PDA

View Full Version : Unlock without OnStar!!!

sturs6
February 13th, 2005, 00:32
Keys Locked In Car -- Very interesting!

For those who have a car that can be unlocked by a remote button on your key ring:

If you lock your keys in the car and spare keys are home, and you don't have "OnStar," here's your answer to the problem! If someone has access to the spare remote at your home, call them on your cell phone (or borrow one from someone if the cell phone is locked in the car too)!

Hold the cell phone about a foot from your car door and have the other person at your home press the unlock button, holding it near the phone on their end. Your car will unlock. Distance is no object. You could be hundreds of miles away, and if you can reach someone who has the other "remote" for your car, you can unlock the doors (or the trunk, or have the "horn" signal go off, etc.)

RS4Ever
February 13th, 2005, 01:56
that is very interesting.

can save you a huge headache.

i have to try it.

:360:

gjg
February 13th, 2005, 13:06
what type of cell phone and service provider do you use?

sturs6
February 13th, 2005, 13:25
Originally posted by gjg
what type of cell phone and service provider do you use?

George I have not tried it yet my cell phone was dead. :hihi:

QuattroFan
February 13th, 2005, 16:33
This is a rumour that has been around for years. It doesnt work.

J0X
February 13th, 2005, 19:06
I can't believe I ran down to the garage for this :D

It doesn't even work a little. CarGard T170C and SonyEricsson Z1010.

RS4Ever
February 13th, 2005, 19:21
if you want to trick your friends in a cool way.. try this:
(some of you may know this)

1) stand far from your car with your friend. far enough that the car doesnt unlock when you press the remote. show your friend that it doesnt work when you press.

2)now you tell your friend.. "now i will unlock the car using my brain waves by just looking at my car"

after you say that, point the remote to your head. point it to the temple on your head (the side of your forehead).. make it look as if you are going to transmit the remote signal to your brain and from your brain to your eyes to the car.

3) since the remote is now higher than usual it should be able to send the full signal for the car to read (at that distance)... and walla.. you can see the blinking lights of the car and know its unlocking.

tip-when you do step 1 - have your remote at a regular low level.

4) show your friend that without the "brain waves" it wont unlock by trying to press the remote at a regular lower level.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
first time when my friend tricked me i was like :vhmmm: "what the funk??"
it took me a second or two. and only when i was by myself once i attepmted to try it, and when i did i figured it was the height difference. :bye2: friend didnt want to tell me that.:hihi: so it made me try. pretty funny when you try it out and laugh at yourself for feeling like an idiot:confused: .
------------------------------------------------------------------------

kids are amazed by this.
show your girlfriend, show your wife..your friend.. a stranger.. you will get a good kick :hihi: out of it.