PDA

View Full Version : Leather/Cloth Interior

tfischer
January 29th, 2005, 16:24
I am looking to buy an RS6 Avant and have seen one on the web which looks like the right spec. The one thing I am unsure about is the "Leather/Cloth" seats. Apparently the "cloth" is a high tech material which is rubber-like and was quite common in RS4's.

I haven't yet seen it myself. The car is about 100 miles away and before I make the trip, just wondered if anyone has an opinion on this.

It is the only RS6 I have seen advertised with this which makes me wonder if I will have trouble when it comes to selling it. Equally, this may enable me to get a better deal if I buy it.

Anyone seen or bought this interior combination? What do you think?

rks838
January 29th, 2005, 18:07
This is probably Alcantara, a grippy "cloth" material that actually feels more like suede. It doesn't feel out of place in this class of car - its purpose is to hold the driver in his seat better while he corners. It's also used on many steering wheels in racing series, so it's not a bad thing at all. If you've ever seen another RS6, the interior roof is an Alcantara material.

Minou
January 29th, 2005, 18:12
If it is Alcantara then it is good. I had that combination in my S6 and one is gripped well by the seat. I have just bought an RS6 that is all leather and it is very slippy.

Erik
January 29th, 2005, 18:14
Hi and welcome! What's your location? US? UK? EU?

Sounds more like the high tech "plastic" that is more rubber like.

I've spent quite long drives with this interior, works perfect!
Alcatnare looks/feels more luxury but I would probably prefer the high tech over the alcantara for daily use/longer drives.

Check all the links out.

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3638&highlight=high+tech

http://www.rs6.com/pics/Various/Moller-5.jpg

Hy Octane
January 30th, 2005, 02:25
Hey Eric! Where did you get those RS6 floormats from? Me Want!:addict: :rs6kiss: :cry:

Erik
January 30th, 2005, 11:22
Originally posted by Hy Octane
Hey Eric! Where did you get those RS6 floormats from?

Do a search on floor mats, loads to find!

tfischer
January 30th, 2005, 12:27
Thanks guys. This is very helpful.

To answer Eric's question, I am based in the UK. Just in the process of selling my M5 and will then buy the RS6.

plus
February 3rd, 2005, 15:33
get the leather option - its far nicer.........
:0: :0: :0: :0: :0: :addict:

tfischer
February 8th, 2005, 10:48
While the high tech cloth might be very practical and provide good grip, I feel it makes the interior look cheap. I also think it will make the car hard to sell.

Thanks to all for your input.

gjg
February 8th, 2005, 12:52
Originally posted by tfischer
While the high tech cloth might be very practical and provide good grip

leather Recaro provides sufficient grip for day to day driving imho. And I agree that the hi-tech appearance is cheap ....