PDA

View Full Version : Borrow someone's RS6?

5000S old skool
January 14th, 2005, 13:06
Can I borrow someone's RS6?? (haha, I wish) Got some one telling me that his :harass: Mustang would leave this "A6 with rims" that I was looking at pictures of, in the dust... Man this would be a great kill.. just to see the look on his face :bigeyes:. I haven't told him what an RS6 is. I'll let him be over confident :D

RS4Ever
January 14th, 2005, 18:01
hehe

the mustang will put its tail between its legs when it hears the beast :dig:

JAXRS6
January 14th, 2005, 21:22
I just checked with a Ford dealer here in SW Florida and was told that ordering a new Mustang GT already requires a 3-4 month wait. No wonder: Where else can you get 300 hp for under $25K? (They have plenty of the lesser-powered ponies in stock.) The new Mustang GT beat the newly pumped up GTO (400 hp) in two recent comparison articles by Car & Driver and Autoweek. The GTO was faster but Mustang won the comparison due to steering/handling, styling and price. Both these cars are several hundred pounds lighter than our beasts, and they lose power delivering to only two wheels rather than four.

Bottom line is that considering the price difference, let's hope the RS6 is not only faster than the pony, but by a wide margin...and that may not be easy if the GT driver is good at hooking up.

The GTO times in the article are virtually the same as I've experienced in my RS6. But car mags always seem to get superior times, so I'm not sure how close such a contest would actually turn out.

Run 'em in the rain, tho, and I'm sure the margin would be huge!

http://autoweek.com/article.cms?articleId=101521

5000S old skool
January 14th, 2005, 23:58
Originally posted by JAXRS6
I just checked with a Ford dealer here in SW Florida and was told that ordering a new Mustang GT already requires a 3-4 month wait. No wonder: Where else can you get 300 hp for under $25K? (They have plenty of the lesser-powered ponies in stock.) The new Mustang GT beat the newly pumped up GTO (400 hp) in two recent comparison articles by Car & Driver and Autoweek. The GTO was faster but Mustang won the comparison due to steering/handling, styling and price. Both these cars are several hundred pounds lighter than our beasts, and they lose power delivering to only two wheels rather than four.

Bottom line is that considering the price difference, let's hope the RS6 is not only faster than the pony, but by a wide margin...and that may not be easy if the GT driver is good at hooking up.

The GTO times in the article are virtually the same as I've experienced in my RS6. But car mags always seem to get superior times, so I'm not sure how close such a contest would actually turn out.

Run 'em in the rain, tho, and I'm sure the margin would be huge!

http://autoweek.com/article.cms?articleId=101521

I would prefer the GTO over the 'Stang. I was reading a freinds magazine (Road and Track I beleive but no so sure). The compared the GTO and the 'Stang. The GTO was superior in just about every category but the 'stang won by only 2 or 3 points because of the "gotta have it factor".. :rolleyes: