PDA

View Full Version : Yellow RS6? Carbon Fiber Interior?

R8isGreat
January 22nd, 2005, 17:08
Look at this Ebay aucton and tell me what you guys make of it. It says it is the only on in US.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4520559262&category=6055

I wasnt aware of a Carbon Fiber option on the beast!

Tim:addict:

Here it is again!!
Ebay Link (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4520559262&category=6055)

Scott-man
January 22nd, 2005, 20:57
It is probably the only YELLOW RS6 in the US or anywhere for that matter. Carbon Fiber trim was an option on the RS6. My guess is that 60-80% of the RS6's that I have seen have the carbon fiber trim option.

J0X
January 22nd, 2005, 22:00
I don't think I've ever seen one without the carbon fiber? What else is there to choose from? Wooden?

Scott-man
January 22nd, 2005, 22:20
Yea, you are probably right. It may be more like 90% of the RS6's that come with carbon fiber. Although most people prefer it, I really did not like the carbon fiber. It was pretty difficult to find a RS6 without it when I purchased mine.

Mine has the standard gray poplar wood like a regular A6. Europe was originally going to have aluminum and black piano wood as options but I can't recall ever hearing about anyone getting either.

sturs6
January 23rd, 2005, 01:43
No it is not the only one. Check this one out...

chewy496
January 23rd, 2005, 03:30
And this one... (My favourite ;))

http://www.rs6.com/forum/attachment.php?s=&postid=11973

jackal
January 23rd, 2005, 16:29
Originally posted by Scott-man
Yea, you are probably right. It may be more like 90% of the RS6's that come with carbon fiber. Although most people prefer it, I really did not like the carbon fiber. It was pretty difficult to find a RS6 without it when I purchased mine.

Mine has the standard gray poplar wood like a regular A6. Europe was originally going to have aluminum and black piano wood as options but I can't recall ever hearing about anyone getting either.

Have not seen any audi with alu only BMW's...

Erik
January 23rd, 2005, 16:34
Originally posted by jackal
Have not seen any audi with alu only BMW's...

5TG Decorative trim matt brushed aluminium is quite common actually.

http://www.rs6.com/forum/attachment.php?s=&postid=4639

jackal
January 23rd, 2005, 21:01
okay... see then I learn something new today... :D

But I think I would take the carbon trim... :)

mikkers6
January 28th, 2005, 10:38
Mine has aluminium....................................makes it even more sportive..................

:bigeyes:

Finnus
January 28th, 2005, 15:18
Personally, I much prefer the carbon fiber interior to the poplar.

The RS6 on ebay is almost up to $75,000 with 30 bids. That's good news for resale.

Finnus
:addict:

Benman
January 28th, 2005, 15:39
Originally posted by Finnus
Personally, I much prefer the carbon fiber interior to the poplar.

The RS6 on ebay is almost up to $75,000 with 30 bids. That's good news for resale.

Finnus
:addict:
Yes indeed. I think all this talk from others about poor resale originally started from BMW spies!:D It's all propaganda to make us convert!:D

Ben:addict: (Make mine RS 6!)

k2
February 4th, 2005, 15:17
Sturs,

That yellow with the yellow wheels is in Sth Florida. I've seen it a couple of times. It might be one of the ugliest cars I have seen. Yellow does not look right on the saloon (better on the estate car). The yellow wheels are train wreck.

I think Champion Motorspots did the wheels ... sorry but someone had a brain fart on that one.

K

RS4Ever
February 5th, 2005, 00:16
Originally posted by k2
Yellow does not look right on the saloon (better on the estate car).
K

i'll agree to that.. IMHO, the louder colors do look much better on the estate:cool2:

its the window tinitng that gives it even more of that sport look.
like the red rs6 avant in one of the gumball videos.

sturs6
February 5th, 2005, 00:35
Originally posted by k2
Sturs,

That yellow with the yellow wheels is in Sth Florida. I've seen it a couple of times. It might be one of the ugliest cars I have seen. Yellow does not look right on the saloon (better on the estate car). The yellow wheels are train wreck.

I think Champion Motorspots did the wheels ... sorry but someone had a brain fart on that one.

K

K2 you are exactly right that is were it is located and they did the wheels.

RS4Ever
February 5th, 2005, 05:01
Originally posted by RS4Ever
i'll agree to that.. IMHO, the louder colors do look much better on the estate:cool2:

its the window tinitng that gives it even more of that sport look.
like the red rs6 avant in one of the gumball videos.

i meant RS4 avant