PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Geneva debut for RS6

ricky71370
January 17th, 2005, 04:10
has anyone seen this article.??

magazine- quattro quarterly, winter 2005

i'll write parts of the article:
The new Rs6 is likely to be unveilved in Geneva in the spring of 2007 or at least at the IAA in Frankfurt in the fall of 2007. Upping the bar one more time, Audi will push the horsepower levels to all time heights. Expect the full blown version of the v10 motor, which may even be pressurized. According to a recent Auto Motor und Sport issue, 626 bhp will be the number to beat as this car must endure all of the new models to be released by AMG-Mercedes and BMW.

ps-:bow: :bow:

Benman
January 17th, 2005, 15:57
I have not seen that article but it would be sweet to see those kinds of #s. It's not totally unrealistic, afterall BMW raised their own bar by 100+ HP over the previous M5, so why can't Audi do something similar? 550-600 HP would be nice!:0:

Ben:addict:

A418TQTip
January 17th, 2005, 23:08
I agree, a 600+HP RS6 would be real nice, but the question is: how will the new model handle that much power? ;) I guess we'll have to wait and see. :thumb:

Benman
January 18th, 2005, 00:44
Originally posted by A418TQTip
I agree, a 600+HP RS6 would be real nice, but the question is: how will the new model handle that much power? ;) I guess we'll have to wait and see. :thumb:
I would think easily. The new M5 routes 500+ HP through ONLY the 2 rear wheels or 250 each. The new RS 6 (if it had lets say 620), with all wheel drive would only have to handle 155 per wheel. Thats not much more than an Acura TL (front wheel drive and135 per wheel) or 350Z (rear wheel and 145 per wheel). It pays to have quattro!

A418TQTip
January 18th, 2005, 16:01
Ben,

I agree Quattro pays off.

However, my question had more to do with overall driving dynamics... ;)

Benman
January 18th, 2005, 16:14
Ben,

I agree Quattro pays off.

However, my question had more to do with overall driving dynamics... ;)
It's only speculation but if a TL (one of the most powerful front wheel drive cars available) can route that much power through the front wheels and still have great dynamics for a front driver (they drive and handle quite well) I would think that the upcoming RS 6 should be a capable vehicle. I would certainly think quattro GmbH will make it a top priority to focus on dynamics and not just HP. A good telling point will be what the new RS 4 is like. That platform is much older than what the new RS 6 will be based off of so if that can prove it's dynamics are superior to the old RS 4, than I would think quattro GmbH will be up to the challenge of a great RS 6!:cheers:

TaTaPiRaTa
January 19th, 2005, 19:15
No matter how much more HP they will put into new RS6, if there is no weight reduction it will not be much better car.

I hope we can get less than new M5 weight, with twin turbo V10 and better brakes. That will be a package :addict:

Benman
January 19th, 2005, 20:45
Originally posted by TaTaPiRaTa
No matter how much more HP they will put into new RS6, if there is no weight reduction it will not be much better car.

I hope we can get less than new M5 weight, with twin turbo V10 and better brakes. That will be a package :addict:
A good point about the HP. I would like to see the RS 6 beat the M5's weight as well but this is unlikely.

The new A6 4.2 (at least according to a couple of US mags) has a curb weight that is @50lbs MORE than the 03 RS 6. Keep in mind this is without the 2 turbos, all the extra plumbing required, Beefier suspension, bigger brakes, bigger wheels, etc... which all add weight. Now if Audi could not even make the new A6 4.2 weight less than the 03 RS 6, I have a tough time believing that they will make the 07 or 08 RS 6 weight even less than the A6 4.2. And as it is the new 4.2 weights more than the new M5 (by @ 75lbs).:cheers:

Payne
January 19th, 2005, 21:00
Hi..
Has anyone seen some pictures or sketches or anythin about the new Rs6?

Benman
January 19th, 2005, 21:29
Originally posted by Payne
Hi..
Has anyone seen some pictures or sketches or anythin about the new Rs6?
Welcome to the forum. Here's one but keep in mind it's not the real deal, just an idea.

http://www.rs6.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/462/size/big/password//sort/1/cat/503

A418TQTip
January 20th, 2005, 06:01
Originally posted by Benman
A good point about the HP. I would like to see the RS 6 beat the M5's weight as well but this is unlikely.

The new A6 4.2 (at least according to a couple of US mags) has a curb weight that is @50lbs MORE than the 03 RS 6. Keep in mind this is without the 2 turbos, all the extra plumbing required, Beefier suspension, bigger brakes, bigger wheels, etc... which all add weight. Now if Audi could not even make the new A6 4.2 weight less than the 03 RS 6, I have a tough time believing that they will make the 07 or 08 RS 6 weight even less than the A6 4.2. And as it is the new 4.2 weights more than the new M5 (by @ 75lbs).:cheers:

See, that's exactly one of the things I was referring to when I mentioned overall driving dynamics...

How can overall driving dynamics improve with more weight to throw around the twisties? ;) I don't think Quattro alone is enough to offset that... :vhmmm:

5000S old skool
January 20th, 2005, 12:47
I didnt think the RS4 and RS6 were made with tight, twisty country roads in mind. There more Autobahn Beasts. I think I'd rather be in something solid and stable at 170mph then a paper kite. I think the S5/RS9 etc.. are going to be the Audis made for tight roads.

Benman
January 20th, 2005, 17:41
See, that's exactly one of the things I was referring to when I mentioned overall driving dynamics...

How can overall driving dynamics improve with more weight to throw around the twisties? ;) I don't think Quattro alone is enough to offset that... :vhmmm:
I understand what you're saying and think Audi will have a tuff time if the weight gets out of control. I do however think that quattro GmbH will make sure that it doesn't go too far. What was meant by my comment was that I don't think the upcoming RS 6 will weight LESS than the new M5, I wasn't intending it to weight MUCH more, just not less.

Keep in mind that the new M5 weights about 150lbs more than the outgoing model yet ALL the mags RAVE about it's EXCEPTIONAL handling (I have yet to read anything even CLOSE to "man, this car weights @150 lbs more and you can FEEL it!). Obviously if you have great engineers you can do pretty amazing things.:cheers:

Payne
January 20th, 2005, 20:42
Welcome to the forum. Here's one but keep in mind it's not the real deal, just an idea.

http://www.rs6.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/462/size/big/password//sort/1/cat/503

Thanks..
Thats not just a car..Thats love..
I dont want it---I Need it:D :rs6kiss:
Do you think that price of the new one would be similar to the 03 Rs6?..

Benman
January 21st, 2005, 00:25
Originally posted by Payne

I dont want it---I Need it:D :rs6kiss:
Do you think that price of the new one would be similar to the 03 Rs6?..
I doubt it. Look at the 03 vs the 06? M5 price. In 03' the M5 stickered for @$73K, yet the new one is expected to (and most likely will) be $90K+! A large leap. I would say it's doubtful that we'll see even a zero optioned 06/07 RS 6 for less than $95K. Not want I want, but just a prediction. Time will tell.

gjg
January 21st, 2005, 01:29
Hi Payne, that would be another Czech rs6 ...... are you local or expat in Prague?

A418TQTip
January 21st, 2005, 03:13
I understand what you're saying and think Audi will have a tuff time if the weight gets out of control. I do however think that quattro GmbH will make sure that it doesn't go too far. What was meant by my comment was that I don't think the upcoming RS 6 will weight LESS than the new M5, I wasn't intending it to weight MUCH more, just not less.

Keep in mind that the new M5 weights about 150lbs more than the outgoing model yet ALL the mags RAVE about it's EXCEPTIONAL handling (I have yet to read anything even CLOSE to "man, this car weights @150 lbs more and you can FEEL it!). Obviously if you have great engineers you can do pretty amazing things.:cheers:

Gotcha...

Payne
January 21st, 2005, 22:32
Originally posted by gjg
Hi Payne, that would be another Czech rs6 ...... are you local or expat in Prague?

HI

..Yeah but im not that sure about that cus i've got at least another 5 years of studies in front of me :) ..
..Well..The picture i saw worth it:rs6kiss:

I live near Prague, you know..all those small villages made in last few years..
..And you?