PDA

View Full Version : M5 driver

sturs6
January 15th, 2005, 03:09
I was talking to a guy I played golf with the other day after he had pulled up in his car which was a M5. I asked if he had placed his order for the new BMW M5. He said no then rambled a bit about the SMG transmission and said oh well nice car anyway but its no RS6. Yada yada whats an RS6 he says and I rambled some then the funniest thing happend. He accelerated like mister look at me in my fast car but he was in reverse.:dance: :harass: :harass: :harass:
We all just stood and watched because just before this another car had just pulled behind him. No!!! he did not hit it. The whole thing was funny though.

audirs6sport
January 15th, 2005, 07:50
HAHA I can imagine how much I would have laughed my F---ing ass off. :D SMQ??? (smg)

5000S old skool
January 15th, 2005, 15:19
He didn't know what an RS6 is,? and hes an M5 owner? :vhmmm: He needs to start being aware of whats in his cars class... :idea:

sturs6
January 15th, 2005, 15:58
Originally posted by audirs6sport
SMQ??? (smg)
Oh crap sorry... it has been changed.

Aronis
January 15th, 2005, 19:09
Originally posted by 5000S old skool
He didn't know what an RS6 is,? and hes an M5 owner? :vhmmm: He needs to start being aware of whats in his cars class... :idea:

Not all M car owners know what they are driving.

Case in point, when BMW introduced the M3 with an AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION, that was a sad day indeed.......sure it was a precurser to the necesity to step up to an Auto if you want 7 gears, but it was sad just the same. The result was "I'll take that cute one over there if it is automatic." This was the begining of the end of the Taurus SHO too, when they went the same way with the 5 speed Automatic to capture that market, you know who....Sorry Rackette if you are reading LOL....

Anyway, plenty of M drivers NEVER M drive their car, as there are plenty of S drivers who never S their cars, but from what I have seen, few RS6 drivers don't know and don't clearly appreciate what they are driving.....but I know a few old dudes with them who should have stuck with a Caddy....

Mike
:dance:

sturs6
January 15th, 2005, 22:30
Originally posted by Aronis
but I know a few old dudes with them who should have stuck with a Caddy....

Mike
:dance:
Hey I resent that comment!!! :D :eye: :hihi:
http://www.rs6.com/gallery/data/519/674MallettV.JPG

Aronis
January 17th, 2005, 15:10
No offense intended....

I was just responding to the post about the guy in the M5 who tried to impress others in REVERSE LOLOLOL..

Mike

PS Caddy's are still old man cars...:hahahehe: i'll have to get one soon...

sturs6
January 17th, 2005, 17:09
No offense intended....

I was just responding to the post about the guy in the M5 who tried to impress others in REVERSE LOLOLOL..

Mike

PS Caddy's are still old man cars...:hahahehe: i'll have to get one soon...
HAHA!!
Be sure to look at the CTS-V. I never thought at 31 I would be driving a Caddy. My wife still makes fun of me.

Aronis
January 17th, 2005, 17:22
I certainly like the concept of the CTS-v, ie, sedan with big power, easy on the wallet, etc, but I don't care for the styling.....

too edgy for me, but I am sure its a nice car.

The Caddy Joke, you certainly get since you say your wife still digs at you LOL, no offense intended....

Mike

Better to be an old man in a Caddy than a dork in a Volvo :p

eph94
January 17th, 2005, 18:33
I certainly like the concept of the CTS-v, ie, sedan with big power, easy on the wallet, etc

Detroit is picking up the ball and running with this concept. 300C SRT-8, Charger, CTS-V... wow.

And how about the new C6 Vette Z06? My God. I've never been a Vette guy, but that car screams bargain of the century. There are SO many cars that I want right now. I wonder how long this automotive Renaissance will last...

Aronis
January 17th, 2005, 18:43
I sat in a vette before I got my RS6, and I did not like the Vette.....the performance is great, but sitting on the floor is not for me...

Mike

Bauer
January 17th, 2005, 21:22
Hey Stewart,

I hear Caddy makes their cup holders to fit ensure drinks:D :hihi:

Kidding of course....have you sent her out to be tuned yet?

Audihead
January 17th, 2005, 21:48
Dont forget the new Cadillac STS-V either.

Audihead
January 17th, 2005, 21:49

Audihead
January 17th, 2005, 21:50

Audihead
January 17th, 2005, 21:51

Audihead
January 17th, 2005, 21:51

Audihead
January 17th, 2005, 21:52

sturs6
January 17th, 2005, 22:36
Hey Ben,
Just so you know I like Ensure drinks.!.!:D
Yes to answer your question. It has been tuned and it is smoking. 485 hp 400 to the rear wheel, penske racing track shocks, lowered, exhaust, cam, heads, intake. New engine next year... Maybe!!!
I like that red interior.
http://www.rs6.com/forum/attachment.php?s=&postid=40324

Audihead
January 18th, 2005, 16:31
How 'bout the back then?

GmbHouse
January 18th, 2005, 20:50
Stewart - What did you have Mallett do to your CTS? HP/Torque? How about axle hop, which can be an issue with stock cars?