15k out of your pocket, maybe more

Aronis
February 23rd, 2005, 20:20
That would still be much cheaper than a family trip to Disney and the RS4 would be much more fun than the Magic Kindom