PDA

View Full Version : 750hp 4,5sec H2

gnomik007
January 22nd, 2005, 22:18
Hi.I have recently read on the net that US company named breathless perfomace have a tuning kit for H2 that brings it to 750hp and 4,5 sec start,which brings huge ugly monster into rs6 territory.To be honest, if I was to see H2 accelerate faster than RS6,I'd probably think I was going CRAZY.I am not sure that such increase in power output benefits the life of the engine and especially the tranny.On their site they don't give any info on wheather any mods have been done to the gearbox.I doubt that stock box can cope with all the might of such engine.I am asking for your thoughts on the subject.How reliable do u think such car is and although it is clear that such perfomace is not for a monster car like H2,would you buy anything like it?Call me stupid, but I would.Imagine the face of any driver, behind say M3 for example, when he sees H2 rear driving away :)

Check it here (http://www.breathlessperformance.com/products/Hummer%20first%20page.asp)

jackal
January 23rd, 2005, 16:19
what about the environment?? It's a huge pollutter (or what it's called) already and now lets tune it and use even more gas... That is just so american... :S

SSpray
February 7th, 2005, 04:38
Breathless is very near to me.
I spoke with them a bit about doing some of their work to my H2.

Good stuff.

gnomik007
February 7th, 2005, 10:59
Originally posted by SSpray
Breathless is very near to me.
I spoke with them a bit about doing some of their work to my H2.

Good stuff.

AND:)

What sort of stuff,tell more

gjg
February 7th, 2005, 11:27
Originally posted by jackal
what about the environment?? It's a huge pollutter (or what it's called) already and now lets tune it and use even more gas... That is just so american... :S

uh uh ..... now what are the emissions of RS6 running on the Autobahn at 280 km/h ?

oh, I've forgot, in Denmark you are in jail for 10 years for hat speed, not to mention the assxation, ehrn taxation on the polutants (vehicles that is)....

so, you are just envious, aren't you ....:harass:

a huge pollutter (or what it's called)

this is called a gas hog ... :applause:

jackal
February 7th, 2005, 14:31
hehe... I don't own a car. And won't for some years, because we pay so high taxes on the car plus a yearly tax for the car. that tax is even higher the more the car pollutes....

A H2 in Denmark costs 291,000.00 $ and the yearly tax on the car is about 3000 $ and when this car needs gas your gonna pay 1.5$ pr litre (oktan 92)... and much of this is because of how much the car pollutes... :(

Now tell me, does the americans pay so much for their cars?? :confused:

mr
February 7th, 2005, 16:04
jackal

hehe... I don't own a car. And won't for some years, because we pay so high taxes on the car plus a yearly tax for the car. that tax is even higher the more the car pollutes....

A H2 in Denmark costs 291,000.00 $ and the yearly tax on the car is about 3000 $ and when this car needs gas your gonna pay 1.5$ pr litre (oktan 92)... and much of this is because of how much the car pollutes...

Now tell me, does the americans pay so much for their cars??

Well .. I think we had this discussion some time ago!!!!
I don't think you will come to an end with such a discussion here -> there are just different ways of thinking about air pollution and so on.

just my 2 cnt

jackal
February 7th, 2005, 17:50
Originally posted by mr
Well .. I think we had this discussion some time ago!!!!
I don't think you will come to an end with such a discussion here -> there are just different ways of thinking about air pollution and so on.

just my 2 cnt

Could be and yes we will not come to an end of it... :)

RS4Ever
February 7th, 2005, 18:48
Originally posted by gjg
uh uh ..... now what are the emissions of RS6 running on the Autobahn at 280 km/h ?

this is called a gas hog ... :applause:

the deal about the H2 is that it pollutes or should i say uses more gas even without going 280 ..

according to edmunds:

rs6:
EPA Mileage Estimates: (City/Highway)
Automatic: : 15 mpg / 22 mpg

and the H2 (standard base- not tuned to 4.5 sec):
2005: they didnt have any figures
2004: no figures either (maybe they couldnt post (-) Minus or negative milage:hihi: )
2003: Still No Luck Finding It - Click Here - Whole Review - No Figures (http://www.edmunds.com/reviews/preview/articles/48954/article.html)

"Despite being billed the Son of Hummer, the H2 can hardly be called small. At 6,400 pounds, it is approximately 700 pounds lighter than the H1, but it still outweighs the competition, including behemoths like the Cadillac Escalade and Lincoln Navigator, by 700 pounds. And it is a full 1,000 pounds heavier than the Land Rover Range Rover and the Mercedes-Benz G500."

gnomik007,

besides who would want to take any :vhmmm: corner in a hummer? a hill why not.

the image of the h2 showing its rear to an m3 might be a cool one. however.. if the h2 is going that fast:MTM: .. its probably headed straight for a gas station- while the m3 passes the next 2-3 stations.

also, whats going to be more stable at 280kmh.. an rs6 or the h2..hehe:race: