PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me?

audirs6sport
January 10th, 2005, 08:39
Anyone else having the same problem with their headlight fogging? I've had this problem since delivery and didn't care much about it until recently, heavy rain in So. Cal.

Aronis
January 10th, 2005, 15:51
I believe this issue is common to A6's, something to do with venting in the light setup.....thus condensation can build up.

Mike

steve
January 11th, 2005, 22:29
Quite important you don't spray directly on the lights when you are cleaning it with the highpressure cleaner... Did it once on the A6:doh: ...luckily it went away and hasn't come back anymore :)

King of this condensation problem must be a BMW X5. :king:

nene
January 12th, 2005, 00:57
I notice some of this on mine, mostly when it rains.
I have tried various times adjusting the rubber/foam strip between the housing and the lid, and that has helped a bit. It seems to fog up less now.

SpinEcho
January 12th, 2005, 02:42
OK so far on my Beast (knocks on wood). This was a recurrent problem on my 330i in the winter time; the headlight housing would actually crack. No problems since I stopped wand-washing when below freezing, except for a perpetually filthy car.

Aronis
January 12th, 2005, 15:08
I wash mine frequently in the Winter, of course I cheat, I have a heated garage LOL.....

Mike

:rs6kiss:

audirs6sport
January 13th, 2005, 09:53
HEHE.. I recently applied a layer of silicone around the headlight housing. IT DEFINETELY seems like there's less fog or actually more like none :p