PDA

View Full Version : New S6,S8 & RS6

M3 owner
February 7th, 2005, 09:29
Just read this in a mag,thought i'd pass it on....whether it's true/false.

BMW's V10 is just the start.
Audi's response nxt year will b the S6 & S8 sports sedans,both powered by Lambo derived 5.2 Litre V10's.The S6 will b around 330KW & the S8 350KW.
The hardcore new RS6 is tipped 2 b powered by a twin turbo FSI version of this V10,dispatching 450kw 2 all 4 wheels.
Audi has also deemed this is an appropriate response 2 the forthcoming Merc E63 AMG packing 425kw from it's V8.

Also,the 5 series will b AWD nxt year,could we c a AWD M5 ??
Damn these r exciting times,somebody hold me : )

5000S old skool
February 7th, 2005, 21:50
Audi trying to beat M engines.

BMW trying to beat Quattro.

It cant get any better...

Aronis
February 7th, 2005, 21:55
No Doubt, an All Wheel Drive M5 would be at great car!

Or an AWD M3 also for that matter!

Ideal car! AWD, Four plus Seating, Two Door with a real back seat, and a convertible top, and POWER BABY POWER....oh sounds like some MB but without the awd, MB are you listening?

Mike

absent
February 8th, 2005, 00:49
Originally posted by M3 owner
Just read this in a mag,thought i'd pass it on....whether it's true/false.

BMW's V10 is just the start.
Audi's response nxt year will b the S6 & S8 sports sedans,both powered by Lambo derived 5.2 Litre V10's.The S6 will b around 330KW & the S8 350KW.
The hardcore new RS6 is tipped 2 b powered by a twin turbo FSI version of this V10,dispatching 450kw 2 all 4 wheels.
Audi has also deemed this is an appropriate response 2 the forthcoming Merc E63 AMG packing 425kw from it's V8.

Also,the 5 series will b AWD nxt year,could we c a AWD M5 ??
Damn these r exciting times,somebody hold me : )
I hope it's not a joke.

A418TQTip
February 8th, 2005, 00:57
Originally posted by M3 owner
could we c a AWD M5 ??

Don't think so... Why do you think the X5 4.6is/4.8is didn't get an M badge? Step + AWD. :thumb:

SpinEcho
February 8th, 2005, 03:13
Is it just me, or does anyone else here think that AWD BMW's are just plain wrong?

5000S old skool
February 8th, 2005, 12:27
Well, I think that AWD would be good on the other 5 and 3-series models. But I dont think it would be good on an M Car. M has always rear wheel drive and thats one the main reasons I love M cars.

RS - Turbo AWD
M - N/A RWD

Aronis
February 8th, 2005, 15:18
The X5 4.6 was never meant to be an M car, it engine is not an M engine.....etc....

I don't think that an AWD M car is such a stretch.

AWD is an attractive option to many buyers, such as some who have purchased/leased an RS6....

For example ME....I would have gotten an M5 w/ AWD if it had existed. I had an 330 ix on order, but really wanted something a bit bigger since my son is getting older...needs more room in back. That is when I went from considering an M5 to an A6 4.2. Now that car was not quick enough for me and I was toying with getting rid of it to get an M5, to hell with the snow, but the RS6 was still available to my surprise, in fact they had three on the lot!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I have to agree with the rear wheel drive car being a purist's sports car, but I am quite sure that BMW will overcome any losses associated with the new AWD system.

The 330 ix is a very well handling car and the X5 for a big high vehicle handles quite well as well...

Mike