PDA

View Full Version : 2004: Another Record Year for Audi

RS4Ever
January 18th, 2005, 08:44
Audi consequently succeeded in increasing its sales for the eleventh year in succession. - Click Me (http://www.fourtitude.com/news/publish/Audi_News/article_974.shtml)

Good Job Audi and Audi Fans! :D

Audihead
January 18th, 2005, 16:36
There's Nordo's answer. It is contained in the text of the statistics. The reason we should get some goodies over here in the States. We are Audis' largest export market. 'Nuf said.

:s4addict:

tailpipe
January 19th, 2005, 10:09
Audihead,

Are you kidding? What this data really says is that the USA is Audi's worst performing market. They sell basically the same number of Audis in England as they do over the pond - and we only have 60 million people versus the US's 250 million plus. Consequently, and until Audi gains a greater toehold stateside, I guess they will only import versions of the range for which they believe there is a certain market. Bad luck guys.

Benman
January 19th, 2005, 15:47
Originally posted by tailpipe
Audihead,

Are you kidding?
"The USA remains the biggest export market with sales of 77,917 (-9.8 percent) cars.
One of the individual markets with the highest growth rate is Great Britain, where Audi sales have more than doubled in just seven years. This market expanded by 11.1 percent to 77,882 units in 2004 alone. "

This info would seem to indicate Nord being correct. If the US has more than 4 times the population yet only consumes the same amount of Audis AND demands better warranties AND shows a decrease in sales (UK shows increase) it makes sense that the dang Brits get the better cars (and seats:D ).

Ben:addict:

Audihead
January 19th, 2005, 21:07
The reason Audi is down in the U.S. 9.8% is marketing stratagy. This company is the worst. Just went to the autoshow here in Detroit, the North American home of VW/Audi. Their brand new car the A3 was here, no fan fair at all. Nothing saying take a look, all new model here. Nothing. Plus the only version they had on display was a 2.0T frontdriver. No 2 door model, no 3.2, and no Quattro. You could not sit in 3/4 of the cars on display & there were only 2 reps. handing out some booklets. Truly pathetic. If they want to grow the market here they need to try much harder. Hell i even got to sit in the Mazer & Ferrari cars on display and they were behind ropes. There is not much advertising on TV or radio, and only a few magazine ads, how do you expect to sell cars if you can't let people know what you have. If Audi would just try, it would be no problem to spank the U.K. in sales time and again. Plus bring the models out in a more orderly manner. Noone here wants a frontwheel drive car. Bring out your all your cars at the same time. Ie: A3 2.0T A3 3.2 S3 6-speed & DSG. Hook the people, sell the ride.

RS4Ever
January 20th, 2005, 04:13
just wondering ... but how are ads over the pond.. in the european area and so forth - in other words, any other place than in the US?

there is that one commercial they did in "Escher" style... very very neat.. very very audi... but i've never seen it on the tube... only on the internet.. actually only on this site (i tell myself atleast i have this forum:D ).

audihead is right.. you dont see many audi ads here in the states.. atleast not here in atlanta, georgia (maybe we get filtered... many trucks and suv's... hehe)

so whats it like in your area?

A418TQTip
January 20th, 2005, 05:43
I kind of agree with Audihead... BMW and MB are much more aggressive and their numbers reflect that - they sold ~1.2M cars last year...

Granted, Audi doesn't have an SxV in its line up (yet), but I have a hard time believing the X-series and the M-class sold ~500K cars each...

A418TQTip
January 20th, 2005, 05:47
Originally posted by Audihead
Plus the only version they had on display was a 2.0T frontdriver. No 2 door model...

Maybe because all we're getting is the Sportback (2.0T FWD at first)? :vhmmm:

RS4Ever
January 20th, 2005, 20:45
Originally posted by A418TQTip
Maybe because all we're getting is the Sportback (2.0T FWD at first)? :vhmmm:

of course we are only getting that as a start here in the US... but why are we only getting that?

A418TQTip
January 21st, 2005, 03:07
Originally posted by RS4Ever
of course we are only getting that as a start here in the US... but why are we only getting that?

I really can't see a whole lot of people buying the 2-door hatchback here in the States and it's real expensive to "federalize" these cars...

I guess they figured those who really want the 2-door hatch will have to wait and shell out the big bucks for the RS3...

RS4Ever
January 21st, 2005, 05:08
you may have a good point.

originally, i was really wondering about the quattro.
only noooooooooow (long time) they bring the A3 over.. and not a quattro.. they say about a year later they will.

oh well.

tailpipe
January 21st, 2005, 11:49
My prediction for 2005: AoA gets biggest shake up since it was started.

:alig:

Audihead
January 21st, 2005, 17:47
Axel Mees already got bitch slapped, what next?:eye:

Finnus
January 21st, 2005, 20:31
I think sytyle-wise, Audi is set to take advantage of BMW's miscue on the 5 & 7 series.

Two things Audi has to improve in the States - service and resale/trade in value. My dealer has been great to me, but they are lacking in providing that special treatment that you expect from a marquis brand. Regarding resale, they offered about $12,000 for my 2001 S4 that Blue Book priced at $22K. And that was when I was buying a top-of-the line RS6.

What are others' experience with service/resale?

Finnus
:addict:

Benman
January 22nd, 2005, 00:31
Originally posted by Finnus

What are others' experience with service/resale?

Finnus
As with Finnus, I feel my dealer has treated me well, but agree with the trade in value (you would think buying THE MOST EXPENSIVE model to date car they offer might bring in a tad more on the trade in!). However, Mercedes, BMW and even Lexus (the CSI KING!) offers poor trade in value although Audi is even slightly worse and is lagging behind these.

Audihead
January 24th, 2005, 04:52
Best thing to do is sell the car on the open market. You will always get screwed on a trade. The dealer willl take the car for 3K to 7K less, spends some money to re-certify it and make a boat-load. There are so many ways to sell your car, don't be that guy. Don't get bent over.

Benman
January 24th, 2005, 15:36
Originally posted by Audihead
Best thing to do is sell the car on the open market. You will always get screwed on a trade. The dealer willl take the car for 3K to 7K less, spends some money to re-certify it and make a boat-load. There are so many ways to sell your car, don't be that guy. Don't get bent over.

Which is of course what I did. As soon as the trade in price was given, my car went up for sale on autotrader.com. My point is that you would think that the dealers would be reasonable as to what they give you for the car. We know they need to make a profit but come on.

Finnus
January 24th, 2005, 16:12
We know they need to make a profit but come on.

I agree. I just kept my S4 and its been a good decision.

Finnus

Audihead
January 27th, 2005, 19:53
Originally posted by Benman
We know they need to make a profit but come on.

That's why consistantly used car salesmen have been voted the most untrustworthy person to deal with in society. Very sad.:confused:

R8isGreat
January 29th, 2005, 15:26
I hate taking my car in for service. Here in charlotte the AUdi and VW is owned by the same guy. The VW dealership is Huge and right beside it is no lie, a 500 square feet building. You cant even really see it from the road. And still I see more and more Audi's in Charlotte every day. Now the owner has wised up and is building a top rate dealership for his Audi brand down the road, and all us Audi Charlotte guys are stoked.

Ive been happy with my service, but the Audi dealership has only 3 Audi lonaners. If you dont get one, they rent you something like a 2000 civic. I always get irate over that one. Hopefully that wil be rectified. The service guys ae top notch though, Ill just be happy when we get our own house to play with instead of crasshing in Daddy VW's.