PDA

View Full Version : Suspension upgrade question

calemany
February 9th, 2005, 20:39
Recently I read several posts regarding the stasis upgrade for the suspension and I casually mentioned it to the dealer who didn't seem as bothered by this as much as a chip upgrade. Has anyone done this upgrade to their RS6?. I really don't need more power but the beast does float a little on winding roads. I guess that was done on purpose to pacify the older?? crowd. I'm interested in getting some feedback if there is any to be had. Thanks. C.

teamimola/rs6
February 10th, 2005, 07:40
my wheels should be done on Monday and i need suspension bad.
ive been speaking with the guys at apr about the stasis stuff. they say of course that it is an awesome kit.
I think it is awesome too, just not for 4 grand. I have also been in contact with bilstein and the say there pss9 kit will work fine. What worries me is it isn’t a rs6 specific application. It also goes on the a6 4.2. im waiting to here back from my friend who would be getting me the kit, if something is fishy or not right would I get my money back if it doesn’t work after we install it. Before we go through the pain of trying it I want to get a yes or no answer that it will work.
I really would buy the stasis stuff if it wasn’t so much $$$$$$ and im not driving on a track often although I will be sessioning a few times at the track. And, I want to buy some other stuff. Like an eismann cat back, daulback dps, and intake.
I just got the car flashed with revo engine chip, WOW this car is fast. I have dyno graphs which I will post later. And for only $899 . 387whp and 400w ftlb on 91 craptane (no tip chip)
Maybe we can buy two sets of stasis suspension like a group buy and get a better deal on the stuff?
Anyway if the pss9 stuff turns out to work fine I may go with that set up. But if a group buy were possible on stasis coilovers I would be in for sure.

gjg
February 10th, 2005, 12:08
I have no experience and no info about Stassis, do search the board for info as this topic got beat around several times ....

there is a noticeable difference between stock and plus suspension and it may be worth to check the pricing - you will keep it all stock.

:mech:

teamimola/rs6
February 10th, 2005, 18:33
stock sucks!
the seats suck, the drc sucks, and as far as im concerned, the tranny sucks too.
i need more road feed back. i feel like im driving a floating boat. with alot of power. its kinda not safe, diseptively fast. verry easy to come into corners hot.

iconcls
February 10th, 2005, 18:53
Originally posted by teamimola/rs6
stock sucks! i feel like im driving a floating boat.

Guess what, you purchased a ~4000 lbs street sedan. Physics is a bitch.

JAXRS6
February 10th, 2005, 21:55
stock sucks!
the seats suck, the drc sucks, and as far as im concerned, the tranny sucks too.
i need more road feed back. i feel like im driving a floating boat. with alot of power. its kinda not safe, diseptively fast. verry easy to come into corners hot.

If you feel that way, why did you get an RS6? Even if ordered new, it could have been refused at delivery.

The E55 and most recent M5 suffer from heft, too; neither make very good track cars, which also has been said by some about the stock RS6. If you want sportier handling for track use, maybe you should try a smaller sedan (e.g. S4) or a two-seater.

As for "very easy to come into corners hot," that sounds more like a driver issue. ANY car can enter corners "hot" if the driver is too aggressive or not used to the car.

"Need more road feedback" -- I agree with that one! As for the "floating boat" effect, I've found it somehow disappears when I start driving aggressively. "Deceptively fast" is not a problem for me, and I'd give DRC a mixed rating.

Re seats -- I would have loved Recaros, too, but we in the US paid a lot less for our cars than the Europeans who got Recaros. I don't recall the Euro price(s) but the difference was a lot more than the cost of Recaros. As for tranny, yeah, some owners have had problems; luckily not me, and I have no complaints about its performance.

But "kinda not safe" -- compared to what? AWD keeps it glued to the road better than most. The AWD also means different driving characteristics, especially at the track, and personally I benefitted a lot on that score by attending an Audi driving school a few years back.

gjg
February 10th, 2005, 22:08
stock sucks! the seats suck, the drc sucks, and as far as im concerned, the tranny sucks too.

you got a wrong car ... :doh: get an extender, that may release some tension ....:harass:

rs6+ stock suspension is different from stock, you can find some more coments on the subject searching here.

Of course seats ... well, Recaro is just fine for some lucky ones here. :applause:

JAXRS6
February 11th, 2005, 00:35
Originally posted by gjg
get an extender, that may release some tension ....

What's an extender? I noticed you also referenced an extender in a thread on the All High Performance Cars forum here, re BMWs I think, but I have no idea what an extender is or what it does.:vhmmm: Gustav too, on the other thread.

Benman
February 11th, 2005, 00:58
Originally posted by JAXRS6
What's an extender? I noticed you also referenced an extender in a thread on the All High Performance Cars forum here, re BMWs I think, but I have no idea what an extender is or what it does.:vhmmm: Gustav too, on the other thread.
I think he's referring to the "why old bald guys drive Porsches and Ferraris" :) (trying to word it nice).

Ben

JAXRS6
February 11th, 2005, 02:31
Originally posted by Benman
I think he's referring to the "why old bald guys drive Porsches and Ferraris" :) (trying to word it nice).

Ben

So...it's a reference to the ol' car-as-a-phallic-symbol routine, perhaps? :hahahehe: Can I say that here?:MTM:I was unaware that age had anything to do with it. I'm one of those old(er) bald(ing) guys, and by crackie, I remember the day when...when...what was I saying? Oh, yeah -- when I was young, even young Corvette drivers were accused of trying to make up for their small appendages!:hihi:

gjg
February 11th, 2005, 06:30
has nothing to do with age, on contrary ...... comon "b3/5" car's nickame in some areas is p****catcher" :harass:

Oh, yeah -- when I was young, even young Corvette drivers were accused of trying to make up for their small appendages!

:applause: :applause: :applause:

audirs6sport
February 11th, 2005, 09:53
I begin to wonder why Quattro GmBH slapped on the DRC system. Cost wise: good old nice coilover setup would definetely have been cheaper to produce. Wasn't the purpose of DRC was to combine comfort and bit more sports tuned suspension into one package, which is what this car is mainly focused on?

Aronis
February 11th, 2005, 22:09
Over the top perhaps.

I know the RS6 does not handle as well as my M3 did, but I'd be hard pressed to say it 'sucked.' Give me a break.

4000 pound car that eats up the road better than 99.9% of all cars including 2000 pound sports cars and the like.

Mike

SpinEcho
February 11th, 2005, 22:38

You need more common sense, not more road feedback. I can't believe people who complain about the lack of feedback or agility in a 4000+ pound sedan - go buy a Miata.

teamimola/rs6
February 12th, 2005, 00:03
i guess i should be watching what i say here. i wasn’t aware that id be opening Pandora’s box with this.
so what if the car is hefty. tell audi not to advertise it as there flagship sports car, sadan whatever. and if you try and tell me they think there s4 is there flagship sport car well, bin there done that with the b5, and my brother has a b6 s4 avant also we trade cars often, and that car sucked too until the h&r coilovers and big wheels, chip and full exhaust. i will say the b6 is a huge improvement over the b5.
if the car wasn’t meant to perform then the speed vision world challenge boys would have stuck to the s4s. and yes i know that rs6 car is totally gutted and resembles nothing as far as performance to its production counter part, but this car definitely has a lot of potential if your willing to harness it.
maybe its an age thing. all you old guys like stock. im 28 and have always modified my cars to my liking. so ill do what i want with my cars and all you old farts can do what you want with yours.
after im done i hope to see some of you in my rearview on the road or maybe at a track. oh i forgot you old guys dont think a 4000 pound car belongs on a track so i guess i wont see you there.
may you all enjoy your stock cars, and for those of us who want a more responsive Rs6 im organizing a group buy on stasis coilovers i spoke to my local stasis dealer and he said a deal can be made if multiple sets are purchased at one time. if anyone is interested please email me

JAXRS6
February 12th, 2005, 07:10
Teamimola, aside from profanity, personal insults and a few other restrictions, you can say whatever you want here. But don't expect us to roll over and agree just because you said it, especially on a forum for RS6 owners and enthusiasts.

So you think the RS6 sucks in stock form. What is your ideal car for a 4000 lb sports sedan in stock form?

PS - Thanks for your input re a group buy on Stasis coilovers. Some members here do mod & I'm sure they will welcome the idea. (added later) I might even be interested: I just got back from a spirited run (150) on a vacant rural road & noticed some vibration when braking. But I'm going to check with the dealer first & see if they might "shave" my stock rotors.

teamimola/rs6
February 12th, 2005, 07:53
im not sure any 4000 pound sedan is ideal for me personally stock. but i think with a little tweaking the rs6 will be ideal for me. sure i could go out and buy a more agile light car but it wouldn’t be practical for me at this time. and no matter what id buy id always want to make it better. E.g. Modify.
Would i want to make an e55 better? no. because Mercedes just isn’t me. i am very interested to see the real performance of the new m5. although I wouldn’t buy one of those either.
To get back to your question, I truly think that after I am done tinkering with this car it will be ideal for me, and i will roast (and have a lot more fun doing it) in a, as far as I’m concerned mildly modified rs6 any of the hefty sedan club. Ill probably give a few agile lighter cars a run for there money too.
Now as far as cost, because some may say how do you spend extra money on mods when you just paid 70, or 80, or 100k as some of you suckers out there did. I however I bought the car on eBay and if I told you what I paid you wouldn’t believe me anyway, so I have a lot of room before I get to have spent even 70k on my ride.
So the answer for about 75,000 after all mods are said and done, figure 550hp and handling on rails, and a great interior for those of us with carbon, and all the practicality as far as family and clients. Well I don’t think clients will understand the color coded gt3 racing seats im thinking of putting in the car. They are silver matched down the center and black around the outside. I’ve had them since my b5 s4 and wasn’t sure what to do with them. They should reduce a little weight and don’t worry, out here in Cali my tush wont get cold if I lose my seat warmers.
I choose the rs6 despite the slush box tranny. I’m starting to like the automatic around these parts (los angeles) with all the lame traffic on work days.

JAXRS6
February 12th, 2005, 08:51
A suggestion, Teamimola: If you want members of this forum to join you in a group buy for Stasis or anything else, you'd best avoid calling a big portion of us "suckers." (Thank you, God, for my not being 28 anymore!)

A couple of things you should consider. This "sucker" has enjoyed his RS6 since Aug 03. Yes, I paid more -- but I've enjoyed it much longer. And I know it wasn't abused because the original owner was me.

Also, if you mod heavily, you may pay the price at resale. The market for heavily modded cars is much smaller than for stock, meaning chances are strong you won't get close to the value of your mods when you sell. Too many mods might even make the car's value decline, as shown on another forum for B5 S4 owners. There, many owners go to the trouble of removing their mods before selling, because they've learned that heavily modded cars are hard to sell. For one thing, performance mods send a signal to prospective buyers that the seller was into driving the car hard and, therefore, it will be more "worn out" than a stock car. Doesn't matter whether that was actually done; it's the impression that counts. Also, mods void warranty for problems they cause.

Bottom line: the money you saved by buying used could disappear in wasted mod costs by the time you sell. Well, not totally wasted if you enjoyed them, but the savings from buying used could disappear.

SpinEcho
February 12th, 2005, 17:30
maybe its an age thing. all you old guys like stock. im 28 and have always modified my cars to my liking. so ill do what i want with my cars and all you old farts can do what you want with yours.
after im done i hope to see some of you in my rearview on the road or maybe at a track.

...as some of you suckers out there did.

28 going on 18 ....... :boring:

teamimola/rs6
February 12th, 2005, 18:19
your a clown :0:
get rid of all those cars you have and go buy a Bentley or something. 28 going on 18 that’s funny buddy.
id be curious how many guys out there in they're 20s even own this car.
thanx for the words of wisdom . i guess i deserved it Gramps

teamimola/rs6
February 12th, 2005, 18:34
yes i did buy used.
from some old guy who actually traded the car in for a Bentley.
it had 7k on the motor. i don’t think i need to worry.
as far as resale the first guy took most of the hit so i should be fine moded or not.
im surprised none of the, excuse me (more mature) guys on this forum didnt pull the , (you’ll blow your warranty) card out of the bag.

iconcls
February 12th, 2005, 19:17
You're a functionally illiterate troll that's not even worth engaging. Move along.

teamimola/rs6
February 13th, 2005, 00:05
i definitely wasn’t first at the spelling b nor was I great at large paper writing.
Sorry to get your panties in a bunch,
ill work on my"functional literacy".
:idea:

Benman
February 14th, 2005, 15:45
get rid of all those cars you have and go buy a Bentley or something. 28 going on 18 that’s funny buddy.
Why is Spin Echo a clown for moddifying his cars when you say you do the same?:vhmmm: Maybe he likes his cars he works on and decides to keep them. Nothing clownish about that.:confused:

As for age, I bought mine new at 27 years of age and I know for a fact that there are younger people on this forum who have purchased the RS 6 as well.

For all other members, I would like to speak on behalf of the rest of the So Cal members when I say not all of us are like this!:D

Ben:addict:

Erik
February 14th, 2005, 16:41
Allright, from now on please behave... :w:

JAXRS6
February 14th, 2005, 17:08
Originally posted by Erik
Allright, from now on please behave... :w:

Write on! Now maybe we can get back to Calemany's original questions about Stassis.

carlos
February 14th, 2005, 19:13
First i think the rs6 susp. could be better. I tried sportec springs and the ride got worst and very jumpy. Also the car got very low in the front and nothing in the back. The OEM was better.

Then i put the bilstein pss9 and wow what a diffrence, i ride in the softer adj. point and the ride is very sweet (sportc. 20 in ). I have lower it a bit and it looks much better. I have gone too the track once and it is much better then the OEM. I just put the same setup to my RS4 ( pss9) and have the same reply.

I am not an expert but my wifes 05 S4 OEM suspen. is much better and stiffer than both RS. I would not put any susp. upgrade to the S4.

That is my opinion

gjg
February 14th, 2005, 21:11
Originally posted by carlos
Then i put the bilstein pss9 and wow what a diffrence, i ride in the softer adj. point and the ride is very sweet (sportc. 20 in ). I have lower it a bit and it looks much better. I have gone too the track once and it is much better then the OEM. I just put the same setup to my RS4 ( pss9) and have the same reply.

dumb question - is that with Sportec springs or stock?

eph94
February 14th, 2005, 21:57
oh i forgot you old guys dont think a 4000 pound car belongs on a track so i guess i wont see you there.

Now THAT'S funny. :0:

Dude, there are quite a few of us that track our RS6's regularly. I had my car on the track eight times last year and autocrossed twice. I've also flogged the car at the ACNA driving school held at the Team O'Neil Rally facility... rotating the car with handbrake turns and getting mud all over the interior. I'd say not bad for an old guy.

Will you be at ACNA Nationals this year to be held at Le Circuit Mont-Tremblant? If you're as gung ho as you say you are, I'll see you at the track!

:rs6kiss:

gjg
February 14th, 2005, 22:04
Originally posted by JJV-MA
Will you be at ACNA Nationals this year to be held at Le Circuit Mont-Tremblant? If you're as gung ho as you say you are, I'll see you at the track!

taking any bets? Got 20 saying he will not .....:nono:

7:53 RS6
February 14th, 2005, 22:44
I guees my car is one of those that is geting a god whiping as well once in a while. Im still amazed of how much beting it can take and stock it is.

Guys havent you read Eriks previus under line text!

Don't argue with idiots, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.:D

carlos
February 14th, 2005, 22:50
Originally posted by gjg
dumb question - is that with Sportec springs or stock?

gjg
Thats pss9 coilovers whole system ( shocks, springs)

iconcls
February 14th, 2005, 23:40
Dude, there are quite a few of us that track our RS6's regularly.

Given how few RS 6's there are stateside, I've always been quite impressed with the percentage of us that track them.

JAXRS6
February 15th, 2005, 00:24
Originally posted by carlos
i put the bilstein pss9 and wow what a diffrence, i ride in the softer adj. point and the ride is very sweet (sportc. 20 in )

Just want to make sure I understand: By "very sweet," do you mean the ride is more comfortable than stock? If the Bilsteins do that, plus improve handling at the track, it's quite an accomplishment...and I may ask about them at a Florida meet this weekend where Champion Motorsports will be present.:D

Benman
February 15th, 2005, 00:51
Originally posted by iconcls
Given how few RS 6's there are stateside, I've always been quite impressed with the percentage of us that track them.
And I plan on tracking mine again as soon as I can!:0:

Benman
February 15th, 2005, 00:54
Just want to make sure I understand: By "very sweet," do you mean the ride is more comfortable than stock? If the Bilsteins do that, plus improve handling at the track, it's quite an accomplishment.

I know with the Evo MR, the Bilsteins have made a difference when it comes to the ride quality and have lost absolutely zero handling prowess so NO tradeoff! It stands to reason they can do similar with the RS 6 but I didn't know there was a set up available for the Beast.:0:

eph94
February 15th, 2005, 04:50
Originally posted by 8:29 RS6
Guys havent you read Eriks previus under line text!

Don't argue with idiots, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.:D

I apologize if my post appeared confrontational. I just wanted to let him know that RS6 driving enthusiasts do exist on this board and not all of us got the thing for show. Heck, I probably shouldn't be admitting this, but I haven't even waxed my car once. I'm not proud of that, but I got the car to drive it. Some people are the exact opposite. Different strokes for different folks. This old man likes to drive. (I never thought I'd be considered "old" at 32.)

My post about ACNA Nationals wasn't intended to be a challenge. If he plans on doing all those mods to his cars, I'd LOVE to see it at the track firsthand. It would be even better if we were in the same run group. At the track, I leave my ego at home; I don't care who passes me. Last year at Tremblant, there was a highly modded Mitsu EVO that I practically needed to commence my point-by when it was just a spec in my rear view mirror. He was blowing away everybody and spitting fire out of his exhaust. A couple of weeks later, though, I saw his car in the shop getting its tranny replaced. Needless to say, he was bummed and he said trashing his tranny wasn't worth the chest pounding at the track.

It's all good,
Joe

Erik
February 15th, 2005, 08:45
Pics from Nürburgring. After the right front tire blew up.

http://www.rs6.com/pics/Various/NS2004/Ringen-20040387.jpg

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3859&highlight=829+RS6

February 15th, 2005, 11:53
I apologize if my post appeared confrontational. I just wanted to let him know that RS6 driving enthusiasts do exist on this board and not all of us got the thing for show. Heck, I probably shouldn't be admitting this, but I haven't even waxed my car once. I'm not proud of that, but I got the car to drive it. Some people are the exact opposite. Different strokes for different folks. This old man likes to drive. (I never thought I'd be considered "old" at 32.)

My post about ACNA Nationals wasn't intended to be a challenge. If he plans on doing all those mods to his cars, I'd LOVE to see it at the track firsthand. It would be even better if we were in the same run group. At the track, I leave my ego at home; I don't care who passes me. Last year at Tremblant, there was a highly modded Mitsu EVO that I practically needed to commence my point-by when it was just a spec in my rear view mirror. He was blowing away everybody and spitting fire out of his exhaust. A couple of weeks later, though, I saw his car in the shop getting its tranny replaced. Needless to say, he was bummed and he said trashing his tranny wasn't worth the chest pounding at the track.

It's all good,
Joe

Dont apologize, im whit you. Nice pic of your car. It looks even dirtier than mine when we did mud sliding at the Flugplatz at the Ring. I guess im a old fart as im 34 years:p. The Strange is I feel pretty young thoug:hihi:

Erik please find the mud pic, i think mine avant is dirtier:thumb:

Erik
February 15th, 2005, 12:30
Erik please find the mud pic, i think mine avant is dirtier:thumb:

I'm not sure yours was dirtier, but it was dirty enough for everybody to think that you had been off the track of Nürburgring which you hadn't.

http://www.rs6.com/pics/Various/NS2004/Mudslide-21.jpg

All pics:
http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3870

February 15th, 2005, 17:06
Originally posted by Erik
I'm not sure yours was dirtier, but it was dirty enough for everybody to think that you had been off the track of Nürburgring which you hadn't.

http://www.rs6.com/pics/Various/NS2004/Mudslide-21.jpg

All pics:
http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3870

Tru, but i like the picture

carlos
February 15th, 2005, 18:44
Just want to make sure I understand: By "very sweet," do you mean the ride is more comfortable than stock? If the Bilsteins do that, plus improve handling at the track, it's quite an accomplishment...and I may ask about them at a Florida meet this weekend where Champion Motorsports will be present.:D

I never used the pss9 with oem 18 inch wheels i hade sportec 20 at the moment so i can tell you the ride with 20 inch and pss9 is at least the same as with oem susp. and wheels. What i consider better with pss9 is that i like a bit of a firmer ride in every day use and that was not the case with OEM susp.
My 2 cents

carbonLORD
April 10th, 2005, 20:27
...I didnt read past page one, but wouldnt a good, inexpensive set of H-Sport sway bars make all the difference?

They did for me on the A6 4.2. I have a set of H&R coil overs as well, but the H-Sports for 1/4th the price of coil overs made much more of a difference, especially in the corners.

Just a thought before you start ripping out all the DRC and spend big bucks on an aftermarket suspension system.

Bauer
April 11th, 2005, 06:09
RE: STaSIS set up.....the Motorsport set up is simply awsome....bottom line. I have tracked my B5 S4 3 times with it on there and glad the spent the money.....worth every penny IMO.

jgun81
April 13th, 2005, 04:56

I am 23 :) my RS6 is under my name and of course I pay
the insurance. Traded in E46M3 and got RS6 when it first
came to the states. Well...it's been a year and half, so I
must have been 21 when I bought my RS6.

audirs6sport
April 13th, 2005, 05:43
Originally posted by Benman
Why is Spin Echo a clown for moddifying his cars when you say you do the same?:vhmmm: Maybe he likes his cars he works on and decides to keep them. Nothing clownish about that.:confused:

As for age, I bought mine new at 27 years of age and I know for a fact that there are younger people on this forum who have purchased the RS 6 as well.

For all other members, I would like to speak on behalf of the rest of the So Cal members when I say not all of us are like this!:D

So Cal represent! =):D

audirs6sport
April 13th, 2005, 05:46

I've heard that phrase before from somewhere else.

audirs6sport
April 13th, 2005, 05:50

You can count me as one of them curious head counts. I got mine brand new with the gay dealer markup, waited 6 months for Quattro GmBH to build/ship the damn thing (that card they sent to keep the track of your car on their site was cool, did everyone else get this card as well?) It was when I was 19, about to turn 20 soon; I just turned 21 recently. Man I still miss "Day 1" when I picked up the car from Downtown L.A. Gotta love the new car smell! Especially a NEW RS6 smell.

audirs6sport
April 13th, 2005, 05:56
Originally posted by iconcls

Most RS6 owners are the so called enthusiasts. Otherwise, as far as price is concerned, they all could have bought a merc, bmw, etc. I would expect a good number of them to track their rs, or at least like to track other cars that they own.

audirs6sport
April 13th, 2005, 05:59
Originally posted by Bauer
RE: STaSIS set up.....the Motorsport set up is simply awsome....bottom line. I have tracked my B5 S4 3 times with it on there and glad the spent the money.....worth every penny IMO.

How about on RS6 though? I seriously want a response from an RS6 owner who has the Stasis setup installed & tracked at least once on their RS6.

Bauer
April 14th, 2005, 18:58
Call STaSIS...they have done several RS6's and I am sure they could give you some numbers to call.

http://www.stasisengineering.com/

Ask for Jason 1 707 935 9700 x119

nene
April 15th, 2005, 13:05
Someone got PSS9s installed (http://forums.audiworld.com/rs6/msgs/13730.phtml) . Try contacting him for info, other than what he's posted already, if not sufficient.

Ernesto (ERT)
April 18th, 2005, 22:40
For the sake of anyone who may search around the Stasis set up:

I have the Ohlin set up on my A6 2.7T. I am beyond pleased with the kit. And the adjustability (short of an on dash electrically controlled dampener a la A8) is superb. I've had the set up for 30,000 miles, and have use it as a daily driver (100 miles per day), and on the track (4 events).

My only initial problem was the spring choice was not ideal. It was a bit on the short side which caused rubbing, and it was a bit too stiff for the detoriating California roads. I put up a full review on AW:
http://forums.audiworld.com/a6/msgs/438605.phtml

I can adjust the suspension within 10 mins (all 4 corners), without the need of removing any wheels. Every instructor who's ever driven it (at the DE events) has raved on the balance of the car.

It took a while to get the thing sorted out (no fault to Stasis), but their customer support was above and beyond. They made sure that it was done right and not only that- that I felt satisfied as a customer- and this was with a late beta product.

It will be money well spent. I'll agree with Bauer- give them a call. FWIW- Bauer's race car might as well be Stasis' 4th Speed GT race car. 8^)

Cheers-
=ERT=

Benman
April 19th, 2005, 15:19
Originally posted by Ernesto (ERT)
For the sake of anyone who may search around the Stasis set up:

I have the Ohlin set up on my A6 2.7T. I am beyond pleased with the kit. And the adjustability (short of an on dash electrically controlled dampener a la A8) is superb. I've had the set up for 30,000 miles, and have use it as a daily driver (100 miles per day), and on the track (4 events).

Every instructor who's ever driven it (at the DE events) has raved on the balance of the car.

It took a while to get the thing sorted out (no fault to Stasis), but their customer support was above and beyond.

It will be money well spent. I'll agree with Bauer- give them a call. FWIW- Bauer's race car might as well be Stasis' 4th Speed GT race car. 8^)

Cheers-
=ERT=

High praise, sounds like a great set up!