PDA

View Full Version : Hey Bauer... Mr. Mud? Inquiring minds want to know...

eph94
January 10th, 2005, 18:23
Rumor has it that you went agricultural at Thunderhill. What the heck happened??

I'm going through track day withdrawal. I have to wait until the end of March for Lime Rock. Counting down the days... tick tock tick tock...

Bauer
January 10th, 2005, 19:04
Umm....well.....hmmm.....yes ...that would be a yes.

Turn 3, off camber turn...car rotated, I counter steered, applied power but too late and not agressive enough. Car rotated about 90 degrees, stopped with two front tires on the inside of the track. So not too bad.

Mud, however did get all over the track and they black flagged the rest of the session....I felt really bad because other people lost their time on the track.

I was doing really well all day, no problems, driving fast and smooth(most of the time:D ). The off track adventure happened on the last run of the day. Oh well live and learn:doh: I was probably the fastest in my run group...up untill that point. Passed a modified 996 C4's several times. No 996 tt in my run group so don't know how I would fair there. Was hitting 120 to 125 on the front straight and having good success rotating the car all day.....up untill that last run.

I will post pics of the car...it is at the detailer getting cleaned as we speak. Inside (windows open), outside and underneath.....mud everywhere.

Oh, and blew a tire as well, caught the curb tore across the tire.

Going to Buttonwillow in March to see if I can hit the pasture there as well.

I gotta get me some more cowbell.

http://mknx.com/v/cowbell.wmv

Benman
January 10th, 2005, 21:03
:D Glad you were OK though!:0:

Ben:addict:

eph94
January 10th, 2005, 21:19
Wow, sounded like an adventure to say the least. Good thing that no one got hurt except make for a little egg, errr... or mud, on your face.

The last run of the day always scares me. In theory, that is when I should put it all together and crank out my best laps. In practice, it's usually my sloppiest run.

Your modded S4 sounds the balls. How much more fun is it than the RS6 on the track?

Bauer
January 10th, 2005, 21:37
Ben,

You were missed over the weekend. Lots of changing conditions:wo: Dry, wet, lake, partial dry, dry...and very cold:thumb: ....good turbo weather.

Hope you can make it to Buttonwillow on the 8th and 9th.

Joe-

where are you getting all of this top secret info from:hahahehe: ???

The S4 is a blast to drive...could use a little more tire....looking into that right now. But I am VERY glad I got.....not that I don't love the RS6....but this S4 was the right choice for me for track events and fun driving days.

I have a few other items to finish on the car before it is done. STaSIS just finished some new prototype control arms for me. Should be on in the next week or so. Also, looking to get their center diff with the 4:1 locking and LSD with approx 80% lock up. Should really me the car interesting. Before I get the diffs I want to spend more time with the car the way it is.

Car will be gone down south (LA) for some additional tuning in the next month or two.

I will keep you posted.

eph94
January 11th, 2005, 05:34
Originally posted by Bauer
Joe-

where are you getting all of this top secret info from:hahahehe: ???

All I can say is thank goodness for Al Gore inventing the Internet. You'd be amazed at what can be found out there. There is also a report of you having "the January track record for most mud in the brake/suspension section of his car." You've become a living legend!!

All joking aside, I found the reference to your escapade on the Audiworld Motorsports forum: http://forums.audiworld.com/racing/msgs/35769.phtml

As soon I saw it, I came here immediately to get the... dirt. (Groan! I'm cursing myself, aren't I? :) )

Joe:

Benman
January 11th, 2005, 15:24
Originally posted by JJV-MA

All joking aside, I found the reference to your escapade on the Audiworld Motorsports forum: http://forums.audiworld.com/racing/msgs/35769.phtml

Joe:
"Captain Mud" :hihi:

Benman
January 11th, 2005, 15:25
Originally posted by Bauer
Ben,

You were missed over the weekend. Lots of changing conditions:wo: Dry, wet, lake, partial dry, dry...and very cold:thumb: ....good turbo weather.

Hope you can make it to Buttonwillow on the 8th and 9th.

Hope I can make it as well, but as of now, not looking good as my condition is the same:cry: