PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Audi Grille Article

RS4Ever
February 17th, 2005, 03:44
Click Me for full Grille Article (http://www.fourtitude.com/news/publish/Features/article_1044.shtml)

i never knew why ford models looked like (kind of - slightly) audis.
i also read once somewhere that ford was even critisized for looking like audis.

even with that FORD 500 (you know the :harass: 5.0 liter.. hehe.. :hihi: yeah right).. they really tried to get it to look european.. so they jumped on the audi tracks.

but to move from audi to ford and design ford with audi.. thats insane :trash:

RS4Ever
February 17th, 2005, 03:47
From the article...

"One of the most surprising critics of the “shield” grille is former Audi designer and current Group Vice President of Design at The Ford Motor Company, J. Mays. Quoted in the Times’ “Grilles Gone Wild” piece, the man behind former Audi designs such as the Audi Avus Concept commented, "Have you pulled out your pictures of the Edsel recently and compared them with the Audi?" "

here is what an Edsel looks like..

RS4Ever
February 17th, 2005, 03:48
pretty neat for those times...

RS4Ever
February 17th, 2005, 03:51
IMHO, Audi grille doesnt resemble the Edsel at all.. Audi goes waaaaaaaay back to when they used to have the grille on the race cars.

RS4Ever
February 17th, 2005, 03:57
here is the Edsel "Avant".. hehe... this thing looks retarded..:hihi: those headlights.. how they just stick out therepuke:

RS4Ever
February 17th, 2005, 03:58
sorry.. double post.. first pic shows only half:vhmmm:

here is the Edsel "Avant".. hehe... this thing looks retarded..:hihi: those headlights.. how they just stick out therepuke:

RS4Ever
February 17th, 2005, 04:08
CNN Article on FORD Edsel (http://edition.cnn.com/US/9708/11/edsel.anniversary/)

article is from 1997 so its (edsel) really 48 yrs old

"The Edsel, a car emblematic of automotive failure , is 40 years old this year -- or would have been, had the Ford Motor Company continued to make it. "

HAHA .. .. not for Audi.. not for the new A6 :bye2: (WORLD CAR OF THE YEAR):
:harass: :harass:
"Unfortunately for Ford, not enough car buyers fell in love with the Edsel. It became, instead, a synonym for failure, and something of a burden to those in the Ford family who bore the name. "

RS4Ever
February 17th, 2005, 04:34
btw.. if ound it and scanned it... here is that article I was refering to earlier (Above)..

this is from:

MotorTrend Magazine
Issue: Feb 2005 Vol. 57, No.2

i like the end about the blue oval branded cars.