PDA

View Full Version : A3 eater! The new 130i 260hp!!!

RS6rb
February 8th, 2005, 16:07
Hey!

BMW has introduced the 130i, the one series becomes really sporty!!! Don't forget that there will be the M1 later!!!
With 260hp, 300Nm and 250kph I think this car is the best of its category!

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50767

puke: Single Frame

Klint
February 8th, 2005, 16:22
This car is up there with the Phaeton, as the car's that deserve the 'Most Pointless Car of the new Millenium' awards. :boring:

Audihead
February 8th, 2005, 16:31
I love this and it really applies here:

jonas_dg
February 8th, 2005, 18:42
it is and will stay revolting...

steve
February 8th, 2005, 19:46
What's all the hype about?

Audi has the A3 3.2 with 250hp (ohoh, 8hp less) and more torque, Quattro-> all-weather performance, DSG available, and in Sportback. And the A3 doesn't make you puke: when you look at it:hihi:

A418TQTip
February 8th, 2005, 21:37
Originally posted by steve
What's all the hype about?

I agree. However, I'm afraid the 1-series is more of a driver's car... Don't know. I'll get a chance to drive the new A3 but not the 1-series (not here at least).

Yak
February 8th, 2005, 23:14
1-series a driver's car, right. I have to disagree (personally I have new shape A3). Anyway, I've only test driven the 120d, and while it's a nice engine, there's some problems in 1-series to make it a driver's car.

First of all, the visibility. Unless you have some kind of telekinetic abilities to move other cars away from you, you will eventually hit something. A person my size can't see out of the car, there's small mirrors, the rear window is very small as well, and in the front, A-pillars are blocking the view.

Well, aside that you can't see, the engine is pretty nice, plenty of torque. But when idling, the car shakes like a Zetor, a lovely diesel.

Other faults to the car are of course, difficult to get in, impossible to get to the rear seats, impossible to sit on the rear seats, impossible to take anything with you as there's as much space on the boot as in the TT.

So what makes this car a driver's car? BMW-batch? It's not bad to drive, but it didn't bring me any "ooh ooh" reaction either. Default seats aren't nice, they offer little sidegrip. Maybe I'm just missing something, but while I like the looks (it has pretty lines, which you can't see in the pictures), it's just bad car otherwise. Maybe 2-series will be better, when they've ripped off the backseats (ouh, doors I mean).

- Yak

A418TQTip
February 9th, 2005, 19:24
Originally posted by Yak
1-series a driver's car, right. I have to disagree (personally I have new shape A3). Anyway, I've only test driven the 120d, and while it's a nice engine, there's some problems in 1-series to make it a driver's car.

First of all, the visibility. Unless you have some kind of telekinetic abilities to move other cars away from you, you will eventually hit something. A person my size can't see out of the car, there's small mirrors, the rear window is very small as well, and in the front, A-pillars are blocking the view.

Other faults to the car are of course, difficult to get in, impossible to get to the rear seats, impossible to sit on the rear seats, impossible to take anything with you as there's as much space on the boot as in the TT.

So what makes this car a driver's car? BMW-batch? It's not bad to drive, but it didn't bring me any "ooh ooh" reaction either. Default seats aren't nice, they offer little sidegrip. Maybe I'm just missing something, but while I like the looks (it has pretty lines, which you can't see in the pictures), it's just bad car otherwise. Maybe 2-series will be better, when they've ripped off the backseats (ouh, doors I mean).

- Yak

Short answer: "driver's car" <> practical... Want something practical? Get a SW.

J0X
February 10th, 2005, 19:12
Too bad it still looks like a BMW.

Yak
February 13th, 2005, 04:00
Originally posted by A418TQTip
Short answer: "driver's car" <> practical... Want something practical? Get a SW.

Sorry to say, I don't agree with driver's car being another thing than practicality. If you want a drivers car, then it would be a computer-game by that definition.

There's no enjoyment in driving, if you can't see outside.

- Yak

A418TQTip
February 13th, 2005, 22:18
Originally posted by Yak
Sorry to say, I don't agree with driver's car being another thing than practicality. If you want a drivers car, then it would be a computer-game by that definition.

There's no enjoyment in driving, if you can't see outside.

- Yak

Well, I guess we'll need to find a new category for Lambos, McLaren F1, Jaguar XJ220, F40, etc, then...

Yak
February 14th, 2005, 01:54
Well, I guess we'll need to find a new category for Lambos, McLaren F1, Jaguar XJ220, F40, etc, then...

You can see pretty well outside from all of those cars, to front at least, not to behind. Anyway, what in your opinion makes 1-series that much a driver's car? I didn't find anything, it just didn't make me want one.

- Yak

A418TQTip
February 14th, 2005, 04:54
Originally posted by Yak
You can see pretty well outside from all of those cars, to front at least, not to behind. Anyway, what in your opinion makes 1-series that much a driver's car? I didn't find anything, it just didn't make me want one.

- Yak

RWD, lighter, puts out good numbers, etc... To me, the 1-series seems to be a more focused hatchback.

Yak
February 25th, 2005, 00:18
RWD, lighter, puts out good numbers, etc... To me, the 1-series seems to be a more focused hatchback.

Drive it and then tell me that. Numbers are the same for both, RWD in BMW, AWD is A3 (in faster models).

I don't see any advantage yet.

- Yak

Ltn
February 27th, 2005, 16:45
Meet the fact 130i doing the Ring in 8.35 and tell me it isn`t a driver`s car..