PDA

View Full Version : Latest pics

audirs6sport
January 17th, 2005, 03:59
For those who've requested for the pics before about the xenon 16000kelvins fogs with as well as the beams with black headlight housing.

audirs6sport
January 17th, 2005, 04:01
second pic, all taken with my cell phone couldn't find my digital cam =(

nene
January 17th, 2005, 05:32
We are going to need better photos dude.
However, those are some pretty powerful fogs you got there. They seem to give more light than the regular lights.

Please...more photos, and with a real digicam.

jim kelly
January 17th, 2005, 06:29
Quick question.
Is it the lenses or the reflectors which are 'blackened' in the headlights?

audirs6sport
January 17th, 2005, 07:31
Originally posted by nene
We are going to need better photos dude.
However, those are some pretty powerful fogs you got there. They seem to give more light than the regular lights.

Please...more photos, and with a real digicam.

Actually, they both provide the same amount of power, but it appears like the fogs are brighter because the headlight beams are actually coming from a projector lens which means the light is very narrow and focused. However, with the fog, it is not projected and it uses the reflective beam pattern to project light. It is different depending upon the angle you look at it. And yes they do give more light output than regular lights because they are REAL HID. We're talking 3,200 Lm (HID) VS. 700 (halogen)Lm :D

audirs6sport
January 17th, 2005, 07:33
Originally posted by jim kelly
Quick question.
Is it the lenses or the reflectors which are 'blackened' in the headlights?

All the chrome mirror finish you see in audi headlights is the portion where it has been painted. Sorry for the poor quality pic, I used my phone camera cause I couldn't find the digicam. I'll post up higher quality pics as soon as I get a chance to do so. But either way the problem is that pictures never justify lights...

nene
January 17th, 2005, 14:39
I'd be interested in seeing better pix of the actual headlight housing, with beams off. Just to get some idea on the level of detail.

JP4
January 17th, 2005, 15:50
Originally posted by audirs6sport
Actually, they both provide the same amount of power, but it appears like the fogs are brighter because the headlight beams are actually coming from a projector lens which means the light is very narrow and focused. However, with the fog, it is not projected and it uses the reflective beam pattern to project light. It is different depending upon the angle you look at it. And yes they do give more light output than regular lights because they are REAL HID. We're talking 3,200 Lm (HID) VS. 700 (halogen)Lm :D

OK...I'm sold...where do you get them and how much? Did you DIY that project? Did you answer all these questions before and I missed it? :eek:

Seems like I saw something on this project somewhere! :vhmmm:

Any details you can provide (if you haven't done that already) would be greatly appreciated. :idea:

RS4Ever
January 17th, 2005, 16:26
Originally posted by audirs6sport
For those who've requested for the pics before about the xenon 16000kelvins fogs with as well as the beams with black headlight housing.

it looks very very nice man. very fresh.

i love the look. :D

J0X
January 17th, 2005, 17:19
OKay, that blackened reflector is probably the coolest mod i've seen in a while. I am so tempted to do that now, but I wonder how it's gonna be treated on inspection.

audirs6sport
January 17th, 2005, 21:33
Originally posted by JP4
OK...I'm sold...where do you get them and how much? Did you DIY that project? Did you answer all these questions before and I missed it? :eek:

Seems like I saw something on this project somewhere! :vhmmm:

Any details you can provide (if you haven't done that already) would be greatly appreciated. :idea:

I got the h7 hid conversion kit (fog) from my friend who sells them for 280 (group buy discount price) for any color temp you'd like. Yes, that project was all done by myself (painting, new wiring, few fabrication, etc.) I hope that answers all your questions.