PDA

View Full Version : Real photo of new Bentley Flying Spur sedan

Paldi
January 19th, 2005, 05:24
This, ladies and gents, is the Continental GT and Phaeton based 4-door to be built in Dresden along side the Phaeton.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v203/Paldi/p8895.jpg

Benman
January 19th, 2005, 15:40
A lot nicer looking than the Rolls.

5000S old skool
January 19th, 2005, 16:40
whats the $$ tag on it?

Paldi
January 19th, 2005, 17:00
Not certain, but I have heard around $175,000 for twin-turbo W12, six speed, 4 seater. Options and custom build selections could add $$ significantly IMHO.

http://www.canadiandriver.com/news/05images/06flyingspur_1.jpg

http://www.canadiandriver.com/news/05images/06flyingspur_2.jpg

5000S old skool
January 19th, 2005, 17:16
This is gonna give the Rolls a hard time.. GO VAG!!

:thumb:

Another question, does anyone know if the W12 Bi-turbo will be reserved for Bently only? or will it find its way into Audi models? personally I don't fancy the W layout very much. I would rather not have it come to Audi.

Benman
January 19th, 2005, 17:25
Originally posted by Paldi
Not certain, but I have heard around $175,000 for twin-turbo W12, six speed, 4 seater. Options and custom build selections could add $$ significantly IMHO.

If that's the case and it truely ends up being $175K- $185K, then who who spend the $125-$130K on the A8 W12 when you can get the prestige of the Bentley for $50K more? Bentley will have a winner on their hands!

J0X
January 19th, 2005, 18:53
I don't know, it kinda looks like a Chrysler. I would much rather drive an A8.

RS6rb
January 20th, 2005, 21:36
Oh no!!!

Look what they did to Bentley!!! It's look like a german car!!! And it assembled in Germany!!! The Phantom is really better than this and more luxurious!!! This Bentley is simply hideous puke:

Hideous like the single frame!!! :w:

Benman
January 21st, 2005, 00:30
Originally posted by RS6rb
Oh no!!!

Look what they did to Bentley!!! It's look like a german car!!! And it assembled in Germany!!! The Phantom is really better than this and more luxurious!!! This Bentley is simply hideous puke:

I know to each their own but come on. How can this be hideous, yet the "rolling brick wall/ barnyard door" Phantom look "better"?:vhmmm: I have have a hard time swallowing that one.

5000S old skool
January 21st, 2005, 01:07
Doesnt seem big compared to a 7 series, Rolls, or A8 L.. Looks like the back is cramped, and for this class of cars the back seat is usually the main focus.

Paldi
January 21st, 2005, 01:39
I donno, looks like a lot of knee space...

http://www.autoweek.nl/images/480/8896.jpg

clam
January 21st, 2005, 02:28
Another question, does anyone know if the W12 Bi-turbo will be reserved for Bently only? or will it find its way into Audi models? personally I don't fancy the W layout very much. I would rather not have it come to Audi.

Too late: A8 W12, TT&A3 3.2 VR6.

I don't know why you don't like 'em. It's a clever piece of engineering. There are a lot of misconceptions about it, though. The VR6 is NOT a V-engine, and the W12 does NOT have four cylinder banks.

http://www.geocities.com/gkurka2001/CarTech/tech_engine_packaging.htm
Here's a great page on the VR-layout. Well worth your time.

5000S old skool
January 21st, 2005, 15:57
Thanks for the link :0: very informative. However, I aleady knew how the VR and W layout worked. Yet, The W12 in the A8 L produces only 420hp which is not what I would expect from a 6.0 liter 12 cylinder engine. It also seems like alot of weight packed into a small space and not spread out, which could make it extremely nose heavy.

5000S old skool
January 21st, 2005, 15:58
Originally posted by Paldi
I donno, looks like a lot of knee space...

http://www.autoweek.nl/images/480/8896.jpg

Oooo that is alot of knee space.. ok nvm what I said about it being small then..

v8amg
February 27th, 2005, 11:26
They really have screwed up on that model. Funny posts saying it will give Rolls trouble, no it won't! The Phantom V12 is a class machine, elegant and powerful, that Bentley just looks like a jacked up VW now. The Arnage RL is where the class is at, not that monstrosity.

absent
February 27th, 2005, 14:19
Originally posted by v8amg
They really have screwed up on that model. Funny posts saying it will give Rolls trouble, no it won't! The Phantom V12 is a class machine, elegant and powerful, that Bentley just looks like a jacked up VW now. The Arnage RL is where the class is at, not that monstrosity.

I disagree,Phantom looks like a movie prop driven by the bad character from some new Batman or other stupid Disney production.

Klint
February 28th, 2005, 11:20
Pardon me...But Bentley is British...I'm offended that it's going to be built in Dresden along side a vehicle that is far inferior.

Think of a Ferrari being built along side a Skoda in Slovakia?

absent
February 28th, 2005, 13:48
Originally posted by Klint
Pardon me...But Bentley is British...I'm offended that it's going to be built in Dresden along side a vehicle that is far inferior.

You have something against Skoda????

Klint
February 28th, 2005, 14:18
Originally posted by absent
You have something against Skoda????

I can't because I haven't had any first hand experience of the Skoda brand.

Although, it's a well known fact that Skoda has the biggest loyalty based owners of any car company.

Benman
February 28th, 2005, 15:53
Originally posted by Klint

Not a similar comparison. If the Ferrari was built on the SAME platform than why NOT build it there? Since the Bentley IS the same platform it is really not a superior vehicle, just a greatly better version.:D

I've ALWAYS thought it was funny how Ferrari fans could ALWAYS ignore ALL the controls and buttons STRAIGHT OFF A FIAT but yet the same people will be quick to mention when other "lesser" cars share parts with other cars. Funny stuff. Only RECENTLY has Ferrari gone to the trouble of producing bespoke interior parts for their vehicles. All this dispite the outrageous price tags they carry.

Ben:addict: (and "American" cars have been built for YEARS out of country, so welcome to the club:cheers: )

Klint
March 8th, 2005, 11:51
Originally posted by Benman
Not a similar comparison. If the Ferrari was built on the SAME platform than why NOT build it there? Since the Bentley IS the same platform it is really not a superior vehicle, just a greatly better version.:D

I've ALWAYS thought it was funny how Ferrari fans could ALWAYS ignore ALL the controls and buttons STRAIGHT OFF A FIAT but yet the same people will be quick to mention when other "lesser" cars share parts with other cars. Funny stuff. Only RECENTLY has Ferrari gone to the trouble of producing bespoke interior parts for their vehicles. All this dispite the outrageous price tags they carry.

Ben:addict: (and "American" cars have been built for YEARS out of country, so welcome to the club:cheers: )

Good points, Ben.