PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me.. (B7 Size)

RS4Ever
February 20th, 2005, 18:52
But, after looking at an A4 B7 in the flesh, doesnt it look smaller than a B6 A4?

I was at the dealership in the day/night to check out the B7 looks.
there were two parked in between B6's. When you look at them side by side, they (the B7's) look smaller.

It think the effect comes from having the B7 front corners more rounded out (like A6) than the B6, and the the single frame grille encroaches over the bumper, which takes away the horizontal line of the B6 bumper which gave it a wider look. But again, could be me.

catalog shows the B6 @:
60.2" wheel-to-wheel width (front wheels)
76.3" mirror-to-mirror width
60.1" wheel-to-wheel width (rear wheels) - weird

B7 @:
59.9" wheel-to-wheel width (front wheels)
76.3" mirror-to-mirror width
59.9" wheel-to-wheel width (rear wheels)

the B7 is also 1.6" longer. Unnoticable and even with this added length it looks shorter.:vhmmm:

:eye: these width figures are so close and can even be considered as identical and unnoticable by the human eye.. but still somehow it looks smaller (by more than 0.3"):confused:

not that this is bad.. i still have to see the B7 S4, some claim it to look even more aggressive than the B6... dealer says should be in around march-april (2005), at least here.

------------------------------
DOes anyone know when the 4.2 FSI is due for the S4?
------------------------------

5000S old skool
February 21st, 2005, 00:33
wait wait.... the front of the B6 is wider than the back??
:confused: :vhmmm: :confused: :vhmmm: :confused:

RS4Ever
February 21st, 2005, 05:33
Originally posted by 5000S old skool
wait wait.... the front of the B6 is wider than the back??
:confused: :vhmmm: :confused: :vhmmm: :confused:

exactly.. by 0.1"

i thought it was quite strange but thats what the B6 A4/S4 catalog says. i can scan it.. if you have the catalog its the one where they have a nogaro blue s4 on the cover showing its front and all it says is "Audi 2005 S4 - A4"

point 1 of an inch (0.1").. thats pretty precise measuring going on. :looking:

when I had my land surveying class we went in deeper measurements.. but, for a tires tread, from center of tread to center of tread :vhmmm: .. you wonder if they would have fit a different tire with the same "size" that it would have been even front and back.. its like saying that all Coke cans that come from the factory have 330ml - which they dont - some are less some are more.

i dont want to sound like its a big deal.. because it really isnt.. it was just kind of strange to see that.

:cheers:

5000S old skool
February 21st, 2005, 16:47
could be that be one of the factors n the B6 S4 is notorious for understeer? Besides it being nose heavy.

RS4Ever
February 21st, 2005, 17:11
you made me check the catalog for weight..:D

here goes..

B7 S4 curb weight (lbs):
tiptronic: 3902
manual: 3825

B6 S4 curb weight:
tip: 3925
manual: 3825

Almost a 25 lb diet.. interesting improvement... tip went from 3925 to 3902.

:deal: manual still stays lighter by a person (not a large one)

5000S old skool
February 21st, 2005, 17:23
interesting...

icefire069
February 22nd, 2005, 07:08
You think they shaved some of the sound deadening materials on the B7 more than usual?