PDA

View Full Version : News Flash!!!

audirs6sport
January 29th, 2005, 05:43
This post is just a heads up on GIAC software for the Audi RS6.
Few weeks back, there was a single rs6 owner who wished to have his car chipped with giac software and run an awd dyno test @ hartmann automotive in Torrance, CA. The results were very poor, massive dips as well as bit of power loss in upper rpm power band, but very slight increase in lower rpm. Garret's sidekick rep stated that the GIAC software is still incomplete... That gets me thinking, does that mean GIAC has been selling software that wasn't complete for 3K+????
:eek:

NWRS6
January 29th, 2005, 08:27
Hmmmm....very strange. I have the GIAC software and tip chip and have been very happy.

Simply put, when I have the RS6 set to stock, my 996 Turbo beats it badly. When the RS6 is chipped, it is only slightly slower than the 996TT.

I will be testing the RS6 against my SL55 once the weather is better.

Bear in mind that I do fill up my cars with 94 octane here in Canada.

Jerry D
January 29th, 2005, 13:15
If ever you need a second driver to help you with your "testing" in Canada. I would be happy to help. I am in Toronto

:addict:

Jerry D

NWRS6
January 30th, 2005, 00:54
Unfortunately, I'm in BC so might be a bit far for you :)

On a sidenote, it is highly advisable to replace the divertor valves with aftermarket such as Forge.

Chipping and bad DV's will result in the exaggeration of power loss, surging etc.

Jerry D
February 1st, 2005, 01:56
No problem. I would be willing to fly out to you for the "testing"

:)

Jerry D

Silversleepa
February 1st, 2005, 02:12
Did you change the down pipes/cat back as well..?

NWRS6
February 1st, 2005, 04:21
Fly out!!:applause: and then we go testing:incar:

And no, I did not replace the downpipes. Just what's listed on my signature.

These few mods really made the RS6 a beast!!!:addict:

FredRS6
February 1st, 2005, 04:55
i am getting the GIAC sofware put in next week. I am getting the miltek exhaust/flow cats too. I will try to get the car dynoed before and after.

I know Garrett and Andrew very well and had the software on my TTX50 and Cayenne Turbo. All I can say is that the cars rocked! GIAC always backs up their numbers so if you have problems, they would for sure fix any issues.

Will post details as soon as I can.

audirs6sport
February 2nd, 2005, 21:55
Originally posted by FredRS6
i am getting the GIAC sofware put in next week. I am getting the miltek exhaust/flow cats too. I will try to get the car dynoed before and after.

I know Garrett and Andrew very well and had the software on my TTX50 and Cayenne Turbo. All I can say is that the cars rocked! GIAC always backs up their numbers so if you have problems, they would for sure fix any issues.

Will post details as soon as I can.

Hey Fred, by any chance, are you near the California Speedway at Fontana? I'd like to run down the strip against you if you ever do get a chance. Just for fun, nothing more or less. :D

FredRS6
February 2nd, 2005, 21:58
Would love too but I am in NorCal. Menlo Park, CA which is next door to Palo Alto.