PDA

View Full Version : Question???

incognito
January 26th, 2005, 07:05
Does over inflating a tire cause air bubbles?

vBob
January 27th, 2005, 06:50
it shouldn't. bubble in the sidewall of a tire is almost always a manufacturing defect... or so I'm told. if high pressure creates sidewall bubbles then most tires should expire in the summer especially during heat wave, eh?

I imagine bubbles in the sidewall is more noticable when the tire is inflated.

nene
January 27th, 2005, 12:41
Hitting potholes can also cause bubbles on the sidewalls.

RobertV
January 27th, 2005, 15:32
When the tire is so underinflated that the car rides on the rim with the tire sidewall compressed so much that it damages the side wall (just like Nelson stated with the pot hole issue.)
We do have some nasty potholes here in Yorktown, did you hit any recently?
Also, what tire are you running on the beast these days?

nene
January 27th, 2005, 16:40
Funny enough I put on the WinterSport M3's on the beast (255x40x18) that I put on the stock rims. However, the car has been in the garage for most of the Winter.

Looking for a set of Michelin PS2 for the new Volk rims. Just need time to consult with my Direct Tire friend on things.

JAXRS6
January 27th, 2005, 17:09
When checking for bubbles, don't forget the need to look at the inboard side of your tires, too. I had a big one on the factory Bridgestone Potenzas that came with my 2000 S4 (not S03s) & it would not have been seen but for a swap to winter treads. Don't know how it got there; car had 15K miles when I bought it.

Erik
January 27th, 2005, 17:25
CHECK THIS!!!

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4612&highlight=goodyear

http://www.rs6.com/gallery/data/503/2HC20040018.JPG

smeeg
January 30th, 2005, 05:45
yea rob we take rt118 when comming home, they got some killer long potholes..im not even sure if i should call them that, like a freakin small pool thats very long lol...they semi fixed it a while ago....were like the 2nd richest county(westchester) and the fuckers cant even fix the road....
p.s dont hold me on the 2nd richest county, people have just told me...but sounds correct, some killer taxes around here...

incognito
February 3rd, 2005, 04:42
I have the P-Zeros...255/40 i believe..18in...it is on the sidewall of the tire....Under inflating a tire causes more wear i believe...Everyone hits potholes... It just seems fishy cause i brought it in for service and asked them to fill up the tires, then all of a sudden I have a bubble... I dont know...beats me..